What Promo would you like to see next?

VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
I figure people speculate on this on their own enough as is, and while the admin sometimes have slated plans for months, I feel like having a place for open, public suggestions wouldn't hurt.

Right now, I really really want to see a lesson sale. Been thinking of a lot of classflex options and it would be enough to push me along the way.

After that, genie bottle curio crates, for obvious reasons.

Otherwise, more gnewpies.

What would everyone else like to see, and hopefully sway some consideration towards? If we're going to have promos, we might as well try to get ones we want!

Comments

• I've been wanting a gold auction for about a year now.
  • Goop all the way
    No Genies, they are evil
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I liked artifact bandits best. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited January 2015
    I would like to see some old things cycled back in, either as they originally were or as nonstacking functional reprints. Gnewpies and genie bottles are of particular interest.

Something related to psychodrama in some way would also be cool. If you do auctions/raffles, put the ikon of yourself in as a prize again!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Anything non-curio/gnewpie would be great in my book.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Also, a 21 day quest for goop is always good. Could just reuse the old ones, although maybe add a thing so the slivven don't do their drive-by paralyzing in Hallifax (Or anywhere else they got into. I dunno if they go into other cities.)
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I was always a big fan of the wheel of chaos.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    More special items like the stocking and such.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Portius said:
    Also, a 21 day quest for goop is always good. Could just reuse the old ones, although maybe add a thing so the slivven don't do their drive-by paralyzing in Hallifax (Or anywhere else they got into. I dunno if they go into other cities.)
    The slivvens need a serious nerf though. They were way too powerful for an event like that. Especially the whole "move every second" bit...
  • Goop, personally. But I'm biased; I only need three more goop to transform my fesix backpack into a much more appropriate briefcase.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Lesson sale.

Lusternia, let me throw my money at you.
  • Lesson sale or aethergoop!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    One free spin a day on the Wheel if you're logged on for at least an hour.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I've spent so much I've become a demigod promo?
  • Lottery or tonic sale!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• One that gives free stuff.  $-)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I finally figured out what I would love to see in a promo. One that lasts a few ( more than three) months.

Anything that isn't an item.
    For non items - Lesson sales are nice. Credit bonuses are nice as well. as would be the IG artifact sales. Even dingbat sales would be nice.

With the overhaul, I would love to see all coding efforts focused on that. And perhaps bugs that come from it.  (this also means no new areas, quests or what have you.). I would also love to see after the overhaul is done, a few months of bug fixing. I remember when we players were all "stop giving us stuff and fix the game" the admins made a decent dent in the bug pile. I would love to see this done for a few months as well after the overhaul is done.  I believe working on this is what could be best for the game, better than any new shiny could ever give us. The non-coding gods could use this time to RP with their orgs (city/commune, guild, order).

If this 'non-item' promos went on for a year or more, I wouldn't mind this at all.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Crates that give you a random selection of pieces from treasure map, poteen pot and genie bottles.
    A permanent reduction in some artifact prices. Jeweler hammers shouldn't cost 500 credits.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ayisdra said:
    I finally figured out what I would love to see in a promo. One that lasts a few ( more than three) months.

For non items - Lesson sales are nice. Credit bonuses are nice as well. as would be the IG artifact sales. Even dingbat sales would be nice.

With the overhaul, I would love to see all coding efforts focused on that. And perhaps bugs that come from it.  (this also means no new areas, quests or what have you.). I would also love to see after the overhaul is done, a few months of bug fixing. I remember when we players were all "stop giving us stuff and fix the game" the admins made a decent dent in the bug pile. I would love to see this done for a few months as well after the overhaul is done.  I believe working on this is what could be best for the game, better than any new shiny could ever give us. The non-coding gods could use this time to RP with their orgs (city/commune, guild, order).

If this 'non-item' promos went on for a year or more, I wouldn't mind this at all.

Well, thing is, it's not the same people that create areas that code for the overhaul and fix bugs. So just because we get a new shiny area doesn't mean the overhaul was pushed back to complete it.
  • I hope they would sell old auction items, like the Book of the Dead :(
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I still do not understand why Celest is so fixated on winning the Mine of Undead.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    edited January 2015
    ALL MAY BE CLEANSED IN THE LIGHT

+1 auctions!
  • Ssaliss said:
    Ayisdra said:
    I finally figured out what I would love to see in a promo. One that lasts a few ( more than three) months.

Well, thing is, it's not the same people that create areas that code for the overhaul and fix bugs. So just because we get a new shiny area doesn't mean the overhaul was pushed back to complete it.
    No, but if the area has something go wrong with it, in that it requires a coder to fix, this just adds to the pile (and perhaps that might be seen as 'get done first' type things. I don't know how bugs are ordered priority wise and how that relates to the overhaul).

But never the less. I would love (and more likely pay money) if there would be a few months of the code admin working towards the overhaul and fixing bugs rather than for something that is a new shiny that requires time to code (I'm sure it probably doesn't take that long to code the new shinies, but still, it is time that could be used else where to make the game better (from my POV) even if it is not something the players would even see.  We can have all the shiny things in the world, but if some bug sits in the queue for months on end, it is going to turn people off, even if the new shiny does bring in a few new players.

Not saying I don't enjoy the work the admins do, I would just love a few months of non-item promos. I would love to see efforts made on fixing bugs (With the overhaul I get that any resources are going towards that for the most part.)
    More lottery ticket promos like the month we did the Triple Junction Inn.
  • Qistrel said:
    I still do not understand why Celest is so fixated on winning the Mine of Undead.
    They like to torture the undead with experiments involving blinding lights, exorcisms and such. 

I would very much like to see the login for x minutes and receive y credits/ lessons events return.
  • I thought promos were passed down from the big boss and the producer only is given a little flexibility in how to portray it in the game.
  • Arcanis said:
    I thought promos were passed down from the big boss and the producer only is given a little flexibility in how to portray it in the game.
    Yes, but the producer can pass this thread back up the chain. If we say nothing, how is he to know? Better to try and fail than never try at all.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.