Demigod power ideas.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Breath of Life exists as a rez power. I have over a thousand of the things. Ixion does not have all the fun!
  • Xenthos said:
    Breath of Life exists as a rez power. I have over a thousand of the things. Ixion does not have all the fun!
    Oooh! Neat!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:

Resurrect: Why does @Ixion get all the fun? We can resurrect another at the cost of our own essence. Pretty significant. This would bypass phoenix and conglute. We could even have a demigod achievement for resurrecting those under lvl 80.
    Request... approved. It already exists (be an avatar)

******************************[ Possible Powers ]******************************
    Name                       Weight               Cost                 In Use 

Resurrection               7                    20,000,000

• Ixion said:
    Salome said:

Resurrect: Why does @Ixion get all the fun? We can resurrect another at the cost of our own essence. Pretty significant. This would bypass phoenix and conglute. We could even have a demigod achievement for resurrecting those under lvl 80.
    Request... approved. It already exists (be an avatar)

******************************[ Possible Powers ]******************************
    Name                       Weight               Cost                 In Use 

Resurrection               7                    20,000,000

You can't see it, but I'm pouting.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can also get more org typecasts put in by your patron, probably. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It's worth noting that Breath of Life is Ascendant only (unless you possess a Life Seal Medallion or are a Vernal Demi), and avatar ress can only be used on your order members. They're there, but they do have some significant limitations that have yet gone unmentioned.

How about...

Herb Anchor 

By imbuing a portion of your essence into a room, you ensure that even the forces of hibernation cannot completely strip it of herbs for one month. Unlike Nature Guard, any effect or harvester that attempts to bring them all the way down to one may still do so.

• edited December 2015
    ChoiceAmbient would be nice, something that ties nicely into the current choices. Oooh, and more choices across the board would also be cool.

OrgHaven: Wondering if it might be nice to have a little havens type area for each org, possibly just because I want to see what each would look like, unfortunately the only thing I can thing of is just popping in some handy alternative connections to what the orgbix already offers. 

I would also be interested some form of... minor relic item, choice/custom. For the most part it would just be an rp prop, though maybe there is some functionality that could be built into it if that's desired. The only two things that are coming to mind though are a slight reduction in active essence costs (like nature torc) or some form of ritual action. But i'd be like happy if it just had a few special interactions (...omg hallifax should get a tablet so demigods can pull up the secret files on people if they've been naughty)
    I suppose the inspiration for this is things like Zeus's lightning bolt, Hades' helm, Thors hammer

• Powers that make you less likely to be thrown around the Elemental Planes (one for each Elemental Plane, something like 5% that stacks with other similar effects).

Eodh said:

Powers that make you less likely to be thrown around the Elemental Planes (one for each Elemental Plane, something like 5% that stacks with other similar effects).

Why would anyone buy this? The artifacts and skills all provide 100% resistance to this effect, so there is no stacking to be had. It is basically buying an artifact effect that does not work 95% of the time. Seems like a waste of essence and weight.
  • There are tattoos that do the 5% thing. That is also, incidentally, the reason why they're pretty much never used.

• If each of them was upped to 50%, and allowing them to stack, then people would start using them. I don't think you can go too far below that though...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I could see the 80%-90% range being worthwhile, tbh.
  • A MUD I used to play ages ago had a great perk for reaching their demigod-like level, called "remortification". Essentially, there was an entire separate set of limited races that were reserved for remortification that had some more advanced stats than the normal races. At any point after becoming a demigod, you could choose to remortify into one of the more advanced races, with the catch being that you cast away your demigod status and started back at level 1 and leveling was about twice as hard.

About a year ago, Mistral drained his essence in his manse all the way from demigod to level 1. He's back up to titan now and the entire process was really enjoyable to re-level up. It'd be even more fun if there was an actual system like remortification to do this formally (and with perks).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Remort is a really old MUD standby. Please to no. Bashing to demigod was the grindiest, worst part of my Lusternia experience. We can 'remort' any time with the dagger of reincarnation, and the powers you get in the demigod shop already are grind-for-perks.
  • edited December 2015
    oh of course:

GrindToWin: Lets you classflex into last archetype 70,000,000,000 essence. Requires a hundred players to purchase it before it becomes usable.

:D
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dreambound: Allows you to project a Dreambody and Dreamspeak. Dreamweavers will have their eq costs reduced for leaving or joining their body, creating motes, and bodysnap/coalesce.
  • Custom tells

Reverbing loudly in your mind Blah tells you
    A soft breeze carries the words of Blah to your ear

So on
  • Basically I want the vox from Aetolia as a demigod power
  • Qistrel said:
    Divine Wings: You form wings of domothean energy, allowing you to fly.

I like but i'd also really love it as a "choice" thing.

Like, some people might have wings, others might be held aloft by currents of energy, maybe chaos themed ones involve a disagreement with gravity (You decide that gravity is subjective and it says "yes boss")?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    +1 to more custom powers such as custom look and enter and shout.

In place of the old stat powers, what about a vitals buff? Perhaps 1/8 or 2/8? It's an off the cuff idea so I'm not sure if that's a bit much or whatever but it's a thought to help people reach their /10 cap?

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Enyalida said:
    Remort is a really old MUD standby. Please to no. Bashing to demigod was the grindiest, worst part of my Lusternia experience. We can 'remort' any time with the dagger of reincarnation, and the powers you get in the demigod shop already are grind-for-perks.
    I'd actually be okay with letting players become fink/gnome through remort as well as the 500cr artifact. It'd give a little more flexibility to becoming one in that regard... and then you get to be a fink/gnome in Newton again on top of that.

• Demigod Seek Plus, which is basically like Demigod Seek from anywhere. Cost more essence to Seek (maybe double).

Isn't that an Ascendant power already?
  • If it is, I wouldn't know :(.

• IMPOSTER
    500,000 Essence

Copycat Blah
    Using your Divine Essence you can trick others by becoming a copy of your target.
    Makes you appear as this person in says, emotes, custom emotes and through things like who/scent.
    Only lasts for 10 minutes.
    Person need not be online.
    Can't be any sort of divine/npc
  • Eodh said:
    Demigod Seek Plus, which is basically like Demigod Seek from anywhere. Cost more essence to Seek (maybe double).
    That's a Knowledge Domoth power already.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Because I saw @Luella do this:

Faithful Ressurection: You can bring a dead companion dog or wolf back to life.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You can just get a new one. They're free.