Demigod power ideas.

Comments

• Chirbo said:
    IMPOSTER
    500,000 Essence

Copycat Blah
    Using your Divine Essence you can trick others by becoming a copy of your target.
    Makes you appear as this person in says, emotes, custom emotes and through things like who/scent.
    Only lasts for 10 minutes.
    Person need not be online.
    Can't be any sort of divine/npc
    So essentially, Masquerade without needing a mask?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Celina It's for the arpees. Didn't we want more powers like that?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ssaliss said:
    Chirbo said:
    IMPOSTER
    500,000 Essence

Copycat Blah
    Using your Divine Essence you can trick others by becoming a copy of your target.
    Makes you appear as this person in says, emotes, custom emotes and through things like who/scent.

Make it limited to standing still in one room, with a cooldown, removed by distort, and doesn't fool guards.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Chirbo said:
    IMPOSTER
    500,000 Essence

Copycat Blah

Make it limited to standing still in one room, with a cooldown, removed by distort, and doesn't fool guards.
    I can see it now...

qw
    Spindle, Mysrai, Calina, Casilu, Danna, Forren, Geb, Ixion, Jigan, Meliana, Nejii, Narsrim, Xena

cw
    ========================The Free Forest of Serenwilde=========================
    Danna           hartstone     Gardener                                                      On     On
    ======================================================================
                                                              There is 1 member on this plane, and 0 on other planes.

• I can see it now...
    qw
    Gail, Gail, Gail, Gail, Gail, Gail, Gail
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    No, it's Glamour. 
  • edited December 2015
    Just cause I'm lazy....

Well Traveled Aethers:
    Some aethers see far more use than others, a Demigod with this power is able to instantly teleport to any location covered by the Teleport ability in Planar (not advanced teleport) with the same restrictions as a cubix. In addition, due to your divine power the range for this teleport extends to the entire prime plane.

Domothean Resonance:
    Basically you can teleport to each of the seals with Teleport Life/Death/etc, would also combine with the above.

why?
    Because, lazy and I don't want to have to climb Avechna for seals and instant port to convenient locations would be nice.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Saran said:
    Just cause I'm lazy....

Well Traveled Aethers:
    Some aethers see far more use than others, a Demigod with this power is able to instantly teleport to any location covered by the Teleport ability in Planar (not advanced teleport) with the same restrictions as a cubix. In addition, due to your divine power the range for this teleport extends to the entire prime plane.

Domothean Resonance:
    Basically you can teleport to each of the seals with Teleport Life/Death/etc, would also combine with the above.

why?
    Because, lazy and I don't want to have to climb Avechna for seals and instant port to convenient locations would be nice.
    This would render a bunch of curios and artifacts useless, you know.  Anything dealing with milestones, the bubbles, the collection sets that take you to Prime locations, etc.
  • @Xenthos, How so?

It would only speed up travel to well.. your collegium, your nexus (which wouldn't be that amazing as most demigods would likely have an orgbix), and then a few convenience type places on Avechna. While also offering the convenience of being able to teleport back to the basin easily, which all demigods have anyway through orgbixes or ascend. (this is in fact still more limited than ascend in that usage as I didn't intend for it to work across planes or aetherspace). 

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that people get anything other than the very fixed listing that is in ab planar teleport and maybe the seal rooms.
    Ohh, I see. That is more clear. But why not just buy a ring of aetheric quickening in that case? Makes teleporting much faster. I love it.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ohh, I see. That is more clear. But why not just buy a ring of aetheric quickening in that case? Makes teleporting much faster. I love it.
    My primary use of teleporting right now is the fixed locations (possibly because I'm still kinda happy about reaching demi and I like seeing my choice teleport message >_>) so I can deal with the short wait as 500 is a bit much just for that.

