General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited April 2017
    Mild anxiety as I talk to my advisor about setting my thesis deadline and consider all the things I am juggling up in the air between then and now.

What's hilarious is the thing I'm most anxious about is "oh man I don't want her to think I'm a failure," haha, when really it should be like, I want my degree ASAP please and thank you goodbyyyyyye.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My SPCA is now requiring volunteers in the dog training program to use Facebook to receive updates and instructions. I made it this far free from Facebook in my life. I am deeply displeased.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited April 2017
    delete plz

• I want to do the Thing, because the Thing is awesome, but my brain is too tired to do the Thing. I hope my brain works better tomorrow.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    Daraius said:
    My SPCA is now requiring volunteers in the dog training program to use Facebook to receive updates and instructions. I made it this far free from Facebook in my life. I am deeply displeased.
    Facebook also apparently thinks I might know dozens and dozens of large-breasted black women with slutty profile pictures. 
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Daraius said:
    Facebook also apparently thinks I might know dozens and dozens of large-breasted black women with slutty profile pictures. 
    Location profiling :/

There used to be creepy sidebar ad pop ups (pre ad-blocker) fb had that used to have people 'staring' back at you in a supposed alluring manner to get you to join their dating sites based on your relationship status. I distinctly remember it changing the ethnicity of the person on me depending where I was. In DC/MD there's a very large African-American community, so it offered me such. When I went back to SoCal, it offered me white fratbros or conservative cardigan/button-down wearing types. It only ended for me once I changed my relationship status and ad blocker came out.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I spend most of my day having conversations with people in my head in anticipation of actually having the conversation later. However, it's now getting more frequent that I remember those head-convos as actual convos, and it confuses the hell out of me when someone doesn't know what I'm talking about. It also means I -think- I let people know stuff or -think- I've asked them to do something / answered something they've asked, and it never happened, and it's getting in the way of things.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Trying to just enjoy my break and eat but this insufferable, egotistical, know-it-all guy won't stop talking to me about cars and global warming and how everybody is stupid except him because he's well read and likes to point out the flaws in anything. 
  • edited April 2017

Everiine said:
    I spend most of my day having conversations with people in my head in anticipation of actually having the conversation later. However, it's now getting more frequent that I remember those head-convos as actual convos, and it confuses the hell out of me when someone doesn't know what I'm talking about. It also means I -think- I let people know stuff or -think- I've asked them to do something / answered something they've asked, and it never happened, and it's getting in the way of things.
    OMG This is a thing I do. You are not alone holy crap. Ongoing inner dialogue, while sometimes helpful, can also be a huge pain in the ass
  • I miss my appendix
  • Feeling like shit lately, fighting the urge to retire.

Unlikely that I will, but damn if there aren't things making it hard to resist that urge.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • edited April 2017
    Bomb threat at work. So we have to clear out the building for like three hours right in the middle of the day while the police go about their thing. Right during the start of tax year end. So stuck outside in the cold for ages/behind on work during one of the most busy times of year le sigh. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Veyils - Glad that you're safe though, better to have your job interrupted and be safe from a potential threat.

---

As for my rant, it's spring break so all the students and professors are supposed to be home. One of the professors in my office decided to come in around lunch. Instantly complained about the lack of paper, about the fact I didn't make one of the tables look nice like I usually do, about the fact I didn't have the supplies she needed ready, etc. She's not normally like this, but without anyone else here... ehhh.

I just wish she'd go home. I can't even do my run for paper with her here, because the last time I did get paper, she took two whole reams in her office for herself and then complained when I had locked the other reams away in my boss's office...

Please, just go home, be unhappy away from me. ._. There is no reason to make me miserable too, I don't even get this week off, shoo, please...
  • The fact that every time an IT-project is about to bust time/budget constraints (and I have yet to experience one that doesn't do this), management thinks that overboarding timekeeping is going to solve their problems.

