Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• People destroying the Magnagora gate in crystal meadows make me rage face and destroy the Lirangsha gate in crystal meadows.
  • Blame Seren/Celest because they're the ones responsible for the tantrums that bring those rifts down. If you know the bear is sleeping why poke it with a hot branding iron?
  • edited February 2015
    Exactly. Gates are a privilege. I am removing them for the people who can't play nice with them, so no one gets that privilege.

I mean, where do the meadows even come from...?

Oh right. The GEOMANCER gates in taerin passages.

If anything, we should have it and no one else should.
  • (praise the lord I've never used crystal meadows and don't have a dependency on them so I don't have to deal with this bs)

• Realtalk: the issue is that Magnagora's Nosfydra construct, the Undead Crypt, is entirely, way too key to Magnagora. You literally do -not- have a choice in which construct is put there.

Unfortunately, that means that novices can't use the earth or nil construct from Nosfydra to access the higher planes. Hence the rifts.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's arguably the same problem for all of the cities. Each org has a pretty clear 'primary construct' that they probably are going to want to keep up on their nexus world at all times.
  • Or, yaknow, walk the long way like I had to when I was a novice.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• ^Taevyn's idea can't be ignored either. The days of Faethorn ganking have long slept. Magnagoran novices need not fear, since we ran Caerlyr out.

• edited February 2015
    Man, I was ganked 4+ times a day by Karlach and Idrazil and I still kept going.

(This was before I was circle 60 and before I was a combatant)
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Enyalida said:

It's arguably the same problem for all of the cities. Each org has a pretty clear 'primary construct' that they probably are going to want to keep up on their nexus world at all times.

Don't agree. Gaudi and Halli's constructs, at least, are pretty "could go either way". I know Gaudi has their fire construct up in their nexus world, while we have our continuum construct up. Novices need to do the planar quest? Don't worry 'bouuttt it.  B-)

Moon and Night altar? If you're getting raided excessively, I would easily make the snap decision to unraise that and raise the ethereal construct instead.

Celest has their phial construct up. I personally think the Celestia construct would be better, but I ain't no Star Council member no more.

EDIT: The point of the above is to say: Undead Crypt is way too good to not have permanently in your nexus world, unlike everything else.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or get a friend who can transport to a higher plane to take you. Two out of five guilds (and some of the more typically popular guilds, too?) in each city org can take you to a higher-planed nexus, and from there you can get to all other points. Or anyone with an orgbix, of course! Unless said novice is logging on when no one is on, or everyone is afk or something, it shouldn't be an issue. If that is the case, learning how to walk out to the Faethorn rifts is a good strategy.

If all else fails, make friends with one of the forests and have them let you put rifts in their territory, where they will be reasonably protected. Seren has historically turned down all such requests from staunch allies, though.
  • Let's not start this up again. Or, alternatively, move it to another thread so that one can be closed instead of Tweets.
  • edited February 2015
    ^ What Ssaliss Said

• We now have a fun new thread where all non-tweetable tweets can chirp instead. ;) Until it is closed.
  • Everytime someone mentions rifts or crystal meadows or try to get me involved

I'm busy writing.
  • Talith said:

People destroying the Lirangsha gate in crystal meadows makes me sad face.

If you really want to open this can of worms, go ahead, but I warn you it will get bloody ugly.
  • So I went to Earth, forgot, and then I felt sad because I thought everyone had gone off prime.

Vent is such a spas sometimes the way I role-play him.
  • Enyalida said:

Or get a friend who can transport to a higher plane to take you. Two out of five guilds (and some of the more typically popular guilds, too?) in each city org can take you to a higher-planed nexus, and from there you can get to all other points. Or anyone with an orgbix, of course! Unless said novice is logging on when no one is on, or everyone is afk or something, it shouldn't be an issue. If that is the case, learning how to walk out to the Faethorn rifts is a good strategy.

If all else fails, make friends with one of the forests and have them let you put rifts in their territory, where they will be reasonably protected. Seren has historically turned down all such requests from staunch allies, though.
    Enyalida said:

Interestingly enough, originally Serenwilde had gates to all of their villages in the ethereal plane, but when the guard change came through that restricted them to just the nexii we stopped that policy and I think moved to paintings eventually with the expansion of the kitchen area.

From memory one of the rifts that we used to maintain was also a rift to Celest and they had, effectively, free access to etherwilde. But then there was the fall out and leading up to that is when Serenwilde moved to the stance about no allied rifts in the forest because of the issues it brought up (like etherwilde becoming a gatehub with the expectation that it would be linked to allies etc). 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    And now we don't even use the paintings...

But we still rift to Ptoma.

• Another realtalk: all those guard stacks in Seren villages -can't- be good for your conquest pool.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    uh...what are they?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited February 2015
    Shaddus said:

uh...what are they?

Baby parrots.

EDIT: D'awwwww.... A fuzzy baby chick chatters pleasantly at you, nuzzling fondly against your cheek. Sooooo cute.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
This discussion has been closed.