I mostly suggested it because I was running over to get a harmony buff and thought that it'd be convenient to insta-port to the aetherplex from Lirangsha and then thought it'd be convenient to be able to teleport to the seals, then I remembered this thread. :P
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    A demipower that gives you the ability (in Planar?) to use TRANSVERSE at your nexus even if you are a bard/warrior/monk. I want to go to Celestia and my rifts got unwoven, damnit.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    A demipower that gives you the ability (in Planar?) to use TRANSVERSE at your nexus even if you are a bard/warrior/monk. I want to go to Celestia and my rifts got unwoven, damnit.
    Isn't there an artifact that does this already? Or was that an auction-only artifact (I think Tully or someone got it)?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Right. But I want to buy it with essence, not credits. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Right. But I want to buy it with essence, not credits. 

Not to impose on people's ideas or creativity but it is highly unlikely that we will ever release powers that work as an alternative to artifacts. There may be situations where powers can stack with them but not replace them entirely.
  • edited December 2015
    How about a doorway which resets to the inventory every month turn and works similar to a planar rift? Cannot be used in manses and respects distort. Failing that you could always have a planar gatemaster arti.

Edit: Though that kind of just sounds like a single pyramid point!
    Edit: In hindsight, you could always just bond to a rift.

Edit: So that I'm not derailing:
    I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve custom things. Would glady love for any of the custom entermsg/teleportmsg suggestions. Even though celerity is a shrine power I'd love that as an endowment too or weather resistance of each type being a different endowment
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A power for VA/VD that allows them to link/cone power back to their nexus. Stacks with the artifact and the ability itself, to either link more power at once or reduce the delay between 'tics' for each of those if that's how the artifact interacts with the ability itself.

A power that gives you a channeled action to steal a wild node and the associated power generated from it. Announce the action with an ambient that anyone in the owning city or on Astral at the time can see so they have time to respond.
    That second one makes zero sense. Wildnodes generate 0 power. If an org scores 3000 points but has all their nodes taken at the last second, they have 0 nodes on their sphere but get 1500 power per weave because of their victory. It has nothing to do with the node whatsoever... everything is based on points scored during the event.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    For some reason I thought that orgs that weren't the winning org got a power stipend based on the number of nodes they controlled when the Wildnodes ended. I remember a big deal being made about it during alliance discussions once upon a time.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    No, you always just get power based on score - even if you don't win. 
    Luce said:
    For some reason I thought that orgs that weren't the winning org got a power stipend based on the number of nodes they controlled when the Wildnodes ended. I remember a big deal being made about it during alliance discussions once upon a time.
    You get 50% of your score as power each weave-- so you want to get a couple of nodes during the event to get some score.  It doesn't matter if you actually have them when the event ends.  It is also why it is useful to get a couple of nodes at the start even if you can't defend them well.  The points you get for collecting them at the beginning still give you benefit, even if it's not all that much in the grand scheme of things.
  • Power that lets you bypass time itself!

For Essence*YearsYou'rePassing you can move your age forward or backwards!
  • Tekora said:
    Ability to see through laurels and read someone's full honours.

I mean, that would defeat the purpose of even having a 300 credit artifact that one paid for to not have anyone peering at their info if they don't want anyone reading it. Or, may as well just not even created an artifact of that kind, let alone a demigod power that wasn't paid in credits/cash to equate or have higher value than that.
    Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."
  • edited December 2015
    Eodh said:
    Demigod Seek Plus, which is basically like Demigod Seek from anywhere. Cost more essence to Seek (maybe double).

Isn't that like clairsentience in a way?

Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."
  • Ssaliss said:
    Tremula said:
    Isn't there an artifact that does this already? Or was that an auction-only artifact (I think Tully or someone got it)?
    It was once like that, but it's a rather cheap artifact now (Great Rune of Planar Mastery: 100 credits).  It allows you to do that, you can even jump from Astral to Prime in one Jump.
    [BANNERCODE]
  • edited December 2015
    I kind of agree with @Celina in that the Laurel Scrolls are pretty bad and probably could use admin approval. I'm not saying that as someone peeved since I was one of the original holders of the laurel scroll back when it was an auction item, but they have gotten really 'god modey' and more than a little ridiculous. For the same reason that descriptions don't force emotions on another character, neither should your laurel message.

Edit: And yes, I'm still grumpy that it went public. :(
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And that's when I gave everyone in the game a code name.