Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    5329h, 6731m, 7037e, 10p, 22710en, 29654w Bexk-ii star
    You are wielding:
       lyre156170 : an ethereal cordate lyre of the Serenwilde in your left hand.
    You are holding:
    "star134689"                            a splintered star
    You are wearing:
    "ring116928"                            a star-etched sapphire ring (enchanted 
    with waterwalk)
    "star203222"                            a twinkling star suspended in starlight

Okay, cool... since it's first in my inventory, if I touch it, should be the curio, right?

5329h, 6731m, 7037e, 10p, 22706en, 29612w Bexk-touch star
    You reach out and touch a twinkling star suspended in starlight.
    Placing your hand upon a twinkling star suspended in starlight, you are briefly 
    surrounded by a mist of starlight.
    5329h, 6731m, 7037e, 10p, 22710en, 29626w Bexk-erm
    You look up into the air for divine inspiration.

... sorry for the random ping @Darvellan
  • Exceptional > Normal

Poison > 100000000000000000000000000 gold

Selenity said:
    Unrelated to the lack of virgins in Gaudiguch and Shaddus's leet Lusternia phone skills...

... I have an idea for a bardic (maybe an IG book?) that would likely take months to write, and an idea for an in game book that would require me to pour over it and math for about a month.

Why can't I have the simple ideas? :(
    So I just calculated how many pages that IG book would be, the second one, that's all mathy.

511 pages.

Volumes one through five ahoy?
  • Lavinya said:
    You quickly unwrap a glistening silver present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly store the poison dulak in your rift.
    You've unwrapped an EXCEPTIONAL present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

I clearly do not have the same definition of exceptional as Ironbeard.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Selenity said:
    Unrelated to the lack of virgins in Gaudiguch and Shaddus's leet Lusternia phone skills...

... I have an idea for a bardic (maybe an IG book?) that would likely take months to write, and an idea for an in game book that would require me to pour over it and math for about a month.

Why can't I have the simple ideas? :(
    I did one like that, that took almost three months of research, and then easily a month of manipulating spreadsheets and graphs, and writing little C programs to test out formulae. It did well, but even so... it so wasn't worth it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited December 2014
    EDIT: I am a snarky drunk. Drunk pk however I actually enjoy, probably because alcohol. Don't threaten to hunt novices! -shakefist-

• So go and kill the people who attack the novices? I always figured that was the simplest thing to do. If the domoth was over, then they don't really have a good excuse for killing them, aside from being 'butthurt'. Which is generally a widely accepted reason for you to go and stomp them later when they're about.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Butthurt, or you know, being there and still willing to fight. It's a combat game. Is it really that uncommon for people to kill stragglers after a domoth?
  • It's what I get for sticking around after the job is done, I shoulda known you losers would want revenge! :p
    Maybe it's just my paranoia, but I assume the second I go into enemy / off-prime territory I run the risk of being killed by anyone who wants to kill me for whatever reason they have. It maybe isn't the way things should be, but in my opinion, it's the way things are. It is better to assume there is no safety waiting for you in such areas than to assume that whenever you occupy the same space as an enemy / someone you participated in a conflict event with just moments ago.

Even when I went to speak alone with Eliron in a manse to discuss the events going on in game, I had an aura of rebounding up just in case he decided to flip his shit and kill me. And people told me he's a noncom!

Never assume as a player that the enemy is going to play fair or be friendly when it comes to combat. Never ever ever. If they are, don't assume they will do it again.
    No no, it's the non-demis who couldn't instantly ascend. The party did actually return moments -before- it was finished. But anyways, going back to edit that because it's 30mins from new years and I shouldn't be drunksternia-ing anymore! But the bigger complaint is the threat to hunt down all our novices because I essentially said 'not cool to come spitefully kill trapped non-demis'

Anyway. Happy new year past-dwellers! I'll see you in 2015 and I promise to be more sober then.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Happy New Years to you too :) May it be prosperous and full of good things
  • Rivius said:
    Butthurt, or you know, being there and still willing to fight. It's a combat game. Is it really that uncommon for people to kill stragglers after a domoth?
    Yeah I agree I was looking forward to further fighting but alias everyone ascended.  Good fun though.  Thanks everyone on both sides

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• edited December 2014

Y'all need to chill and just play.

