Most RPG's these days, MMO's in particular, have a form of PvP currency. WoW calls them honor points, but pretty much every game has them, and you use them to buy gear or items for your character.
I was thinking something like this could benefit Lusternia, both to encourage more PvP and give PvP'ers something to strive for.
I think the biggest PvP point rewards would to go winners of arena games like FFA and wargames. This would give people an incentive to use the queues for these, and also prevent the open world PvP fatigue that can occur from constant raiding. Large group PvP is also less skill based than arena games.
So, the things you would get points for
1. Killing someone (no points if opponent is < 10 levels below you, also no points if the kill gives the victim vengeance)
2. Participating in an arena game
3. Winning an arena game
#3 should give the most, 1 and 2 around the same amount, maybe a bit more for #1.
Then, with these points, you would be able to buy things in a special shop that just accepts that currency.
I was thinking that the majority of the items would be on the cheaper side, but offer temporary boosts. The point of the shop isn't to compete with artifacts that you would buy with credits, though a few expensive things that would take a longer length of time saving wouldn't be bad.
1. Potions that give health, mana, ego blessing. Perhaps have tiers of strength that last longer periods of time
2. Potions that give Estarra favours
3. Potions that give a crit bonus
4. Potions that give XP bonus
5. Teasure chests that function like booster packs in a CCG - could have ikons, curios, credits, gold, coins, etc.
5a. Could have different packs for different things. Like, an all curio pack, all ikon pack, etc.
6. Items that function like "skins" in other games - add ambient look, teleport, enter/exit messages.
7. Temporary race change potions
8. Props to set up in manses - could be styled to reflect their PvP nature, like an action figure of the person who buys it or a trophy.
9. Let you rent certain artifacts (similar to how the artifact bandits work)
10. Runes that change the way certain items look, like weapons, staffs, daggers, etc. Basically let you skin your class weapons with preset descriptions.
11. Arena announcers - when you kill someone in the arena it would broadcast to everyone else in the arena with a stylized/colored text message.
I don't particularly like the idea of offering items that give damage buffs or resistances. I don't really like the arms race that those sort of things create. Player 1 buys new damage buff, player 2 buys resistance buff, we're essentially back to where we were before.
I don't think most of these rewards would impact game balance much at all, and would give people a reason to queue up for arenas. They also feed into other aspects of the game, like curios, ikons, or trying out artis that might lead to a person buying it. Personally, if I knew I could unlock things like this, the first thing I'd do upon logging in would be to queue up.