General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Business and tech fields are both riddled with that experience requirement nonsense. Like, no joke, hr wanting 5 years experience with office 2013 or other such ludicrousness. Remember reading a story about a software developer being turned down for a job because previous interviewees closing they had more experience with a suite he worked on developing and the interviewers believed it. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    For my own rant, some people in this city are really, really freaking disgusting. I saw a scene I did not want to see in the faculty bathroom. A scene so foul I threw up. No thank you. Hey, city, remember how you said I passed that one other test for a job? How about you call me for that one now? I do not want to risk ever seeing that again, best way to do that is to not work here, lalalala....
  • So on top of everything else, I now have someone crank calling me. A few times a day, different number each time. Life is really testing me right now.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    People have been doing that to my cell phone a few times a week. Usually stops for a month or so, then runs about a week again.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • And that's the phone call from my sister. I couldn't bring myself to watch the end. My dad is finally gone. He hung in there and fought for a while. I'm sorry for how emotional I've been and if I've been mean to anyone. Stuff is just really hard right now.
  • edited March 2017
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    It's frustrating when the only reason some of your students are failing is because they don't do the work and don't show up. It's even more frustrating when those students send you emails that insist their grade is somehow your fault. I can only grade what's in front of me. I can't give an A to a nonexistent assignment, or talk to an absent person.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • If I come off snappy at anyone over the next while, it's not personal. So please don't take it personal.

Without going into to much detail, divorce/child custody fights start tomorrow.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    delete RL allergies. thanks.

birch trees you're pretty but I hate you. Lots.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:

At least you know what you are allergic to, my doctor just can't figure out what it is for me :I
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Tirah said:
    Aeldra said:

At least you know what you are allergic to, my doctor just can't figure out what it is for me :I
    You talking pollen allergies or food allergies, @tirah? Pollen allergies should be testable, food allergies can be a lot harder. Mixing about what you eat and what you react to... also, a big contester is mold, as mold is really hard to detect via a test. I hope they find what's getting to you!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Tirah said:
    Aeldra said:

You talking pollen allergies or food allergies, @tirah? Pollen allergies should be testable, food allergies can be a lot harder. Mixing about what you eat and what you react to... also, a big contester is mold, as mold is really hard to detect via a test. I hope they find what's getting to you!
    Pollen, I think. It is only bad during spring and summer, but the standard pollen and common household test did not find anything.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I have one of those allergies that doesn't show up on allergy tests when it comes to some dogs. I am not allergic to most dogs, just black dogs, and only if they have fur like black labs do. All black labs quickly cause my sinuses to go berserk and my eyes to practically swell shut. Some dogs that are not black labs but have the same sort of short smooth black fur get me, too. Every doctor is completely at a loss when I ask what I could possibly be allergic to, because multiple allergy tests have shown that I do not have a dog allergy. But I definitely do? It makes no sense. Allergies, please.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm currently in a love/hate relationship with caffeine. I love it, it hates me.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2017
    I have a trip planned this weekend with two of my closest friends, which we planned over a month ago, that is supposed to be relaxing and a quickfix for all the stress I have been experiencing lately.

A ridiculous amount of work has piled up, with more rolling in, and my boss jokingly said I'd have to work a 120-hour week in order to finish it all in time. Unfortunately, he's right.

I'm dreading the likelihood that what is supposed to be a weekend for letting loose will be filled with stress as the work I'll be leaving unfinished gnaws ferociously at the back of my mind. Ugh.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Luce said:
    I'm currently in a love/hate relationship with caffeine. I love it, it hates me.
    Stumptown nitro cold brew and Black Blood of the Earth was the only thing that could get me through finals. Regular coffee usually makes me sleepy immediately otherwise.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Current income: $1600/month (currently on unemployment, job contract ended in the middle of stuff with my dad)

Average cost of room for rent (not an apartment, just a room) in my city, which I'm stuck living in until my father's estate is settled: $750-$1000+ plus utilities. Anything below that is riddled with roaches according to renter reviews and I'd really like to avoid that if possible. :/

Low-income state medical insurance so I can be stable enough to work [I need regular treatment for mental health (yall have seen how I am untreated, sorry again) + health issues (autoimmune thingy)]: $246/month + copays

Hospital + funeral expenses + paperwork + lawyers fees: $Youdon'twanttoknow

Food stamps I am eligible to receive each month: $16, so I guess I got that, at least.
  • Aeldra said:

I read bitch trees instead of birch trees, both probably work though.
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • I found out I'm allergic to cherry blossom pollen by moving to DC, the home of the Cherry Blossom Festival. Within 2 weeks my reaction was so bad that my throat had become so sore and inflamed that it was actively bleeding, and I couldn't work, speak, or eat. 

Good times.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Since the weekend I have been feeling what can only be described as "yucky." Very low energy, poor concentration, shaky, hot, fatigued. Feels like I have a fever but temperature is normal. It's annoying. 
  • I'm surrounded by people, but I'm still alone.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:
    I'm surrounded by people, but I'm still alone.
    :: Hugs! :: That is a terrible feeling I know too well. I'm sorry you're experiencing it.
  • My sleep issues keep cropping up the night before I work at 6am. Hello to what equals a power nap before working in a bakery for 8 and a half hours.