What are you watching?

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Project Runway is back and in full swing!*

*The judges have no idea what they are doing this season if this episode is any indication, though. O_O
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    At the behest of @Sylandra, My Love from the Star. In fact I'm doing this right now instead of doing the Collective's bidding because event chaos frustrates me. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • @Ixion and I are finishing up the Gokusen live action drama and will hopefully be starting Avatar: the Last Airbender soon. I've seen A:tLA already but he hasn't.
  • This thread was a whole lot cooler when I thought it was titled "What are you wearing?"...

• Recently finished watching the first five seasons of Archer and all the available Sherlock. Why did no one tell me to watch these shows before.

Beyond that, I stopped my slow trawl through Classic Doctor Who to watch Full Metal Alchemist (the first series). Pretty good, better than I remembered it, even, though some of the VA is spotty. And I'm not yet to where it goes off the rails, so... we'll see how I feel then.

And oh yes, Doctor Who. I've not yet seen any Capaldi stuff, so I need to get to that, but mostly I've been working my way through everything available from the very beginning. There are some good stories during the Hartnell era, but I am absolutely in love with Troughton. Even stories I think I won't like end up being enjoyable because he's so great. Though the companions help, too. Jamie's the best, and I'm so used to Ben and Polly now I'll be sad when they leave once I finish the Faceless Ones. Not since Vicki left will I be so sad at the loss of a companion. Unfortunately, most of the episodes are reconstructions with still telephotos played to the voice track, but... still worth it.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    edited August 2015
    I've still never found an anime I love as dearly as FMA. :x I especially love Shao Tucker's arc, and the one where Al questions his memories, both of which are severely (and necessarily) shaved down in Brotherhood. Brotherhood is great too, but May Chang can diaf.
    I used to make cakes.

• Marathonned the 12 episodes of Madoka Magica the other day, still need to watch the movie(s) at some point.
    edited August 2015
    Daraius said:
    At the behest of @Sylandra, My Love from the Star. In fact I'm doing this right now instead of doing the Collective's bidding because event chaos frustrates me. 
    This show is so good it is literally ruining lives in China. (Eat your chicken and drink your beer responsibly.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    Just saw Ex Machina. It's everything I wanted in an AI movie. I almost feel like it was made to appeal to my exact tastes.
    DAT ENDING THO
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Ried said:
    @Ixion and I are finishing up the Gokusen live action drama and will hopefully be starting Avatar: the Last Airbender soon. I've seen A:tLA already but he hasn't.
    Please say it's the cartoon and not that awful movie.
  • Theic said:
    Ried said:
    @Ixion and I are finishing up the Gokusen live action drama and will hopefully be starting Avatar: the Last Airbender soon. I've seen A:tLA already but he hasn't.
    Please say it's the cartoon and not that awful movie.
    I'm sorry, but there exist people who actually acknowledge that a movie was ever made?
    Just a few episodes in but Silver Spoon has me charmed. It's really cute and surprising, not because there's crazy supernatural shit happening in an otherwise ordinary school environment... But because there's not any crazy supernatural shit at all. Just the regular kind, from chickens and cows. ;))
    I used to make cakes.

• edited August 2015
    Incidentally, Silver Spoon was written by the same mangaka who wrote FMA.

Lerad said:

Incidentally, Silver Spoon was written by the same mangaka who wrote FMA.

This is both mind blowing and unsurprising to me. But what's more astonishing to me is that I'm halfway through the series already and I'm just so in love. I never would have guessed I needed a story in my life about kids in agriculture school. A little worried Hachiken will end up eating Vice Prez, but I'm sure everyone will learn a lesson from it if it comes to that. :((
    I used to make cakes.

edited August 2015
    Finishing up the K-drama "Heartstrings," which is not, as I had hoped, the answer to my prayers of the "You are Beautiful" snubbed second male lead finding happiness (Team Shin Woo!) but rather, the tale of an angsty art school and the angsty people within. At least Park Shin-Hye plays a female lead with a spine this time. And at least Jung Yong-Hwa is constantly on screen for reasons that are relevant to my interests.

Hey boo.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Y'know, Labyrinth isn't as good as I remember it being...
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I just watched this.

What the...  It is insane and yet I couldn't stop watching.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I just finished Sens8 on Netflix, and It was super good.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Damn, Empire is super watchable. Get your Hulu on and catch up on season 1, guys. It's the King Lear hip hop soap opera I didn't know I needed.
    Daraius said:
    The Martian! Go see it y'all. I'm willing to testify that the hype is well deserved. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    The Martian! Go see it y'all. I'm willing to testify that the hype is well deserved. :D
    I was disappointed, not because it was bad, but because I was expecting an Interstellar level of mind-blowing awesomeness.
    What the actual hell is happening on AHS: Hotel. Like. What.
    Daraius said:
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    AHS becomes less sensical (and probably more grotesque and bizarre) every season. Still, I can't help but watch it! Season one is still the best though.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    I loved the twist in Murder House. It was surprising but also made sense, something that gets rarer and rarer each season. Asylum I think had me the most emotionally invested, though. I felt pure, visceral terror and hopelessness that season, and I really rooted for the protagonists.

Coven started strong then flopped for me. :( Freak Show did the same. I... don't even know what to make of AHS: Hotel, though. Se7en meets The Shining?
    Daraius said:
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Saw Black Mass on Tuesday, and found it... meh. Not as exciting as I thought it would be, and found it a bit predictable. Neat seeing old Deppy in such a cold role, though, even if he does look weird with blue eyes.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Netflix recommended The One I Love for me, and I suppose I'm going to recommend The One I Love for everyone else. I don't know how to classify it, but if you like stories about relationships that may or may not have paranormal or supernatural components, check it out.
    I used to make cakes.

So. I started watching Reign.

I don't think I can recommend it to anyone who cares even 1% about the historical accuracy of Mary Queen of Scots? The fashion and music choices feel like something out of Gossip Girl. Also sometimes they make up fictional historical figures for the sake of drama (I c u Bash).

But it's weirdly soapy and addicting? Someone help me, this is a trap.
    Daraius said:
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited October 2015
    Just saw The Last Witch Hunter. 10/10 would watch again. Vin Diesel was awesome as usual.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015
    Sylandra said:
    I loved the twist in Murder House. It was surprising but also made sense, something that gets rarer and rarer each season. Asylum I think had me the most emotionally invested, though. I felt pure, visceral terror and hopelessness that season, and I really rooted for the protagonists.

Coven started strong then flopped for me. :( Freak Show did the same. I... don't even know what to make of AHS: Hotel, though. Se7en meets The Shining?
    I loved Coven. 

I have an inexplicable affinity for bitchy, evil female leads
    Coven had the best cast and pilot ep, I will totally give you that.
    Daraius said: