Daraius Cake Pics!

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    That cake with the flowers and the '75' is stunning. ( I was going to say the green cake, but I'm color blind and I can't really tell if it's green or just color blind green but actually blue or brown or turquoise)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ooh thanks! It's white with teal flowers. I wish the dowel holding up the 5 wasn't visible, but that's a tricky number to support.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Teal: Either green or blue will do.
    Here are the fruits of my last few weeks' labors.

I used to make cakes.

And some smaller ones.

(I think I had a dusting of sugar on my lens here. It's lookin pretty dingy.)
    I used to make cakes.

edited September 2015
    My Parks & Rec cake isn't quite the showstopper I'd hoped it would be, but I think I struck a balance between creepy and classy.

I used to make cakes.

I can't tell if the unicorn cake is for a kid or for a gay birthday.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Cate does cate.
  • edited October 2015
    Damn. You're awesome, dude. I'm not a big "sweets" person, but I want one of those "treat yoself" cakes. Haha. Is that a plush, vibrantly colored throne? Too amazing. Bring back P&R!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:

Under this retro-nostalgic The Tick portrait is a retro-nostalgic Oatmeal Creme Pie cake, a flavor we developed to emulate the snack cakes we grew up loving. It's in my top five favorites on our menu. <3

That...I need that. I want to eat that. I love those oatmeal creme pie things so much, having an entire cake made specifically to be similar them sounds like the best thing ever.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh my God. My dad would flip out if I got him a cake like this.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Him and I both.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Him and I both.
    I would probably cry.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • This thread just bewilders me. 

I definitely would not want to eat those cakes! Except I totally do. But I'd feel terrible doing it, like I'm supposed to be framing this thing in a glass cage or something.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I agree that it feels like a crime to be eating those works of art.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Here's what I've been up to in my wifiless life. 

I used to make cakes.

Here I was going for a tasteful interpretation of a tacky Christmas sweater.

I used to make cakes.

edited December 2015
    omgosh. So pretty.

edit: I hate the "boy or girl" cake on principle. IS IT A BOY OR A GIRL?! Tip: no one cares.
  • I want the BH6 cake. So much. Baymaaaaax!
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    These were both giant cupcakes for in-store birthday parties we host. The customers don't really get a say in how I decorate them, but I try to incorporate the birthday kids' interests and favorite colors when I have time. First one was a kind of experiment that I think turned out kind of neat.

I'm considering your experiment a success, because that thing is gorgeous and I really want to eat it! You never fail to blow me away with all the cakes you post. :x The like button just isn't enough.
  • I know this is probably a stupid question but...  how do you cut and serve something like the giant cupcake (or any of the non-circle cakes)?
    edited December 2015
    We usually leave that for the customers to puzzle out! But if I were to give them any advice... The top of the giant cupcake comes right off and can be cut into up to twelve small wedges, and the bottom cake portion can be cut into twelve more frosting-less slices (three vertical cuts and one horizontal), which I do at the parties if any parents are hanging around. As for the two-tiered cakes, there's a cardboard disc between the bottom and top tier so you can separate them. I can't imagine there's many ways to do that without making a mess (a broad, sturdy, well positioned spatula comes to mind), but cakes are made to be destroyed eventually anyhow. Something like the LotR cake was probably a true disaster to serve, since the top tier was all hacked up and the tower itself was built around a cardboard paper towel tube shoved into it. I did at least warn them that it wasn't edible. :))
    I used to make cakes.

• How dare you not use our freedom units Daraius
    Daraius said:
    Sorry bb. My candy thermometer is set to Celsius and I measure my ingredients in grams, too. >:)

• edited January 2016
    The dragon cake from a couple of pages back was amazing but the wolf cake just made me all kinds of happy and squee-y. 

EDIT: OH MY GOD I DIDN'T REALIZE... THE WOLF CAKE IS PURPLE AND GLITTERY.

This is my dream. ;-;