If Ascension Failed...

2»

Comments

• Whatevs, if the soulless got lose I'd just hand Morgfyre a bottle of crazy juice and let him eat them all. And if we failed to snap him out of his frenzy until he ate Eventru too, then, well, these things happen.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Would be once to get more info on those, cause I've always thought they were, but no-one's ever cobfirmed it. It doesn't matter to me if She splintered or not though, either way would be cool!

• What would happen if an illithoid ascended? I mean, they are soulless, aren't they? I really, really hope so. But anyway, as soulless, don't they have that soulless energy? Which I've forgotten what it's called. Ex something.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • That's one of the great mysteries.  I think the Illithoid as a race have become something more than Illith ever was, and have transcended in some way.

[BANNERCODE]
  • I still want to be soulless. BoOoOoOo!
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • MoiMoi
    edited January 2013
    Cthazoth said:
    What would happen if an illithoid ascended? I mean, they are soulless, aren't they? I really, really hope so. But anyway, as soulless, don't they have that soulless energy? Which I've forgotten what it's called. Ex something.
    There's two theories on what will happen there: A] An illithoid is a soulless creature with pure excorable (I'm not looking up the correct spelling of Excorporitidio and neither should you) essence; being exposed to the Immanidivinus will destroy it or B] An inner worm is close enough to being a soul for the purposes of the Ascension that it will ascend normally and become a regular ascendant, with a super-powered inner worm instead of a super-powered body.

The later camp is probably correct OOCly speaking (the admin aren't going to delete your character if you win the Staff just because you're an illithoid), but in order to make that argument IC you probably have to say something about the essence of all the Elders Illith ate coming together to infuse inner worms with soul-fulness or about Illith somehow replicating the nameless son's creation of the soul. Or that psydrain also eats fragments of people's souls, I guess.
  • edited January 2013
    I was an illithoid changeling at the time when I Ascended by the Staff. I think Eventru snarked a bit, and that's all.

EDIT: Pretty sure Ceren was an illithoid too. Gotta love that illdrain forcefield.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I feel like it's tradition for Eventru to snark then.
  • Eventru said:
    If it failed, wouldn't the Seals just remain weakened and ready for someone to heal them?

Whoops, you guys failed in Jan/Feb. Kethuru destroys your life. Try again in Mar/Apr.
    Who says the Seals would last that long? Maybe Kethuru is waking up during Ascension, and the full force of His awareness is too much for Avechna. Bye bye seals, hello hungry hungry Soulless Gods.
    Can we have a new game based on Hungry Hungry Hippos where we have Hungry Hungry Kethuru... all of the hippos are replaced by Kethuru, and the beads are tiny Lusternians running away but still getting eaten!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Ascension failing causing an apocalyptic Lusternia?  Sounds like fun.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I suspect oblivion is a let less fun than people think it is
    It would sure help give us all some respite from curios, though.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Celina said:
    I suspect oblivion is a let less fun than people think it is
    I agree, Morrowind was better.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited February 2013
    Hey now, no failing Ascension... I've been eyeing that staff ever since late December. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Iytha said:
    If Kethuru got loose, you could always sacrifice nine Elder Gods...
    Again? Man. :(
  • It wasn't nine elder gods, but nine vernal gods.

So, instead of picking on Isune...do we have nine active vernal ascendants?

[BANNERCODE]
    edited February 2013
    No, see, you need active Elders to splinter themselves, and then Ascend their splinters.

Then you can have hundreds of Ascended EventruShards.

Kethuru would flee so fast.
  • Xenthos said:

No, see, you need active Elders to splinter themselves, and then Ascend their splinters.

Then you can have hundreds of Ascended EventruShards.

Kethuru would flee so fast.

Yes, and then the world can begin its conversion into a golden and celestial land of beauty and light, one befitting of our future empire..... >;)
  • Of course, you'd need to fix that whole threshold divide thing. Would be a shame to splinter and have a bunch of confused eventrians wandering around Celest.
    But they would all be talking in unison!
    Suddenly Eventru's royal we usage would make sense.
  • Of course, you'd need to fix that whole threshold divide thing. Would be a shame to splinter and have a bunch of confused eventrians wandering around Celest.

That's what everyone else is for. I mean, if a paltry Ayridion sacrifice made it, Hoaracle, Maylea, Raezon, Morgfyre, Isune, Zvoltz, Mysrai, Terentia, Charune, Lisaera, Nocht, Viravain, Shikari, Kalikai, Fain should be enough to make a bridge.

Lyreth can come with me.
    Ooo. And then, the return of Xynthin!
  • Eventru said:
    Of course, you'd need to fix that whole threshold divide thing. Would be a shame to splinter and have a bunch of confused eventrians wandering around Celest.
    That's what everyone else is for. I mean, if a paltry Ayridion sacrifice made it, Hoaracle, Maylea, Raezon, Morgfyre, Isune, Zvoltz, Mysrai, Terentia, Charune, Lisaera, Nocht, Viravain, Shikari, Kalikai, Fain should be enough to make a bridge. Lyreth can come with me.
    Muud can tag along behind?
  • A bunch of confused Eventrians wandering around Celest? Why...isn't that what it already is?
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    If Eventru splintered, Morgfyre would probably spend his days hunting every last one down to devour.

Actually, Morg should just eat the entire Pantheon, forming some Lusternia divine version of Voltron and take Kethuru head on.

What could go wrong?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Morkarion said:
    If Eventru splintered, Morgfyre would probably spend his days hunting every last one down to devour.

Actually, Morg should just eat the entire Pantheon, forming some Lusternia divine version of Voltron and take Kethuru head on.

What could go wrong?
    Sin is coming to Spira again...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.