Daraius Cake Pics!

Comments

• It's not you @Daraius.  It's photobucket.  I couldn't get to my pictures earlier either.

• I want to know what kind of person comes in and orders a cake of fake money.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:

This is my niece's favorite movie right now (she covered my mother's laptop in sparkly Good Dinosaur stickers to prove it) so I'll have to show her this one when she gets home from Pre-K. :D
    :x I've never seen it, and the customer wasn't really helpful about what she wanted other than "Arlo and Spot." From the promotional materials it seemed like that firefly scene was significant, so I ran with it.
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So, unrelated to anything at all, do you take commissions?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    ... did @Daraius just go through and (positive) flag every post in this thread that was not his?  Because it kind of looks like he did.
    Yeah, why not? 
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Yeah, why not? 
    No particular reason, it is just a bit surprising when posts from 2013 show up as having been recently flagged. :P
    Luce said:
    So, unrelated to anything at all, do you take commissions?
    I can't really do original artwork and I don't make cakes on the side of my actual job, but if there's something you'd like to see I could try to make it happen. Summer's coming up so I'll be making a new display cake soon. 
    I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    ... did @Daraius just go through and (positive) flag every post in this thread that was not his?  Because it kind of looks like he did.

This is why. Pupper is catching up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Do I get points for liking posts?
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    Do I get points for liking posts?
    No, but one could view it as "greasing the wheel," I suppose?  That may be where he's coming from.
    edited June 2016
    Ahaa. I doubt anyone but me is point-motivated enough for operant conditioning to apply, but I'll take itt. >:D<
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Might be neat to see a Zootopia cake, but that might trip over copyright issues. Would definitely be a display piece though. It was a good movie and lots of kids probably liked it too.
    edited June 2016
    I don't think making a cake about a movie trips over copyright issues, does it?  Making an entire business designed around making cakes from copyrighted materials would be a different story, but it seems like the baking industry has always made themed cakes and I can't imagine they all go around getting permission.

Edit: Thus says the internet:
    http://www.cakeboss.com/Cake-Stuff/Articles/Copyrighted-Cakes
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    After showing my niece the Good Dinosaur cake, she made me go through the entire thread on my phone, @Daraius. She screamed in delight at the Monster High cakes, especially since one was of Clawdeen, who she adores. I think you have a new fan.
    edited June 2016
    Luce said:
    Might be neat to see a Zootopia cake, but that might trip over copyright issues. Would definitely be a display piece though. It was a good movie and lots of kids probably liked it too.

That was the colorful city cake from a while back. I added Nick and Judy to the top when it became clear nobody knew what it was supposed to be. Sadly, Zootopia has not become the next Frozen as I hoped it would. Haven't received a single order for cakes or cupcakes yet. 

As for copyright issues... I think I sent that very article to the bosses when we first started offering decorations, and the response was something like "Did they send us a cease and desist letter? No? Then carry on."   You can see we depict copyrighted characters with impunity. 
    :|
    I used to make cakes.

• @Daraius that airbrushing would make a gorgeous and stylish twist on the traditional wedding cake.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited June 2016
    Ahhhhh, that is an awesome cake. 

I never had cakes this cool as a kid. :(
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    For real, my little sister burned my birthday cake once.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited June 2016
    Not-so-Good Dinosaurs this time.
    (that is to say, not from The Good Dinosaur)

I tried to replicate the airbrush technique from above, but with jungle patterns instead of ocean waves. Needs a little work but I'm still a fan.
    I used to make cakes.

• Those mineral cupcakes! So pretty!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
    Let's not forget 'tis the season for patriotism.

imageimage
    I used to make cakes.