Demigod power ideas.

A disclaimer ahead of things: This thread is purely for player input, ideas and thoughts that may or may not be used in future. There is no timeline to address demigod powers in the overhaul, nor any plans to do so.

This is no different than the artifact ideas thread, there is no guarantee your ideas will be used, and if they are, when they are implemented.

That all said, with the removal of stat related demigod powers, there is a considerable gulf in the weight of many players. Whether that be filled by existing powers or new suggestions that offer character customisation or flavour for different gameplay options or roleplay scenarios. I would welcome all suggestions, especially if people wish to add additional suggestions regarding weight, essence cost and, where necessary, activation and upkeep costs.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Comments

• Maybe 1/10 or so abilities for whichever damage buff/resistance you'd like, along with 1/10s or so to mana/hp/ego? It'd be weighted so you couldn't pick ALL of them.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The dessicate power would be much more desirable if it allowed the removal of items in room, a la report 973. As it stands, it's not worth allocating weight on. 
  • In general, as someone who doesn't like to spend essence and hoard it, I would much prefer very low (or free) essence cost powers. To balance, I would be happy with either higher weight or a decent power cost to use said demipowers.

In that idea - Perhaps a low cost power (500K essence?, 2 weight?) that allows you removes the essence buy cost completely, but doubles the weight, of powers?

Would this be a place to suggest damage tuning?  Being able to tune my weapon to any damage type, 100%, would be nice.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2015
    Current race as a typecast option!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Attunement - 5-10 million essence. You attune yourself to a seal on Mt. Avechna and gain that karma buff for the next year. After that year is up, you lose the power and must re-invest. I think this should have a low weight cost and not be limited to the amount of times you can take attunement in a year. This would provide useful benefits that are already balanced within the game while also giving people incentive to continue to gain and spend their essence after they have already purchased most skills.
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
    The purely aesthetic powers should probably cost a bit more but have less weight, yes. 

Boosts equivalent to the old stats would be useful, as they've all been migrated to the new paradigms. As long as they're still capped out, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Of course, this means speed boosts, which will eat up a portion of absolutely everyone's weight, being mandatory. 
  • Personally speaking, I'm very much against generic buffs on the /10 scale, for various reasons.

Demigod powers have varied uses, both flavour and mechanical, that are at times situational, but more interesting than another round of statistic additions.
    Some suggestions

-Demigod power to unlock fifth tier racial power (not at ascendant level weight either, though it can be kind of costly in essence)

-Cheap demi power that temporarily makes one player under level 80 not have to eat or sleep.

-Power that gives you a private ASCEND room (mini area) in the havens.

-Cheap Power that makes ASCEND TO THE HAVENS faster/instant if you're not masochistic

-Weaker version of divine fire (divine spark) that 'scares' one hostile, non-smob npc. Works just like the music npc pacification ability.

-Demigod illusion ability. Works like Improved Illusion, only when non-masochistic. MOAR RPZ.

-Artifact recalling demipower.

-General item recalling demipower, letting you mark a non-quest item and summon it back to you/see where it is. 

-Demigod Encipher skill (like the Rituals skill). 

-Extra language slots

-Temporary mount power, use it to generate a phantasmal steed with basic beastmastery abilities and one extra power chosen when you cast it. Lasts for a while unless killed or dismissed, can be beastmastered to gain a further power. Obviously doesn't work if you have a beast already out. Alternately, give a choice of 2-3 different steeds and don't give the extra power choice. 

- Power that lets you sacrifice some vitals buffs in exchange for different vitals buffs. Kind of like how expand/shrink let you exchange dex for strength and vicea versa. Conversion not equal, you can sacrifice 2:1 or something. 

• An upgraded version of weatherproof. It just doesn't feel strong enough when walking through some areas.

A power that makes scaling mountains and/or diving below water slightly faster.

A power that reduces forced terrain movement (Elemental planes, etc...) by a percentage, like the tattoos.

A power that reduces the equilibrium loss of transversing between planes.

A power that makes the Selfishness skill permanent and passive (can still give items by GIVE whatever TO whomever CONFIRM)

A power that gives enchanted items a chance to retain their enchantment when used (Like the tattoo)

I'm really just rambling at this point, but these are all I could think of and a few of them are extremely far fetched.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
    edited December 2015
    Feedback on demipowers in general:

-Choice enter, look, teleport, shout, typecast, and sparkler should cost either 1 or 0 weight, preferably 0. Make them cost a bit more (~1mil). 

-Choice zap should cost less weight, 2-3. 

-The custom powers can stay somewhat weighty, I assume they have that much weight to cut down on administrative time, though glancing over submissions for choice stuff can't take long.

-Masquerade shouldn't have an upkeep cost.  

EDIT:
    Why doesn't anchor work on aetherbubbles? 

-And yeah. Weatherproof should just cost less weight/essence and stay the same. 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Extra 20% power reserves a la the tattoo.

Extra movement resistance.

Extra celerity.

• +1 movement speed. Yasssss
    Cheap power that makes you always show up on CT/GT.

Power that lets you do a Super GT/CT command that shows people on all planes

edited December 2015
    DivineBeast and BeastAura should be combined.

+Demigod power that makes setting up colossi/beacons faster, and makes your focus construct stronger.

Power that you buy to use essence to skillflex/classflex instead of credits. Possibly make it zero weight and low essence cost, with the cost loaded onto activating it for skillflexing. Or make it a one off power you buy when you want to skillflex, that is consumed on purchasing (setting it back to unpurchased/ephemeral once bought). 

Cheap power that dramatically increases your capacity to hold esteem. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2015
    1) How about demigod versions of common enchantments? Like ignite, waterbreathe, waterwalk, levitate etc, that cost a small amount of essence to put up each time?

2) A power to link essence to people
  • edited December 2015
    I got a perfect one

CONGLUTINATION

The skill of conglutination allows a demigod(dess) who has died on a non-prime
    plane to reform at the nexus to which (s)he is tied. If you conglutinate,
    you will lose an amount of essence depending on how many planes away you are from prime.

Cityless people would go to the PoF (since if you teleport nexus without an org you go to the Portal)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The ability to marry someone you normally can't marry.

Specifically @Lothringen.

It's not for me, though. IJS.
  • Ability to see through laurels and read someone's full honours.
    Or at least partial honors, like quest honors. 

Also, can demigods just be given the power to GUILD SCORE other demigods, if it would otherwise go through? Why can't demigods fathom the strength of other demigods?
  • And a demi power to block demi power to see honors, right?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Eritheyl said:
    Custom look/enter messages. I don't care how many tens of thousands of millions these should cost, I want them.

This. Custom all the things.
    Also: Temp version of kiwipunch (critical boost) one hour an irl day. Maybe you can buy the power, and then pay a small essence fee to activate it. First time a day is free, following uses cost more.
    Areafeel: for a long equilibrium cost, check the area and find out how many rooms you haven't been in/how many mobs are around.
    Minor Aegis: one person in the same room as you gains 1/8 damage resistance to all. Increases as their health gets low, topping out at 4/8 maximum.
    Essence Stopgap: toggles on and off, works like Psymet Bloodboil, damage split between ego and mana.
    Personal Demigod Ambiances: custom or premade Ambiances that fire once an hour.
    Stone of Malkuth: Activate for 100% Summon resistance unless mutual ally. Gives 2/5 Balance/Equi malus for duration.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Demigod power that allows you to Sacrifice for someone, like the skill in Stag.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • For 10 demi-weight:
    Ability to give one target a refreshing shield (pops up every 10s) for a constant essence drain while it is active. Target must be below level 80.
    Ability to heal everyone in your squad instead of yourself when your regen ticks for a constant essence drain, and in return for not getting any regeneration yourself. Only those below level 80 will benefit.
    Ability to halve all damage taken by one target at the cost of taking the full damage yourself, and a constant essence drain while active. Target must be below level 80.

For 50 demi-weight: versions of the above that can be used for those above level 80.

edited December 2015
    You're welcome to it. Have fun with your -5/10 malus to give a +1/8 h/m/e boost (only, no other effect) to one guy, who kills you if you die. Maximum fun.
    Enyalida said:
    You're welcome to it. Have fun with your -5/10 malus to give a +1/8 h/m/e boost (only, no other effect) to one guy, who kills you if you die. Maximum fun.
    Hrm, that's severely weakened. I can remember sacrificing for newbies just to get them their moonchilde aura early.

Even before the overhaul, that was basically all the for person version was useful for, honestly. That and Justice Seal shenanigans to give people ego buffers. I haven't tested it in a while, but it's still really bad news. The area version is good though, you can't have that as a demipower :p
  • edited December 2015
    @Baelor:  More Custom or Choice flavor would be my addition, each demigod is unique and therefore should likely not have the same static enter/leave message as the others. I think the transformation of a demigod should come with a lot of custom perks. I would like more CHOICE messages, and lowering the price of that, while keeping CUSTOM look/teleport/enterleave around the same, but with lower weight.

Other ideas:

Lower the Cost of Second Tradeskill: I don't think it is as important as getting veneration, which is the same price. It's kind of lame, but debatable.

Get Rid of Sparklers: Is this even useful anymore? I don't really know for sure. Can anyone comment?

Resurrect: Why does @Ixion get all the fun? We can resurrect another at the cost of our own essence. Pretty significant. This would bypass phoenix and conglute. We could even have a demigod achievement for resurrecting those under lvl 80.

The Spirit of the Demigod: Our connection with our organization is so great that we can imbue our essence and convert it to power to strength our nexus. It would be much like the Hand of the Demigod artifact, but cost a lot of weight and essence to have.

The Prophet: Spirit of the Demigod could also apply to Orders when Gods require essence to heal, we could offer some of our essence to replace what is lost through those who are going in negative affinity? In return, Demigod's would get the custom memories/visions of their chosen Elder God, while Avatars would simply get the memory part for free but not the convert essence into offering deal. It would come not that often as a Prophet (but more as an Avatar), but maybe their memories could grant different buffs, or something?

Edit: More Typecast Options? *hope*
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.