[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Wait, I'm lost on the vote everyday rule. If I vote and plan on sticking with that vote do I still need to unvote/revote?
  • I meant it as "vote every day phase," not "every 24 hours." That way, I can be sure to have heard from everyone before the lynch occurs. I will capitalize the "day" in rule #10 to make my intention clearer.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Oh, duh. That makes sense.
  • And because I don't want to see them get hit, @Vivet, @Ellowyn, @Dys make sure you vote.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm just feeling really ambivalent with none of the vote hopping feeling like much more than early antsiness. So

##Vote No Lynch

I guess.
  • It's okay, I realize that it was unclear because I say "post at least once per Day phase" right before and then say "vote every day" afterward. 
  • I'm thinking between voting for Othero for saying the wrong numbers (attempted trick or mistake?) and no lynch.
  • Nah.

## No Lynch
  • @Dys forgot to bold

• ##NoLynch
  • Vote Count

No Lynch – 8
    Othero
    Lehki
    Silvanus
    Tremula
    Shaddus
    Sylandra
    Vivet
    Dys

Othero - 4
    Kalikai
    Falaeron
    Fyler
    Arix

Falaeron – 1
    Phoebus

Non-Voters – 1
    Ellowyn

Hopefully, @Ellowyn can make the vote, or else I will have to devise a very stern PM warning to send her for the next Day phase.

• Night One

Following the news of Irillia's murder, several citizens of Lusterniaville came forward in a heartwarming display of altruism to adopt her orphaned cats and give them new, loving homes. Otherwise, the night was quiet.

Too quiet.

===

[no flavor zone]

It is now Night One. If your role includes Night actions, please send them to me before the end of the Night phase. Night One will end in about 24 hours from now at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 PM Central/11:59 PM GMT on June 29.

• Day Two…?

Though the night appeared to pass uneventfully in Lusterniaville, an insidious strain of confusion and anxiety infected the citizens of that once-peaceful town. No one quite seemed to believe the official report that the murder the day before was only a robbery gone wrong. Only a lavish and lively wedding party taking place beneath the verdant boughs of the Kiakoda Arboretum seemed immune to the pervasive feeling of uneasiness that gripped the town. As the sun reached the zenith of the firmament, the wedding guests basked in the shining golden afternoon sunlight as they danced, drank, and toasted the happy bride and groom.

The only person absent from the festivities was Arix, who had a meeting inside the dimly lit groundskeeper's lodge with an old acquaintance who claimed to want a favor from him. Arix was looking forward to delivering a blistering harangue in response to such a presumptuous request. As soon as he saw his acquaintance enter the lodge, he launched into an eloquent tirade in a low, gravelly voice.

"We've known each other for many years, but this...this is the first time you ever came to me for counsel or help," he declared. "You never wanted my friendship. And you were afraid to be in my debt. But now you come to me on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask for a favor."

"Look, I don't want any trouble," his acquaintance broke in. Music from the wedding played on outside the lodge, and Arix shook his head in grave reproach.

"Tell me, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?" Arix demanded. "You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. What can you offer me now in exchange for my help? What favor could you dare to ask from me on my daughter's wedding day?"

"I just want to make you an offer you can't refuse," his acquaintance quipped. "You can die quick, or you can die slow."

Before Arix could do more than gasp in shock, his murderous acquaintance pulled out a gun with a silencer on it in one fluid motion, shot two bullets into Arix's chest at point-blank range, and silently departed without a backward glance.

As Arix took his final breaths, a veil of darkness descended not only across his eyes but seemingly across the entire world as well. The wedding guests and the hapless bride let out shrieks of dismay as the afternoon sun was suddenly and swiftly blotted out by an enormous shadow, covering the land in an unexpected nightfall. Soon, no one could even see their hand in front of their face, though they could certainly hear the screams of panic, especially when some mysterious apparatus on two wheels crashed blindly into a nearby tree. An ominous blackness as grim as death itself covered all of Lusterniaville, obscuring vision, obliterating any sense of certainty and safety that the citizens might have felt during the day, and filling their hearts with fearful foreboding.

"An eclipse, an eclipse!' one wedding guest shouted hysterically. "How can this be? Why did no one see this coming? What's going to happen now?"

What indeed.

==

[no flavor zone]

Arix, the Town Godfather has died.

The Inventor has created a Lynch Rickshaw.

The Prince(ss) of Darkness has chosen to send the game into a second Night phase! It is now Night 1.5 (not Day 2). If your role includes Night actions, please send them to me before the end of the Night phase, which will conclude about 24 hours from now at 7:59 Eastern/6:59 Central/11:59 GMT on June 30.

• HAHAHAHAHA GO TOWN

• Day Two

Off the coast of Lusterniaville, both the land and sea seemed swathed in luminous darkness, as only a sliver of sun could be seen peeking beyond the edges of the moon that eclipsed and obscured most of its light. There was no visible horizon to separate the penumbral sky and the dark, flowing waters of Lake Amberle. Aboard the SS Gadgeteer, Sylandra blinked in surprise as she emerged from the complex and wondrous inventor's workshop at the steamship's heart, where she did all her engineering, tinkering, transmuting, innovating, and generally messing about with devices, mechanisms, and designs both old and new.

As she hurriedly lit a lantern, Sylandra blinked in surprise when her loyal pet dog came bounding toward her along the deck, barking furiously and nearly knocking her over. Knowing its keen senses, she glanced right, left, up, down, in front of, and behind herself in search of danger, but saw nothing amiss. She bent down and gave the dog a hug, wondering what was bothering it.

