What are you watching?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2014
    At this very moment I'm watching a documentary on 3D printing. 8->

Update: Print The Legend, pretty cool. Not so much about 3D printing as it is about power and money and the way they affect people.

On another note entirely, I really want to see Jodorowsky's Dune! But I don't want to pay for it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Haezon said:
    Akira wasnt that great
    Get out
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • My favorite meta thing about ghost in the shell, is that the movies were made 10 years apart. (1995 and 2004)  

The first movie takes place in 2029 and uses pay phones, and dial up modems for some intense internet and people hacking.
    The second movie takes place in 2032 and uses wifi.
  • Daganev said:
    My favorite meta thing about ghost in the shell, is that the movies were made 10 years apart. (1995 and 2004)  

The first movie takes place in 2029 and uses pay phones, and dial up modems for some intense internet and people hacking.
    The second movie takes place in 2032 and uses wifi.
    For me I just love how these films and others like it helped dispel the popular misconceptions that anime was just for kids and hipsters. Yeah, that's right, you see this anime? IT HAS TORRENTS OF BLOOD AND PEOPLE EXPLODING, not for kids!
    Retired.
  • Never seen the movies, just Stand Alone Complex. Ghost in the Shell is good, but not currently on my list to rewatch, hence the lack of mentions. I've heard of Akira but not yet seen it. That probably ought to go on there.

Few others I've seen and think highly of:
    Kekkaishi
    Escaflowne (spelling?)
    Princess Mononoke (basically the only Ghibli film I actually like. I prefer my anime hella shonen)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Shaman King
  • The TV series of Ghost in the Shell I think was only good for the nostalgia value of seeing the characters from the Movie in more mundane settings.  Sort of like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • I'm not watching this cause I'm not in the US, but I'm going to guess that many people here never got to see this show, but would really enjoy it.

Or outside of the US

• I've been in love with Brooklyn 99, American Horror Story, and The Walking Dead.

🌈💕✨💖

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Asatir said:
    Shaman King
    DO NOT WATCH THE SHAMAN KING ANIME, unless it's the original undubbed version. Even then, I'd suggest you just try and read the original manga. The americanized version defecated all over the true awesome of Shaman King.
    Daganev said:
    Sort of like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    I'd write a full post explaining why I love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I'm tired, so I won't, but I do. Made even more so because I'm loving what Marvel is doing with their cinematic universe.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    The new episode of Korra is out today.

And freaking hilarious.
  • Finally hit season 4 of Once Upon a Time! Eee. Whatever you may say about Once's definition of continuity and constant plot-resetting, they always ace their casting. Always.

And yet - if I might reiterate my stance on Once Upon A Time - they cast a human as Robin Hood. [-(
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    And yet - if I might reiterate my stance on Once Upon A Time - they cast a human as Robin Hood. [-(
    Just because there is one disney remake of the story that casts him as a non-human doesn't mean we can have animals just walking around Storybrooke. Surely Snow wouldn't allow such a thing.
    Just saw X-Men: DoFP finally. I wish it could have just been Peter Dinklage and Evan Peters' movie instead of yet another Hugh Jackman musclefest, but I didn't hate it. Quicksilver really stole the show though for the ten minutes he got on screen. :)

Every now and then I like to watch The Fall just to make sure I still love it. I'm pleased to report that I still love it. Those who trust my impeccable taste should also watch it and love it. :x 
    I used to make cakes.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, Quicksilver seemed really, really powerful. I shall never laugh at speedsters again.

Why did they leave him behind?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I maintain to this day that Michael Keaton was the best Batman.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2014
    Zyphora said:
    Was re-watching Tim Burton's Batman (1989) last night.

A little bit of my childhood died. Such bad dialogue/acting.

"Shoot to kill... if you know what I mean."

What other meaning could that have?!

Not to mention the Jack Nicholson & Co. dance number set to Prince...
    It didn't make it to IMDB who says that line? I'm assuming it was the joker, but I feel like it was penguin before sending in his goons to attack gothams' tree lighting ceremony, but that was the second movie. :P
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    It was just some unimportant crooked cop who said it; that's probably why. But it happened.

Watched Labyrinth! The claims made about David Bowie's legendary crotch bulge are not exaggerations.

• I'm enjoying Gotham on a whole new level with the news out of the US recently.
  • Re-watching Blackadder.

Claaasic! 
    is dead like the dodo
  • I've watched Dark Knight Rises twice in a row this week. Good stuff.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
    Rialorm said:
    I recently saw Guardians of the Galaxy, the Lego Movie and Scott Pilgrim Versus The World. I feel I've racked up so many nerd points. Also the awesome song is stuck in my head o.o
    We're friends now.
    I used to make cakes.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Is The Flash any good?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've heard good things from my comic loving friends.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Tarkenton said:
    I've heard good things from my comic loving friends.
    But the Marvel lover within me rebels~
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Is The Flash any good?
    If you like the Arrow its good, if you don't it's not.  Its much more comic booky than the Arrow is though.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    This episode currently on for Once Upon a Time legit had me worrying about @Darvellan. The Hook == Darvellan mindlink is real.
    At this very moment: Nick Offerman's stand-up show on Netflix.
    I used to make cakes.