And I guess it isn't just a game, it's also a business. And you can't very well go to Wal-Mart and punch kids in the face. 

• Digee said:

Y'all need to chill and just play.

And I guess it isn't just a game, it's also a business. And you can't very well go to Wal-Mart and punch kids in the face

Oh you can't?  That may explain some of the looks I get.  Guess that is what I have been doing wrong......

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I was gonna say that too, odd.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited December 2014
    Rivius said:
    Five minutes before the end of the domoth, I've let every non-demi know to follow someone up for a ride down (and someone is officially assigned to give rides at that time). Don't care about your newbs enough to do that simple thing? Don't go complaining when they get killed.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • And...here goes a flame war
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think the takeaway should be that @Rivius is jumping into the fray again. That's good to hear

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I used to kill people for no reason other than that they were in enemy territory/off-prime and from an enemy org.

Not sure people should be following that example though, I used to be a massive jerk. (Still am, but I'm more reasonable these days)
    Must not bite, must not bite, must not bite...

Svana said:
    I used to kill people for no reason other than that they were in enemy territory/off-prime and from an enemy org.

Not sure people should be following that example though, I used to be a massive jerk. (Still am, but I'm more reasonable these days)
    Thank you. Now I know who it is I've been protecting myself from all this time.

It's you, Svana. You who my character has never met. I am hiding from you.

<kidding> Now to go into a manse, never come out, vaguely insult you from afar, challenge you to a duel one on one, have people come to help me by saying I'm being attacked unprovoked, die to you, call you more insults, and return to my manse to hide. </kidding>
  • Selenity said:
    Svana said:
    I used to kill people for no reason other than that they were in enemy territory/off-prime and from an enemy org.

Thank you. Now I know who it is I've been protecting myself from all this time.

It's you, Svana. You who my character has never met. I am hiding from you.

<kidding> Now to go into a manse, never come out, vaguely insult you from afar, challenge you to a duel one on one, have people come to help me by saying I'm being attacked unprovoked, die to you, call you more insults, and return to my manse to hide. </kidding>
    The dolor del Norte ^^^^

• edited December 2014
    I'd hide from me too. Nothing is more scary than a washed-up retired ex-combatant who scrapped all her arties/skills and now does nothing but run around gathering poisons and selling them at rock bottom prices. :D

Edit -- Considering dropping the price on all my poisons from 100g per refill to 50g per refill, now that I have gloves + rune of unlocked potential (4 vials of poison per corpse), just to run every other poisonist out of business.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I honestly don't get what the deal is with people going to fight in domoths dying. It's like the claim that someone who went into a domoth to challenge an enemy team (I.e. you went against someone else's claim, not someone came to fight you during your claim) are non-coms. They're not, and no matter what level their 'might' is at, they will be considered enemy combatants after that point with all said consideration entails. I normally don't jump random people and rarely use the excuse of "ZOMG city enemy", but that doesn't mean that others don't or won't. Heck, people on the southern side have used that excuse quite often to do the same thing being complained about here. Kettle, Pot, black, etc... you won't change the mindset unless the rules are changed to disallow killing outside events.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    (You're not listening to the complaint it had nothing to do with that shh shh shh it's all over I'm chill goosfraba)

• Elanorwen said:
    I honestly don't get what the deal is with people going to fight in domoths dying. It's like the claim that someone who went into a domoth to challenge an enemy team (I.e. you went against someone else's claim, not someone came to fight you during your claim) are non-coms. They're not, and no matter what level their 'might' is at, they will be considered enemy combatants after that point with all said consideration entails. I normally don't jump random people and rarely use the excuse of "ZOMG city enemy", but that doesn't mean that others don't or won't. Heck, people on the southern side have used that excuse quite often to do the same thing being complained about here. Kettle, Pot, black, etc... you won't change the mindset unless the rules are changed to disallow killing outside events.

uhhhhmmmm....yeah right that's what was said.  Change the rules? 

I agree with the first part of your rant entirely.  You go to fight you need to be prepared to die, dust it off and go again.  Where did anyone suggest changing the rules?

This discussion has been closed.