Descriptions: From Divines to Mortals, and Beasts, and Items, and Mobs, and Places!

1111213141517»

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi Member Posts: 2,520 Transcendent
    About the size of a small melon, this strange ball is incredibly dense, its surface rubbery and rough to the touch. The bumpy skin is earthen in hue, splashed by haphazard streaks of emerald and azure across its bumpy skin that reflect light like lacquer. A strong, inorganic smell comes off of the the sphere, reminiscent of burnt air after lightning. As a testimony to its incredible elastic properties, the irregular ball leaps up into a bounce at the slightest disturbance.
    It is about to decay.
    It weighs about 5 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: ball.
  • HegemoneHegemone Member Posts: 51 Adept
    Do the Keepers of Song (old bard skill tutors) have descriptions anywhere from before They were voices? I know Rhapsody kind of halfway has a description via a statue in Celest but I was curious if there was anything more substantial out there?
  • XeiiXeii Member Posts: 246 Mythical
    @Hegemone I couldn't find anything for Crys except that he was good-looking, apparently, but there is this bit about Jilai in one quest:

Her eyes bright with effervescent life, this trill is but a memory - and yet so perfectly living a memory, vivacious and colourful. She is held aloft by magnificent wings of pure ivory feathers billowing behind her with impossible fragility and grace. Draped across her shoulders, an elegantly styled, if old-fashioned, opera gown sparkling with dusted silver clings to her silhouette, its material decidedly iridescent and luxurious. A classic diadem of ornately wrought sapphire crowns her brow, more stage costume than haute couture in its construction. In contrast, a bewitchingly exquisite pendant hangs about her neck, glowing with Divine power that dwarfs all the loveliness of its mortal vessel. Her rubescent lips part as she sings, each note lingering in the air as a pinprick of bejewelled, crystalline light.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
    Also found another: 

Beautifully pure crystal has been used to craft this elegant plinth, which displays a lifelike hologram of Maestro Jilai Clarramore. A fresh and lively looking trill, this youthful individual is unusually short for her race. Delicate facial features are framed with pale blue feathers that cascade down between tall wings of the same colour. She is clad in an airy white velvet dress of which all the pockets and pouches have been stuffed completely full of unfinished sheet-music. In her spindly arms is cradled her most prized possession, the crystal violin of the accompagnato.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

Question of my own, would anyone happen to have all the versions of Maeve and Laeroc? Normal, Nil-touched, solar queen, and the rest? Most curious about Laeroc.

• EnadonellaEnadonella Member Posts: 454 Expert
    Gleaming with unusual brilliance, silken tresses fall from a regally poised head adorned with a 
    halcyon tiara of wavy rays that artfully keeps the waterfall of aureate hair in place. A stunning 
    copper torc hangs across her otherwise unadorned neck falling deeply enough that is covers nearly 
    all of her torso. Her skirt gleams in blinding whites and yellows of the sun, intensely burning and 
    brightening everything around her. A radiant corona frames her figure which now bears crackling 
    lines that burst with sunlight. Her eyes dare all to defy their Queen from haunted black orbs with 
    luminscent cores surrounded by an aura of intense light.
    It weighs 1 ounce(s).
    It has a master sketch seal attached to it (#200845).
    It has the following aliases: sketch, doodle, sketching.
    I stand by the Oneiroi's decision to pull the book from the public library. I will specifically withdraw the Oneiroi's reason why and replace it with my own words which I've stated to you several times: We reserve the right to pull writings in the public library in our sole and absolute discretion. Any reason given for pulling a public writing is out of courtesy only and not to be taken as a precedent or a rule.
  • XiranXiran Member Posts: 98 Adept
    edited July 2018
    Queen Maeve on the New Moon

Wielding a majestic sceptre, the Queen of the Fae casually fills the room with her shadowy presence.

Silken tresses fall from a regally poised head adorned with a simple crown of 
    rustic thorns; the darkened points artfully keep the waterfall of raven hued 
    hair in place. A stunning onyx torc hangs across her otherwise unadorned neck 
    falling deeply enough that it covers nearly all of her torso with a darkening 
    grace. Eyes of shimmering red dance with an otherworldly knowledge and an aura 
    of purest shadow seeming emanates from her, lacing the surrounding air. 
    Completing the ensemble is a raven hued skirt that envelopes her lower half, 
    hanging down so it continually trains about the ground as she walks.
    Queen Maeve of the Fae does not even register your presence as a threat.
  • KistanKistan Member Posts: 338 Gifted
    Ianir said:
    The real Ghani hasn't been revealed. I will note, however, he was a trill and viscanti did not exist before the Taint Wars. However, knowing what I know, I'm just going to start spreading hype and say this is going to be a real treat for all you description collectors out there.
    Did it ever make it here?
  • IanirIanir Administrator, Moderator Posts: 542 Creator
    Kistan said:
    Ianir said:
    The real Ghani hasn't been revealed. I will note, however, he was a trill and viscanti did not exist before the Taint Wars. However, knowing what I know, I'm just going to start spreading hype and say this is going to be a real treat for all you description collectors out there.
    Did it ever make it here?
    A towering figure of nearly eight feet, Ghani n'Rotri is even wider in wingspan than he is in height. He is a feathered trill soulless demigod, but what plumage he has is twisted and warped. His wings are near-skeletal, possessing only a few soot black plumes, their forms misshapen as if they had frozen partway through melting away. His face, on the other hand, is entirely whole - handsome and proud, with the sort of defined bone structure for which many would kill. It is strangely enhanced by the imposing nature of his figure, as if the contrast made it all the clearer. His eyes are the exception. There is no longer anything trill-like within them; they possess no iris, no pupil, no sclera. Rather, they are a bulging mass of sickly gold run through with cracks of iron grey. As he moves, the cracks shift and change, seeming almost to ooze the surrounding xanthic hue like sickly pus. Looking into them makes the truth of his nature entirely apparent: Ghani n'Rotri is not your average trill. Not anymore.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • KistanKistan Member Posts: 338 Gifted
    Thanks! 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi Member Posts: 2,520 Transcendent
    This luminescent humanoid is tall and gangly, covered from head to foot in short blue fur of various
    shades streaked with stripes of dark green in a wave-like pattern. The creature's eyes are large and
    oval, iridescent with an emerald hue, and glowing faintly with their own light around vertical,
    slitted pupils. Long, coarse strands of dark hair hang down the humanoid's back, tied loosely with
    elastic thread, their tips spiky like barbs. Loose fabrics hang upon the creature's body as clothing,
    shimmering and blending with the environment. Long arms end in slender hands with strong, flexible
    fingers, while the legs appear to be double jointed, built for leaping, with a braided, many-
    stranded tail curled behind. A look of confusion sits upon the humanoid's face, tempered by a base
    of placid calm that gives the creature a sense of agelessness.

A spooked kaelye.
  • TridemonTridemon Member Posts: 671 Fabled
    edited November 2018
    A crystalline knife of radiant light lies here, its shimmering splendour casting an everchanging glow upon its surroundings.

Masterfully crafted from translucent crystal, this knife has been honed to a razor sharp point. No longer than the average dagger, this ethereal knife glows and bubbles with dozens of pinpoints of brilliant light that swirl about in its glassy shell. The crystal at the handle of the blade has been crafted to look like raging waves that crash downward and meld with the perfectly smooth crystal of the blade itself.

a crystalline knife of radiant light
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.