Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Steingrim said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Qistrel said:
    Why do people influence every single marionette on the peak so I can't do the quest?

:((
    It's more likely a case of marionettes resetting before clearing their influenced state. Patience.
    Or after a dozen years, someone could actually have a checklist to set them up so they return uninfluenced.
    There would need to be a way to distinguish between normal item resetting, and resetting after being *poofed*
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I feel like that should be feasible.  Check to see if the thing was a corpse / in the holding room / wherever else NPCs go to chill out when they disappear from the normal game prior to the reset.  If true, then allow it to be influenced when the reset occurs.

Either that, or have it set a flag on the NPC when it poofs, because it already seems to reset the "reset timer" when they get murdered / influenced-into-a-poof (they have a standard decay / return time).
  • Good point.  Even easier would be to reset the influence state as soon as it enters the "room of things waiting to reset"
  • edited December 2014
    Shuyin said:
    More raids when there are defenders please, more like.
    Let's see, current raid on Angkrag occurred at 15:48 GMT (calculate for yourselves) which is roughly afternoon for me. Was 1 individual raiding so I went to take them on. While fighting, 3 others show up to 'help'. Really..?

Then there are those funny times when a conflict is occurring or about to occur and you suddenly see 5-6 enemies suddenly appear. I wonder how much benefit skype is.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Shuyin said:
    Let's see, current raid on Angkrag occurred at 15:48 GMT (calculate for yourselves) which is roughly afternoon for me. Was 1 individual raiding so I went to take them on. While fighting, 3 others show up to 'help'. Really..?

Then there are those funny times when a conflict is occurring or about to occur and you suddenly see 5-6 enemies suddenly appear. I wonder how much benefit skype is.
    Hi, Kettle. This is Pot. You're black.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Arcanis said:
    Shuyin said:

Hi, Kettle. This is Pot. You're black.
    Racist
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    LolRaid.

I think the only people who have my skype (which I'm usually not logged into) are.... Lehki, Arien, and Tacita. 

EDIT: Oh, and Septim. Possibly a Gaudi or two, I forget to add character names to the skype handle, so I lose track.

Stealing resource mobs from a village isn't really a 'conflict'. If they hadn't been able to take on 'defenders', they would have just left and come back later, the point isn't to fight.
    Enyalida said:
    LolRaid.

I think the only people who have my skype (which I'm usually not logged into) are.... Lehki, Arien, and Tacita. 

EDIT: Oh, and Septim. Possibly a Gaudi or two, I forget to add character names to the skype handle, so I lose track.

Stealing resource mobs from a village isn't really a 'conflict'. If they hadn't been able to take on 'defenders', they would have just left and come back later, the point isn't to fight.
    Yeah, kind of like the 'fight' that happened in Rockholm when Mag won Angkrag. A couple of people ran in, killed some miners + the king, ran out.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Enyalida said:
    LolRaid.

Yeah, kind of like the 'fight' that happened in Rockholm when Mag won Angkrag. A couple of people ran in, killed some miners + the king, ran out.
    You mean which happened right after we took Angkrag where you all had double our number? Even then, we stayed in Rockholm for several minutes and no one showed up. After we were done, we just decided to leave, naturally with a bit of a kicker by slaying the King...which I was surprised was -still- up till now. I'd have thought Celest would have been annoyed by now that Southgard is giving much less commodities because of that.
    Arcanis said:
    You mean which happened right after we took Angkrag where you all had double our number? Even then, we stayed in Rockholm for several minutes and no one showed up. After we were done, we just decided to leave, naturally with a bit of a kicker by slaying the King...which I was surprised was -still- up till now. I'd have thought Celest would have been annoyed by now that Southgard is giving much less commodities because of that.
    Being that Celest and Hallifax are on friendly terms and that Celest has double Hallifax' villages? As opposed to you know... Magnagora that has nothing to gain by slaying the King and doing it anyway to spite? Anyway, you guys ran when defense showed up... as to numbers, if we had double your number, would we have left Angkrag full on to Mag to claim? Interesting logic you got there. At most, it was Maligorn and me online at the time.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    to @Elanorwen's credit, she and @Maligorn stuck around to fight @Shuyin and myself. 

I was surprised too, but she stuck around for it.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    to @Elanorwen's credit, she and @Maligorn stuck around to fight @Shuyin and myself. 

