Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Why did you pick up all that food? :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2015
    Lavinya said:
    We are not all uncivilised, uncouth savages with no self control. /forumrp
    My character agrees with this and adheres to it, most of the time. Would like to.
    The most accurate for her would not be civilized or uncivilized but more something like 'Curiosity killed the Alak'.
  • I'm just happy to be at the Knowledge event this year. This is super fun.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
    Slaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Need moar agree button!!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Can we keep the Solstice Crates forever and/or get different versions? Like a 25 version.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Uuken Exley, Butler of Erudio opens the door to the south.
    With a polite bow and murmur of farewell, Uuken Exley departs to the south.

Wait, denizens open doors? Is this new?

(Looks like I accidentally cleared those door perms. Might have something to do with it.)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Daraius said:
    Uuken Exley, Butler of Erudio opens the door to the south.
    With a polite bow and murmur of farewell, Uuken Exley departs to the south.

Wait, denizens open doors? Is this new?
    I know the lucidians in Arthar'rt sometimes go through the closed doors. So this is new to me.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    You know who doesn't open doors? The Dread Lord of Contagion.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Oh god the regret after making the purchases I've made today.
    After much time to analyse them, I feel that out of the crates, presents are the best, then dingbats, then goop, with coins last.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I wants goop, so my finky can have batwings.

Also, there are too many mothers in Serenwilde. Mother Selene, Mother Moon, Mother Moonhart. Can't decide which one to make my finky fixate on!

• Qistrel said:

Also, there are too many mothers in Serenwilde. Mother Selene, Mother Moon, Mother Moonhart. Can't decide which one to make my finky fixate on!
    Why choose?
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • Neos said:
    After much time to analyse them, I feel that out of the crates, presents are the best, then dingbats, then goop, with coins last.
    but you can trade goop arties in for dingbats...three times more than getting them directly
    edited January 2015
    Iari said:

Qistrel said:

Why choose?
    There can be only one!

Finks have a hive-like matriarchal society. Like kephera, but with less psychic and more violence. So I'm trying to find a 'matricarch' for Nikk to obssess over.

• Qistrel said:
    Iari said:

Qistrel said:

Why choose?
    There can be only one!
    I still say she should become matriarch of her own clan....just get ten fink manse dwellers
    Kazel said:
    Neos said:
    but you can trade goop arties in for dingbats...three times more than getting them directly
    This is the only way to currently gain goop outside of presents. I can at least get dingbats through Elite and such, so multiple sources mean I can make use of them quicker. Compared to goop which for me requires two crates worth before I can even buy something.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Woooo, taking novices hunting!
  • Can we have gnome and fink racehats please >.<
  • Why are trade skill artifacts priced so differently?

spatula5724: a magic spatula                                6     300cr
             spoon9185: a Silver Spoon                                 6     150cr
            quill14972: a glowing purple quill                         6     300cr
       paintbrush21994: a golden paintbrush                            6     400cr
           gloves34442: Gloves of Harvesting                           6     300cr
       pantograph34899: a delicate silver pantograph                   6     200cr
           mallet38158: a Mallet of Forging                            5     400cr
           gloves42335: Gloves of Mastery                              6     400cr
           ledger45605: a merchant's ledger                            6     350cr
           shears50228: a pair of diamond shears                       6     300cr
           gloves53390: a pair of black silk poisoner's gloves         6     400cr
           hammer56903: a silver jeweller's hammer                     6     500cr
           chisel75589: a magic chisel                                12     500cr
             seal88368: a master sketch seal                          50      15cr
       endowment162020: an Endowment of the Arts                      12    2000cr
             pot321761: a Pot of Keeping                              12     200cr
          needle359053: a silver tattooist's needle                    6     300cr
  • different level of usefulness
  • Would be pretty silly for a silver spoon to be priced the same as, say, gloves of harvesting.

Granted, some could stand a closer look. For instance, harvesting gloves and poisoner gloves.
  • I was super sad to find out that the spoon only boosts the fete bonus for myself, I am properly going to trade it in
  • Ssaliss said:
    Would be pretty silly for a silver spoon to be priced the same as, say, gloves of harvesting.

Granted, some could stand a closer look. For instance, harvesting gloves and poisoner gloves.
    The harvester gloves are actually pretty sweet
  • Yeah, they are. I've got a pair myself. What I meant was why the poisoner gloves cost 100 credits more than the harvester gloves, when they have a pretty much identical function (doubles your harvests).
  • Why jeweller hammer so espensive :(.

I'd think it on par with the concept of Gloves of Harvesting.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2015
    Ssaliss said:
    Yeah, they are. I've got a pair myself. What I meant was why the poisoner gloves cost 100 credits more than the harvester gloves, when they have a pretty much identical function (doubles your harvests).
    I'd think the poisoner's gloves should cost less, just given the slow return. While poison should typically have a better sell value as compared to a cache of herbs gathered over the same amount of time (except in the case of sparkleberry and earwort, probably), the number of players that need herbs > the number of players that need poisons.

Also: jeweler's hammer was more worth it when people weren't pooping out gem comms. Also, when selling standard vials was more of a thing. I'd still say it's -worth it- now, but maybe a little less so.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Yeah, they are. I've got a pair myself. What I meant was why the poisoner gloves cost 100 credits more than the harvester gloves, when they have a pretty much identical function (doubles your harvests).

Also: jeweler's hammer was more worth it when people weren't pooping out gem comms. Also, when selling standard vials was more of a thing. I'd still say it's -worth it- now, but maybe a little less so.

I remember days when selling powerstones meant something...
    Arcanis said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Ssaliss said:

I remember days when selling powerstones meant something...
    Right? And buying up Hartstone powerstones for totem carving (heck yes, 50gp!) would make me titter with excitement, because of those -boobs- buying them at the Aetherplex for 2500+.

Oh, how the times change.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I still do not comprehend the cheapness of powerstones.

edited January 2015
    Qistrel said:
    I still do not comprehend the cheapness of powerstones.
    Aether mines ruined commodities across the board. More gems (including powerstones) than people know what to do with leads to people just handing them out saying PLEASE, NO MORE. Since a lot of folks already have more gold than they could ever spend on things they'll actually use, it just keeps nosediving.

Reminds me vaguely of Aetolia's economy, where it's cheaper to buy most elixirs than it is to produce them simply because of outstanding supply bloat.

-

This discussion has been closed.