[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• I was given the rickshaw which was a nice vote of confidence I guess. I can use it one time to give myself a double vote but I can't be the first person to vote on the lynch. 

And is it really obvious that it was Celina? Like yeah, they said they wanted the power and it seemed cool but you are also acting like Celina wouldn't choose strategicly. A lot of things would of needed to line up for Fyler to actually pick that power. 
  • I'm not really committed to this vote, you're right it's not a strong case, though don't think it is as far fetched as you suggest. It's more a factor of going almost a day with no real discussion and wanted to do something + being required to vote every phase.
  • ##Vote: Fyler

I'll throw some weight on it. I'll note that she threw her vote on the Othero train kind of late the last day phase. Additionally, she's far down the list so if it's not her and she went for it, she would be a vanilla townie anyway.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm down for that. Sorry, I've been working heavily for the last few days. 

##VOTE: FYLER
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Okay, so both of the people killed have been town, and both grabbed the (arguably) most powerful roles to keep them out of the hands of mafia. That's...pretty good, I'll admit. If they're going to just keep going down the list, that means I'm probably next, or it's Ellowyn.

I'm not going to vote for Celina simply because with their next-to-last order in the draft, and the knowledge that they would want the role, I find it highly improbable that (A) they would get the role they desired and (B) it would still be available by the time their draft came up.

I'm starting to think our mafia is more towards the middle of the list, Guessing randomly, I'd say Kalikai, Silvanus, and Dys are in good positions to be mafia. This doesn't mean I suspect them heavily (well, I do suspect one of them), but that's about where I would try and aim if I was mafia and knew that getting at the top wasn't likely. Also, since she's one position higher than me, and I know I'm town, I also suspect Ellowyn. Since she hasn't been here and it's better (imo) to lynch inactive people when you don't have much anything else solid to go on, I'm just going to...

##Vote: Ellowyn

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Will Ellowyn get modkilled if she doesn't vote this time? I'm happy for her to die if she's not here but it could be a waste of a lynch.

Also I don't think the middle of the list theory works on Silvanus or Kalikai as they both got where they are by other people picking the same number, which is hard to predict. About the only thing I think we can do with position is trying to guess Mafia strategy and assuming they're unlikely to pick doubles so they got better powers, as Lehki said.

I picked a random number by googling random number from 1 to 12.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Voting for Fyler for this reason is not something I can get behind. I really don't think it's likely that Fyler got that role and used it right away, knowing that some people would automatically assume it must be their doing.
  • It is unlikely that a townie would pick that role so I actually find it fairly likely that someone that far down the draft got it.
  • Dys said:
    Will Ellowyn get modkilled if she doesn't vote this time?
    Yes, Ellowyn will get modkilled if she doesn't vote by the end of this Day phase. 
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • The one annoying thing is we're getting close to 24 hours left with no @Fyler. I don't want to lynch Celina but we'll hit a point where we don't have the option.
  • Was honestly not expecting a vote train to actually pick up like that, but here we are.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I wanted to at least get a vote out there for reasons. I do think that it was probably Celina but also in the back of my mind I was thinking it may be a frame job.

We don't really have much to go on and I was hoping this can begin conversations. Too bad it is a holiday weekend for America 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm not really sure I'm on board with this Celina has to be the Princess thing, but I don't really have anything else to push. In the spirit of general support I will

## Vote Ellowyn

• edited July 2017
    Vote Count

Fyler - 4
    Lehki
    Silvanus
    Kalikai
    Shaddus

Ellowyn - 2
    Tremula
    Vivet

Non-Voters - 6
    Othero
    Fyler
    Phoebus
    Ellowyn
    Falaeron
    Dys
  • I just want to apologise to everyone for not being here - I had a trip that was pretty much last minute and for some reason I couldn't log in on my phone and I was too busy to try and stuff around with it.

From reading everything, I think I'm going to also ## Vote Fyler.

I do find it interesting that Tremula and Vivet would kill me knowing that I'd probably be modkilled anyway, it is a bit of a waste of a lynch.  
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh, that's easy, it's a minimised risk. We COULD have gone and lynched someone else AND had you modkilled, and potentially lost two town members because we have very little information to act on. Lynching one potential town who would die anyway is the safest move for town, just like lynching a survivor is almost 100% in the town's best interest. Since you are back though, I'll go ahead and...

