Curing issue?

edited October 2013 in Combat Logs
http://www.logsty.com/logs/RPxWq

Log kinda says it all.

Comments

• Feel free to explain it anyway...
  • It point blank refused to writhe?
  • All the log really says is that you didn't recognize crucifixion and you don't have affmessages enabled.
  • Caerlyr said:
    It point blank refused to writhe?

Actually, no - you didn't have balance or equilibrium for a loooooong time.

You have recovered balance on all limbs. (11.88s)
    6892h, 8226m, 8205e, 10p, 24900en, 32368w Bexkdbp-(writhe crucifix|succor me)
    The Nil Grim Horror grabs ahold of you with a rotting taloned claw, draining all warmth
    from your body.
    6892h, 8226m, 8205e, 10p, 24900en, 32368w Bexkdbp-
    Your crucified state makes that impossible.
    6892h, 8226m, 8205e, 10p, 24900en, 32368w Bexkdbp-
    You begin to writhe furiously to escape from the iron cross.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I don't get it. Crucify knocked you offbalance, and so the system waited until you got balance back before it attempted to writhe. Kio even pointed out where it immediately tried to writhe the moment you got balance back.

You just got Nihilisted, unfortunately.
  • The second log was me just feeding a trigger. I should have mentioned that.
  • @Kio: Well spotted. Thanks.
  • I'm sorry, but I really don't see the problem here... The second log clearly shows that the system tries to writhe when you're crucified (perhaps too many times though). The first log had you crucified, and it writhed as soon as you got balance to.
  • ^(\w+) grabs some glowing glyphs and throws them at you.$

if ndb.isclass (matches[2], "nihilist") then

mm.valid.simplescabies()

mm.valid.simpleepilepsy()

end

• I am just succoring on the left blackout line at the moment. I've never been a fan of automatically assuming affs, but in this instance....

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks again.
  • Looking over this log still.

http://www.logsty.com/logs/dXZ8y

Just after half way down. What am I doing wrong here? Why did I not cure the epilepsy? (Or the ecto, for that matter).

Thanks.
  • Wasn't the epilepsy cured right after the diag after the blackout?

6892h, 8280m, 8205e, 10p, 24900en, 32400w Bexkdb-
    You are:
    You currently have 6892 out of 6892 health.
    unable to be masochistic.
    covered in ectoplasm.
    infected with scabies mites.
    stricken by the vapors.
    under the influence of a love potion.
    blind.
    deaf.
    suffering from epilepsy.
    an insomniac.
    You have 8 afflictions.
    6892h, 8280m, 8205e, 10p, 24900en, 32400w Bexkdb-
    You concentrate on curing your own nervous ailments.
    Your nerves suddenly calm down. (0.016s)
    6892h, 8010m, 8205e, 10p, 24875en, 32350w Bexkdb-

As for ecroplasm, it seems the system instead of rubbing cleanse tried to heal you using "cure me nervous", which failed because of shackles. Not sure if shackles would've stopped cleanse from working too. When you got free of the shackles, you cured nervous to get rid of epilepsy, and then you got crucified.
  • You did cure epilepsy.  You did not cure scabies (which you have to assume a Nihilist has given you when they hex you, or else you can't cure it in time because of their purgative stack from passive chills; also, check your priorities to makes sure you're prioritizing scabies over sipping fire for the defense).

Without timestamps, no one can tell you exactly why you didn't cure ectoplasm.  However, it looks like you didn't cure it because you were off EQ until less than a second before you got crucified (cleanse requires you to be standing and on EQ/Bal).  You can see where you stand, then succor, then immediately get hit with beast spit and crucify.

The BEST way of dealing with Nihilist hexens is that trigger.  Using ndb, you only assume scabies and epilpesy when a NIHILIST hits with you a masked hex (you can do to the same thing against wiccans, but assume your insomnia defense, quicksilver defense, and anorexia).  Also, you can only whammy/dwhammy with drawn hexes.  So, when they start whammying IMMEDIATELY SHIELD.  This will mess up their rhythm and give you a chance to capitalize.

Another thing you can do is to shift neurosis, beast order spit hadrudin + sleep enchant + pixie hit, then aeon.  The demon will shackle him instead and won't stop until he orders it passive (something he can't do when entangled or off balance).

Also, you're a freaking healer.  There's no reason for you to die to him ever.  Radiate temperature, skin, nervous, and breaks.  A Nihilist has to have you crucified for about 12 seconds.  Healing auras (excluding neurosis) tic once every five seconds.  Radiating those auras, you will never, ever, ever be sacrificed ever.
  • I desperately need to trans healing, granted.
  • Am still getting used to being a spec that's not a stupidly overpowered bard, to be honest. Up until now, I've mostly relied on insanely fast EQ, contort and reflection. It's taking time, but I'm getting there.
  • Caerlyr said:
    Am still getting used to being a spec that's not a stupidly overpowered bard, to be honest. Up until now, I've mostly relied on insanely fast EQ, contort and reflection. It's taking time, but I'm getting there.

Well, you're not really changing much.  Healing, in and of itself, is insanely overpowered.  Just that one skillset can make you unkillable in 1v1.  Instead of having an OP offense, you just have an OP defense.  It's why healers are so dangerous in groups - they are going to MESS YOU UP, and there's little you can do to take them out of the fight.
  • Yeah, I'm doing pretty well in groups, I think. I do feel that most of my issues are just down to the fact that I have not played in so long and using a spec totally unfamilar. Like I say, it's just going to take a little time till all my functions are complete, I trans the essential stuff and finally accept I can't rely on reflect/avoid/contort anymore, heh.
  • http://www.logsty.com/logs/RPxWq has no curing issues. You were crucified and you cannot writhe while you have no balance. Once you recovered balance, the system writhed:

You have recovered balance on all limbs. (11.88s)
    6892h, 8226m, 8205e, 10p, 24900en, 32368w Bexkdbp-(writhe crucifix|succor me)

The liniment check isn't relevant here, although I've fixed it not to go off while crucified anyway.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Kio said:
    ^(\w+) grabs some glowing glyphs and throws them at you.$

if ndb.isclass (matches[2], "nihilist") then

mm.valid.simplescabies()

mm.valid.simpleepilepsy()

end

This is all you need to stop a Hexen Nihilist (though they can still get lucky with contagion/demon).

Mugwump eq makes the recovery time on ectoplasm/crucifix/doublewhammy hard to handle.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Caerlyr said:
    Looking over this log still.

http://www.logsty.com/logs/dXZ8y

Just after half way down. What am I doing wrong here? Why did I not cure the epilepsy? (Or the ecto, for that matter).

Thanks.
    I don't know if you did the Diagnose or if M&M did, but most often then not when blackedout against a Nihilist via vapors, ectoplasm is going to be the follow up. You could just cleanse after most blackouts. Be careful though because Nihilist Champ Pet causes blackout.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Awesome. Thanks so much for all the pointers, guys. Much appreciated.