[Mafia Game] Pick Your Power Mafia: Lusternia - GG! TOWN VICTORY!

Comments

• And considering Kalikai's attempts to deflect onto Fyler I trust their corroboration.

I'm going to ##Vote: Falaeron I'm just not comfortable with Bad Santa being out there. It's a great ability for an SK to use to fly under the radar and then push a few kills at the end to claim a win.
  • edited July 2017
    Given how quiet this game has been, especially these last few phases, I'd like to do an interest check here. Would you all prefer to just call off the game now and either take a break from Mafia or let the next person in the signup queue run another game? I don't want people to feel like they're forced to participate in a game in which they're not really all that interested or if they're too busy with work/family/normal life. 

If it seems like enough people would rather not continue, I'd be okay with just calling off the game as is and releasing the role list and action list now. I'd rather stop short than continue to prolong the agony for everyone else.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    It's been super quiet, yeah. I'm still interested in playing and I keep checking for new replies, but there aren't many of those, and my playstyle is unfortunately pretty reliant on reacting to other people's posts.
  • I'm ok to keep going. I've just been distracted by other things and haven't really had the energy to post more than I have.
  • As for Othero's claim that I'm possibly the SK just because I have the Bad Santa power, I'm not too sure what I can say to that other than no, I'm not the SK.
  • I'd like to keep playing. Only thing I can think of causing the low posting is the lack of info. Not having a detective in the mix requires us to talk a lot more than people seem to be doing.
  • I'm honestly not too worried about Bad Santa, since it's limited by whatever list he submitted in the beginning and who votes for who, and the more people die the less likely it is that he'll be able to use it. Granted, ignoring it could come back and bite us in the ass if he does till have people on the list alive, but I'd still rather stick to the people Silvanus pointed out, as they are our best lead for now.
  • Oh sorry, I thought the forums were down because it kept redirecting me to a page that didn't exist. Rofl oops. Hooray for forums migration.

Well, this is going super well. My intuition has proven to be horrible this game and last, and I play a much better villain than townie. 

I know it's not me, so for me that leaves Tremula and Vivet. I want to lean towards Vivet but I think that's just my irrational fear of Vivet mafia carryover from the Ratatoskr game. I want to say it's not Vivet because I agree that the princess of Darkness power timing was a throw away for the mafia, and knowing Vivet's past moves...I am inclined to believe she'd have opposed using it night 1 if she were mafia. 

By process of elimination, that leaves Tremula.

Vote: Tremula

Assuming Silvanus isn't pulling a hilarious trick on us all and picked up a town power as a member of the mafia to trick us all. He's diabolical, I wouldn't put it past him.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fyler said:
    Oh sorry, I thought the forums were down because it kept redirecting me to a page that didn't exist. Rofl oops. Hooray for forums migration.

Well, this is going super well. My intuition has proven to be horrible this game and last, and I play a much better villain than townie. 

I know it's not me, so for me that leaves Tremula and Vivet. I want to lean towards Vivet but I think that's just my irrational fear of Vivet mafia carryover from the Ratatoskr game. I want to say it's not Vivet because I agree that the princess of Darkness power timing was a throw away for the mafia, and knowing Vivet's past moves...I am inclined to believe she'd have opposed using it night 1 if she were mafia. 

Assuming Silvanus isn't pulling a hilarious trick on us all and picked up a town power as a member of the mafia to trick us all. He's diabolical, I wouldn't put it past him.
    Silvanus was killed last night so we know he was town now.
  • oh oops. I r gud at reading.

(I was mostly joking, but you never know with that one)
  • Fyler said:
    Oh sorry, I thought the forums were down because it kept redirecting me to a page that didn't exist. Rofl oops. Hooray for forums migration.

That works for me, we're pretty low on time and I don't think looking at Falaeron is going to go anywhere as I can't get the pressure behind it. I'm willing to follow your thinking on Vivet and not being mafia.

##Unvote
    ##Vote:Tremula
  • Vote Count

Vivet - 1
    Lehki

Tremula - 2
    Fyler
    Othero

Non-Voters - 5
    Shaddus
    Phoebus
    Vivet
    Falaeron
    Tremula

Day will end in 7 hours. Please try to have your votes in by then!
    I'd be good with either Vivet or Tremula today, leaning rather towards Tremula. One of the remaining mafia members is the one who used that night power immediately, and while this doesn't necessarily mean she's not the mafioso left within the votecheck group, I do agree that Vivet probably wouldn't have used it right away like that. I've also been wary of Tremula ever since the whole withholding of draft numbers thing, which felt quite weird to me. So, that's where I'm gonna go with my vote, too.

##Vote: Tremula
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ##Vote: Tremula
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ##Vote: Tremula
  • Day 4 Vote Count

Vivet - 1
    Lehki

Tremula - 5
    Fyler
    Othero
    Phoebus
    Shaddus
    Falaeron

Non-Voters - 2
    Vivet
    Tremula

• Night Four

An oppressive silence hung over the town in the wake of Silvanus' death. (To be sure, most people undoubtedly thought he was marked for death after revealing himself as the vote detective, but probably not quite so quickly and preferably with a more dramatic, film noir-style death scene.) In the end, following the data that Silvanus had amassed the night before, the citizens of Lusterniaville decided to lynch the taciturn Tremula. Tremula came quietly with the other townspeople to the gallows without offering any resistance or protest and died wordlessly at day's end.

==

[no flavor zone]

Tremula, the Vanilla Townie has been lynched.

It is now Night Four. If your role includes Night actions, please send them to me before the end of Night. This Night phase will end approximately 24 hours from now at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 PM Central/11:59 PM GMT on Wednesday, July 12.