It doesn't help that I spend most of my time with organisation and coordination but have to put that time onto specific userstories/dev objects. I am now wasting a perfectly good morning, pouring over what I did last week, dividing that by the number of userstories in the current iteration and adding my work-time accordingly. Not that that will help controlling in any way. But since I was specifically asked to do this....

*could really use a can of popcorn here*
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Everiine said:
    In my experience, this is extremely common and it'd do everyone a lot of good to acknowledge it rather than pretending otherwise.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Vivet said:
    Everiine said:
    In my experience, this is extremely common and it'd do everyone a lot of good to acknowledge it rather than pretending otherwise.
    Unfortunately, I can only say, "I thought I told you that..." so many times before people get fed up with it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Boo to having a stupid way to work our epic queue so I got screwed out of it. No point rejoining queue. There's no way I'm going to be able to do it in the forseeable future. Lost out to someone inactive when I joined queue. -_-
    Tamsin said:
    Boo to having a stupid way to work our epic queue so I got screwed out of it. No point rejoining queue. There's no way I'm going to be able to do it in the forseeable future. Lost out to someone inactive when I joined queue. -_-
    :( That bites. Sorry that you missed out on the epic queue.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Still feeling very weird and sick. It's mostly for the first few hours after I get out of bed. Always shaky and weak and hot. I don't get it and I don't like it. 
    edited April 2017
    Luce said:
    Who's the genius who decided that Windows should auto-update/restart itself and that the user should never get a chance to say no? Because he needs to be given a stern introduction to basic user courtesy.
    QFT.

The best part is when your Lenovo decides it doesn't want to boot up again after Windows forces a restart.
    I used to make cakes.

• Luce said:
    Who's the genius who decided that Windows should auto-update/restart itself and that the user should never get a chance to say no? Because he needs to be given a stern introduction to basic user courtesy.
    Yeah, that's my only real complaint about Windows 10. There's workarounds, but they don't help -that- much and they're a lot of effort for minimal output.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Also only available for Pro users or purple who only sleep two hours a night
    All this talk of evil Windows 10 upgrades reminds me of this old meme...

• Well, didn't get the job. Back to job hunting so I still have a job come fall. Contract work is stressful.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2017
    Tamsin said:
    Luce said:
    Yeah, that's my only real complaint about Windows 10. There's workarounds, but they don't help -that- much and they're a lot of effort for minimal output.
    The one I use isn't that much effort; I just go to the Task Scheduler and change the time to something in the future when I will be sleeping (note: I can only do this if I'm at my computer when it gives the 15 minute warning). (Additional note, you can't delete the task or it will just autorecreate itself with a new 15 minute window!  Change the existing one, I've even set it to wait until the next day and it works just fine)

I'd far prefer to be able to turn the automatic option off entirely in favour of manual scheduling (who likes having their programs forceclosed on them, anyways), and the "active hours" window "workaround" they provide is too short (come on, people like to use their home computers in the morning and the evening, and most of us don't sleep for 12 hours), but that's the easiest option I've found to keep it from booting you when you're actively working on it.
  • Management gave me super vague instructions to do Thing (also vague) that included phrases like "create a task force" and "get me a forum to solve for X."

Upon asking wtf do they mean by "task force" and "get me a forum," the answer I received left me feeling very....

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    My sisters decided they're going to meet up today, with their kids. I can't take off from work, but even if I could, I'm not invited. My sisters will be meeting with their families at a restaurant near my house; one of them came down from Buffalo for this hush hush meet. I hadn't even been told by the three sisters meeting that they were going to, and none of them have been in any meaningful contact with me.

My birthday is on Monday. And no, they aren't meeting because it's Easter either.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Business is picking up, so my job is hiring people from the temp service to fill slots at work. The latest guy is a hard worker, but isn't used to working the hours we work, 10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. Last night I found him in his work area, tweaking out on what (hopefully) seemed to be an overdose of energy drinks.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.