"Is it the eclipse that's bothering you, boy?" she asked soothingly, stroking the worried dog's ears. "Come on, let's go back into the workshop and invent some gadgets. I've been working on some new curios for the curio market in Lusterniaville. You can help me test them out and see if they're any fun to play with!"

Sylandra began to walk away, only for the dog's barking to increase in pitch, rapidity, and vehemence. When she turned her head to remonstrate with the dog, she saw a dark figure emerging from behind one of the lifeboats lashed to the rails, holding a gun. Before Sylandra could draw her self-loading automatic hand crossbow, a favorite creation of hers that she always carried to defend herself, she felt a flurry of bullets tear into her shoulder and hip.

"Do you know how difficult it is to monopolize the curio market when new curios and curio sets keep getting invented all the time?" her attacker inquired in a surprisingly friendly, conversational tone. "Now there won't be any more new curios ever. Just the way we planned it."

Another round of bullets hit Sylandra in rapid succession, tearing into her body and knocking her back into the water. When she saw her attacker turning toward her beloved dog and lifting the gun to fire once more, Sylandra summoned the last of her strength to scream her final words.

"Run away, boy! Swim! Swim to safety! Find someone who'll keep you safe!" she shouted at her dog. "Swim...survive... Find someone who will love you...someone who won't get you killed..."

With one last furious bark, her loyal dog instantly leaped off the deck of the SS Gadgeteer and energetically swam toward the shore, paddling furiously toward the town of Lusterniaville in the distance. As Sylandra sank deeper into the water, she gazed up toward the sky and saw the sun come out from behind the moon, filling the world with the brilliant light of day once more. The waters glowing with renewed daylight was the last sight she saw as she died with a smile on her lips, thinking about her beloved dog swimming away to safety.

===

[no flavor zone]

Sylandra, the Town Inventor has died.

The Inventor has created a Loyal Pet Doggo.

It is now Day Two. Day will end in 72 hours on July 3rd, at which point voting will be closed and the game will move to Night Two. Remember, the voting syntaxes are ##Vote Player and #Unvote Player.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Won't someone think of the poor puppies and kitties?!
  • Poor Sylandra - comes in and boom, dead

What's interesting is there is only one kill per night and not two. No Serial Killer I wonder?
    Irillia does mention third party in the opening I think, but that doesn't mean there has to be a serial killer specifically. Third party can be other stuff.

I would suggest arsonist, but then again that wasn't a power set option for drafting and I don't think that would fall into vanilla appropriately.

On the upside, we know someone took Prince(ss) of the Night and they were antsy, so mafia is down a one shot power.

We also got two night messages about the inventor inventing stuff, which seems strange to me. I think it is publicly shown to implicate those things might be in play now as well? Or just that Sylandra had the capability of handing them out by inventing them - not necessarily that they were distributed. Hmm.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The third party role description in the opening post does specifically call them a Serial Killer.
    Oh, you're right. I derped and didn't scroll down far enough.
  • So the question is...what is the SK doing?
  • So they knocked off the two people at the top of the draft order, probably assuming they were the ones most likely to have important roles. Shame we lost the inventor, but re-reading the power, Sylandra would make and give out the items on the same turn so two she made are out there, hopefully in good hands.

So we know Scum used up a 1shot for double night, and that they didn't get their hands on the Godfather. Hopefully one of them tried to and got stuck with vanilla but impossible to say.  Unless their was a copycat in play, investigators should be able to trust their results.

I almost want to lean on Fyler for the Princess of Darkness thing but that feels too obvious.
  • Vivet said:
    We also got two night messages about the inventor inventing stuff, which seems strange to me. I think it is publicly shown to implicate those things might be in play now as well? Or just that Sylandra had the capability of handing them out by inventing them - not necessarily that they were distributed. Hmm.

I think they did get handed out and they're in play:

Inventor: At night, you can invent anything you feel like: a gun with one bullet, an extra bullet, a med-kit, a detective kit, a telephone, or whatever else you can think of. PM me with what you want to invent, how it works, and what player you want to give it to (it cannot be yourself). The next Day post will include a brief statement letting everyone know what was invented, but not to whom it was given. 

SK's targets could have been saved by a medic or CPR medic, or the Serial Killer could have been blocked or jailed. Or target jailed. Or they could have not submitted targets if they're not paying attention (Ellowyn?).

It does seem likely that Scum got Prince of Darkness rather than town, because night favours Scum.

• Well since things aren't moving yet I guess I will just go on that one hunch till more people start talking.

##Vote: Fyler
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well that's rough, I will agree with Lehki that it does seem obvious that it was Celina that pushed us to night two right away and got two towns killed. 

I am going to ##Vote Fyler as well. There may not be much to go on this day due to the circumstances. 

And perhaps a roleblocker or doctor got lucky and saved us two nights in a row. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Also I wonder what a lynch rickshaw and loyal pet dog are, any idea?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • My guess is gonna be either executioner or double vote for the rickshaw, and night protection for the doggo. But honestly could be anything, only the people who have them will know.
  • I was given the rickshaw which was a nice vote of confidence I guess. I can use it one time to give myself a double vote but I can't be the first person to vote on the lynch. 

And is it really obvious that it was Celina? Like yeah, they said they wanted the power and it seemed cool but you are also acting like Celina wouldn't choose strategicly. A lot of things would of needed to line up for Fyler to actually pick that power.