I was surprised too, but she stuck around for it.
    For the record, I also had absolutely nothing prepped for combat, having just flexed to warrior with a new spec. Will hopefully un-lazy and get something set up tonight... unless friends playing WoW suck me in again.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2014
    Arcanis said:
    Shuyin said:

Maybe it's been a while since Magnagora ever had to try at anything, but a nice clot of guards at the entrance would've stifled any most miner raids. :P

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nah, dfire would keep you safe while you walked through them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    But not necessarily on your way back out. With distort and magelock on the one entrance to keep it closed, you can only Dfire so long.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Only scrubs waste their dfire to get in.
  • First I mess up a tatoo because it seems you're not allowed to probe powerstones. Then halfway through the second attempt my computer throws a random bluescreen. This is going well >_<
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:
    First I mess up a tatoo because it seems you're not allowed to probe powerstones. Then halfway through the second attempt my computer throws a random bluescreen. This is going well >_<
    If you're trying to probe the powerstone you're wielding, it doesn't really matter. If it didn't have enough power to use for tattooing, you wouldn't have started the process. And if it doesn't, well... what would you do in that situation? Unwield it and stop the process?

Other than that, using itemlist powerstones tends to be a much easier way to sort through them all in one quick go.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Welcome to Serenwilde
    Maligorn said:
    Arcanis said:
    Shuyin said:

Maybe it's been a while since Magnagora ever had to try at anything, but a nice clot of guards at the entrance would've stifled any most miner raids. :P
    None....do you even know how to raid?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Selenity said:

So far as Guild Champion, I have....

• Participated in political discourse
    • Participated in guild matters/discussions
    • Taught novices
    • Written a ritual
    • Performed a ritual
    • Aaaand...

Kills by Selenity
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Kills      Victim                         Time               
    Player Kills: 0

... I don't think I'm doing this right.
    Unless you're Munsia, you're doing just fine. Teaching others and growing yourself > rampant combat.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited December 2014
    Shaddus said:
    So far as Guild Champion, I have....

• Participated in political discourse
    • Participated in guild matters/discussions
    • Taught novices
    • Written a ritual
    • Performed a ritual
    • Aaaand...

Kills by Selenity
    Kills      Victim                         Time               
    Player Kills: 0

... I don't think I'm doing this right.
    Unless you're Munsia, you're doing just fine. Teaching others and growing yourself > rampant combat.
    Not teaching novices how to be a badass < Munsy's teachings. There's a reason our novi's call me Boss 

Also this new age thought of 'Oh champions can just teach' is bullshit. The line is Protector - Security - Champion. Gotta fulfill the first two to do the last one. There's a help file on it. Game spells out hon.

and I qoute from 'Help Champion'

"The most glamorous office of the guild is that of Guild Champion--though
    it also happens to be the most dangerous. The Champion is charged with
    protecting guild members and is expected to be available to rescue them
    from life-threatening situations. Those attracted to this position
    generally do not have political ambitions, but are rather experts at one
    thing-the art of combat. The best of the best, it is not uncommon to have
    enemies of the guild run in fear when their Champion enters the scene."
  • Elanorwen said:
    Rialorm said:
    First I mess up a tatoo because it seems you're not allowed to probe powerstones. Then halfway through the second attempt my computer throws a random bluescreen. This is going well >_<
    If you're trying to probe the powerstone you're wielding, it doesn't really matter. If it didn't have enough power to use for tattooing, you wouldn't have started the process. And if it doesn't, well... what would you do in that situation? Unwield it and stop the process?

Other than that, using itemlist powerstones tends to be a much easier way to sort through them all in one quick go.
    Yeah, I realized afterwards it was pretty silly. Still my victim client was very nice about it all. I also don't use the awesomeness that is itemlist nearly enough.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited December 2014
    A big thank you to @Selenity, @Erebos, @Everiine, @Yvonari, @Azus, @Turnus, @Niina, @Lisaera and all those who don't participate often in the forums. The Ritual for Avurekhos becoming an Ascendant was a great, huge success, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the Serenwilder's who got involved. I'm so proud of everyone for sticking with it and buckling down. An event log should be up within a couple of days!
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    More non-enemies on RPWHO, please :( . Or I need to find a way to start non-killing interactions with enemies.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I did not design my forum photo but it's totally Jayden as an aquamancer
  • Does anyone know how  much of a potential impact Prestige has on charity influence? Large, small?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    How long does it take for design approval or rejection, typically?
This discussion has been closed.