##Unvote
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ##Vote Nobody

Because I need to vote and this Fyler lynch seems like it is running its way to the station and I don't approve. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am going to go ahead and ##Unvote, just to stop a ninja lynch happening. Flyer still hasn't said anything I think. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I don't think we can ninja lynch in this game. @Irillia can confirm, but I believe she already said that the person with the most votes gets lynched at the end of the day phase and a majority will not end the dayphase early.

@Fyler not saying anything just confirms to me that they are guilty. Usually you can't get her to shut up.
  • Yeah, we can't really ninja lynch, we're always going to go to the end of the day phase.
  • Sorry, posting is spotty on weekend as you'll notice last game. I'm usually drunk, and I post during the week while I'm on the computer at work. BEHOLD it is Monday.

I don't really know how to argue against the "Celina was Princess of the Night in real Lusternia and enjoyed the irony of it being in the game, therefor she is mafia." It's such strange reasoning that I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it, much less coming up with a rational response to an irrational position.

I'm sorry, the argument is nonsense and entirely superficial. No, I'm not Princess of Darkness just because I was Princess of Darkness in Lusternia. I can't believe that really has to be said.

Someone already called it, but due to me being at the bottom of the pile I went for copycat and got bumpkiss. I'm vanilla. There's a copycat in the game who can probably confirm this. Though they are now a godfather, so it's debatable how valuable that reveal would be just to save me. 

I'm voting on the person with a "hunch," that is based on a real Lusternia thing, that is that my character was known for being the Princess of Darkness and that has literally no relationship to this mafia game. And he drummed up support with it! I think the town needs to be looking long and hard at whoever is pulling on that thread.

vote: Lehki

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • I'm also totally down for Kaliakai, Ellowyn, or Shaddus for giving half assed reasons (or no reasons at all) for supporting that nonsense vote.

More Shaddus and Ellowyn for giving no reason. Kalikai and Silvanus are aggressive players so this seems in line for them IMHO.
  • ##Unvote 

I had already said the vote was more for just kicking stuff up than anything else, and I can believe the claim to go for Copycat. I stuck on it this long because Fyler want posting and lynching lurkers was good too. 

It's probably hypocritical of me since I started the vote but I'm also down for voting anybody that hopped on that train.
  • Thinking out loud:

Pros for lynching:
    - Might get scum and that's the objective.
    - We're probably down to 8 town, 3 mafia, 1 serial killer. That's 5 ish nights depending on how powers work out before we lose.
    - Gives more information
    - With two nights, hopefully someone in town knows something useful to guide a choice

Cons for lynching:
    - I don't have good info so might get town
    - Might lose information if we kill a useful role

To consider: When/if the Mad Bomber gets killed (and I bet someone picked it and has placed their two bombs, probably just on instinct), it'll be messy. I don't think that's a pro or a con as there's not much way round it.

I'm in favour of lynching today. Just need to decide who.

• Lehki said:
    ##Unvote 

I had already said the vote was more for just kicking stuff up than anything else, and I can believe the claim to go for Copycat. I stuck on it this long because Fyler want posting and lynching lurkers was good too. 

It's probably hypocritical of me since I started the vote but I'm also down for voting anybody that hopped on that train.
    Well, it is also a convenient cover to get a train started. That being said, I'm happy with Shaddus or Ellowyn for just hopping on board without saying why. 

I'm also okay with @Kalikai because SHE ROOD.
  • Vote Count

Fyler - 3

Kalikai

Shaddus

Ellowyn

Ellowyn - 1

Vivet

No Lynch - 1

Othero

Lehki  - 1

Fyler

Non-Voters - 6

Phoebus*

Falaeron*

Dys*

Tremula (unvoted from Ellowyn)

Silvanus (unvoted from Fyler)

Lehki (unvoted from Fyler)

*Has not placed a vote yet this Day phase.

Three hours until the end of the Day!

• ##Vote Lehki

I'll believe Fyler's claim for now and would rather not see him lynched through plurality. Also would like to not get another no lynch day, so will jump on this in hopes that we'll get another couple of votes.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ugh, jeez, I totally lost track of time and the day end has snuck up. Well, I sure don't think Fyler should be the one who dies today. Anyone who voted for them would be fine in my book, though honestly of the lot I'm least inclined to vote for Lehki, since an opening pressure vote is more understandable to me than people joining onto one as if it were some undeniable truth or something.
  • I actually like Lehki more than the others just because of the draft clash thing.
  • I'm not voting Fyler or Lehki at this stage. Shaddus and Ellowyn haven't done much so far (I know they're both busy, but I need posts to judge). Ellowyn was high in the order so might have a decent power, but dangerous if mafia or serial killer. Shaddus is middling so who knows.

##Vote Ellowyn