• Rofl. I give up.
  • edited July 2017
    Fyler said:
    Rofl. I give up.
    Irillia said:
    You may not post in the thread during Night phases.
    Out of the clear night sky, a blinding white lightning bolt suddenly materializes and shoots straight for Fyler's head, all jagged and coruscating with electric lethality. Then it hesitated for a moment in mid-air, gave the lightning-bolt equivalent of a shrug, and then decided to hover menacingly over Fyler for a few seconds, before magnanimously withdrawing back into the black night sky and disappearing entirely from sight.

( <3 Fyler, I'm actually used to games where people post at night, but here, them's the rules!)

• Day Five

Visibly baffled by the results of the night's lynch, Fyler walked home at a slow, preoccupied pace through the darkened town streets. Shaking his head in thought and occasionally chuckling ruefully to himself, he paid little attention to where he was going and thus took a moment too long to notice when he made a wrong turn, not onto Ravenwood Road where he lived, but into a narrow, stinking, squalid, and dangerous-looking alleyway with a dead end. As Fyler sighed in annoyance and turned around, he felt a sudden, stunning impact as a fabulously shiny, high-heeled shoe flew seemingly out of nowhere to strike him squarely on the head. Knocked off-balance, Fyler fell to one knee and felt at his head for bleeding, while staring in confusion at the strange yet stylish projectile on the ground beside him.

"What the ----? Who the ---- throws a shoe at people?" he wondered aloud, effortlessly pronouncing the rows of dashes.

"That...would be me." A shadowy figure appeared at the mouth of the alleyway, brandishing the other high-heeled shoe from the pair. "Give me all your credits, artifacts, curios, gold, and ponies right now, and I'll let you out of here."

"And if I don't give you everything, you'll kill me?" Fyler sneered, not even bothering to hide his disdain. "You and what army, exactly?"

"Well," the figure responded, twirling the high-heeled shoe on one upraised finger, "I do have this other shoe."

"Yeah, right." Fyler rolled his eyes and climbed to his feet, squaring his shoulders as if for a fight. "Give me a break. And get the ---- out of my way."

The shadowy figure shook its head sadly, with an air of profound disappointment. Then, in a single graceful motion, the figure threw the second shiny, high-heeled shoe directly at Fyler's head with deadly accuracy. In the same cat-quick motion, the figure then drew a gun from a shoulder holster and fired. As the flying shoe tumbled end over end through the air toward Fyler, the bullet pierced right through the sole of the shoe and struck Fyler right between the eyes, killing him instantly. The shoe struck a moment later, but by then Fyler was already dead.

Holstering the gun, the figure vanished into the shadows, but not before collecting both shoes and muttering about yet another trip to the shoe repair shop for the bullet hole.

==

[no flavor zone]

Fyler, the Vanilla Townie has died.

It is now Day Five. The Day phase will end in 72 hours on Saturday, July 15 at 7:59 PM Eastern/6:59 Central/11:59 GMT, at which point the game will move to Night Five. Remember, the voting syntaxes are ##Vote Player and #Unvote Player.

Ok, well, ##Vote: Vivet.
  • So for the sake of argument I'd like to ask why we should trust Phoebus' claim of Copycat/Godfather. I'd just like to have some conversation this round and there really isn't anything to confirm Phoebus is a copycat/godfather. She could easily be a vanilla mafia who made a very risky bluff that's paid off. Why trust Phoebus and not Vivet?
    Othero said:
    So for the sake of argument I'd like to ask why we should trust Phoebus' claim of Copycat/Godfather. I'd just like to have some conversation this round and there really isn't anything to confirm Phoebus is a copycat/godfather. She could easily be a vanilla mafia who made a very risky bluff that's paid off. Why trust Phoebus and not Vivet?
    No one has counter-claimed Copycat, and Fyler was vanilla because they tried to get Copycat and couldn't. If someone else out there was the Copycat, they would've said something by now.
    I also hinted at being the Copycat pretty early on when Irillia "died," joking about becoming the replacement catlady.  o:)
    Phoebus said:
    No! Justice for the cats and their cat lady! I will take over official cat-feeding duties for all the poor kittens left behind.
  • Phoebus said:
    Othero said:
    So for the sake of argument I'd like to ask why we should trust Phoebus' claim of Copycat/Godfather. I'd just like to have some conversation this round and there really isn't anything to confirm Phoebus is a copycat/godfather. She could easily be a vanilla mafia who made a very risky bluff that's paid off. Why trust Phoebus and not Vivet?
    No one has counter-claimed Copycat, and Fyler was vanilla because they tried to get Copycat and couldn't. If someone else out there was the Copycat, they would've said something by now.
    Mhmm! Forgot about Fyler's claim which does pan out. Yeah, if anyone else was Copycat they would of counter-claimed. 
  • ##Vote: Vivet
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Apologies about my absence the last few days - various difficulties with power outages, rain/flooding, hail, and the forums hiccuping with the new website have not been kind for me.

You know, it's a real shame there's no dayvig to make a simple decision between me and Phoebus - would be a perfect move for a town dayvig, and create an opportunity to utilise the lynch otherwise.

Oh wait, there's only six players left since Tremula was lynched AND Fyler was nightkilled. This is what I get for not being around to make decisions during the night phase or even communicate my thoughts. Sigh.

Okay, guess I have no choice.

##Vote Shaddus

Otherwise I'm pretty sure he'll win this as dayvig serial killer.

Least I got to communicate that thought along the way out, eh.

• ##Unvote

Why do you think Shaddus is dayvig SK?
    Think about it. What would make me very certain a dayvig exists?