What are you watching?

Comments

• I just watched the very first episode of Last Man on Earth last night :D I'm looking soo forward to this series.

Also been watching Agent Carter, Roseanne (Netflix has 50 episodes :x ), Bomb Girls and Call the Midwife.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2015
    Waiting (patiently, for now) on the eventual second season of Attack on Titan. In the meantime, it's Parasyte for me - equal parts gruesome body horror, awkward humor and "What the actual fuck?"

Pleasing.

Edit: Oh right, @Maellio pinged this on the last page. +1 recommendation from me, then!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Pectus said:

I just watched the very first episode of Last Man on Earth last night :D I'm looking soo forward to this series.

Also been watching Agent Carter, Roseanne (Netflix has 50 episodes :x ), Bomb Girls and Call the Midwife.

Is this Y the Last Man? Or something else?

• Qistrel said:

Pectus said:

I just watched the very first episode of Last Man on Earth last night :D I'm looking soo forward to this series.

I think it's more based off Omega Man + Generic End of the World Bullshit kinda stuff.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Pectus said:

Qistrel said:

Pectus said:

I think it's more based off Omega Man + Generic End of the World Bullshit kinda stuff.
    Aww. I totally want a Y the Last Man series.

• Backstrom is turning out to be pretty great. I love Rainn Wilson. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Second series of The Musketeers.

The costumes! The swashbuckling! The twirly mustaches!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Danger 5 is what I imagine being drunk is like. But is it misogynistic? I guess if I have to ask, the answer is yes. :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm watching a Blackhawks hockey game :D .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • So I started watching The Walking Dead. I was not expecting it to be as good as it is, and recommend it.

Vague:
    I'm particularly impressed by the way the threat has evolved from monsters, to specific people, to specific groups, to all people not in the main group. This setting could easily get stale, but hasn't yet. Also I appreciated the comparatively quick and total destruction of the cannibals (still scarred from The Road tyvm) but...

Specific:
    That scarlet letter is bugging me, because it's very obviously supposed to be a scarlet letter, but it's also the hippie cannibal signature, so what's up? Also, I'm getting pretty worried that Darryl won't make it through the season.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, do watch Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart, which is a weird, cool, beautiful, and worthwhile piece of art. Not sure how long that link will work, but it's to a good quality English version.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • If you like murder mysteries, I recommend Midsomer Murders. Feature-length episodes that will keep you guessing most of the time, with juust enough dry sarcasm and humor to keep t hings lively
  • The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt turned out to be amazing! I kinda..Just marathoned all of it in one night. Netflix knows how to do original shows, like damn.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm waiting on my coworker to finish the office while we're working before starting Kimmy. Which makes me sad because I wants to watch it bad.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Steven Universe and Gravity Falls finally hit the front of the line-up for my "Watch This" list. I've not started GF yet, but SU is really well-written and has amasing characters. It may seem a little silly when you first start, but it gets deep.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Steven Universe is so good.

I thought there were maybe a few too many episodes revolving around Amethyst and Pearl not getting along because one is neat and one is messy. But then there's a little more to it than we thought. :)
    I used to make cakes.

• edited March 2015
    Tremula said:

Steven Universe and Gravity Falls finally hit the front of the line-up for my "Watch This" list. I've not started GF yet, but SU is really well-written and has amasing characters. It may seem a little silly when you first start, but it gets deep.

Steve Universe is produced and directed by the same person who was the storyboard artist for Adventure time with Finn and Jake. It's been said that she was responsible for some of the best episodes of adventure time.

I adore Steve Universe! I'm utterly in love with the art, especially the lush backgrounds.

P.s does anyone spot the Mahou shojo influence in steven universe? 
    is dead like the dodo
    edited April 2015
    I know there are a few Steven Universe fans here already, but I think everyone should believe in Steven. This is a pretty good breakdown of what makes it so great. It's longer than an episode of the show, but if you don't find the visuals and analysis compelling enough to immediately hunt down and consume the entire first season then I just don't know what's wrong with you.

As she mentions, the video is a little spoilery, but for the most part I think the brief scenes shown are more intriguing than revealing. HOWEVER, when she starts talking about the different kinds of love around the 12-minute mark, close your eyes and don't open them until she says "bittersweet."

I used to make cakes.

• 1979 made hip again.

Want a smart and funny horror movie that's not as pretentious as Cabin in the Woods? Housebound, available on Netflix.
    I used to make cakes.

• I am watching Moonlight. Why do I always fall in love with the series that get cancelled after one season :(
    Just saw Ex Machina. It's everything I wanted in an AI movie. I almost feel like it was made to appeal to my exact tastes.
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    I know there are a few Steven Universe fans here already, but I think everyone should believe in Steven. This is a pretty good breakdown of what makes it so great. It's longer than an episode of the show, but if you don't find the visuals and analysis compelling enough to immediately hunt down and consume the entire first season then I just don't know what's wrong with you.

As she mentions, the video is a little spoilery, but for the most part I think the brief scenes shown are more intriguing than revealing. HOWEVER, when she starts talking about the different kinds of love around the 12-minute mark, close your eyes and don't open them until she says "bittersweet."

Why can I not both 'Like' and 'Agree' with something? SU is AMAZING!
  • Don't mean to be a grouch but I think I liked Steven Universe best during the early episodes when they were fighting Gem Monsters and such. I've tried to watch several of the newer episodes because it's my gf's favorite show, but I mostly just think they're ok.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Don't feel bad. I've been told I'm broken on the inside because I just can't for the life of me like Adventure Time.
  • I just discovered that there is a Puss in Boots original series for Netflix, revolving around the character from the Shrek movies.  I think this is what humankind developed civilization for.
    Alendel said:
    Don't mean to be a grouch but I think I liked Steven Universe best during the early episodes when they were fighting Gem Monsters and such. I've tried to watch several of the newer episodes because it's my gf's favorite show, but I mostly just think they're ok.
    I really like the monster-of-the-week eps too, but there's a slow drip of world building and character development that really rewards watching the episodes in order. In fact, those monsters they fought are supposed to have been gems at one time too, so I'm sure we'll be learning more about what happens to them in the coming season. :x

Tarkenton said:
    Don't feel bad. I've been told I'm broken on the inside because I just can't for the life of me like Adventure Time.
    I was a devotee of Adventure Time for a good long while, but in the last few seasons it's been too random for me. I like world building and character development (see above) and when AT focuses on its character and story arcs, it can be amazing. Other times you get an episode about a D-list character or a total acid trip episode that may or may not figure into the larger mythology or ongoing story. Could be that I'm just not paying close enough attention.
    I used to make cakes.

edited May 2015
    P.S. I'm halfway through Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet on Netflix. Love that it presents itself as a mech action anime and then has very little mech action in most episodes. I'm totally okay with spectacle taking a back seat to story. Hate every instance of gratuitous fan service. I am not interested in glistening boobs or sun-kissed ass cheeks. Show me more wide shots of the cool floating city.
    I used to make cakes.