XP counter

https://www.dropbox.com/s/inx7t28pq4jr50q/XP Counter.zip

Figured this could do with a repost as people seem to still be asking what it is and where they can get it. Simply said, this prints out a line when you kill or influence a mob and tries to estimate how much more times you have to repeat that before you level up, what hourly rate you should be getting, and how many hours you need to continue on. It's set to the last x number of mobs, you can edit it as you like if you would like it to calculate differently. It also counts demi essence :)

If anyone has ideas on how to improve it, throw them my way, as long as it is not too massive I can probably put it in there.

PS: Kind thanks to @Morkarion for the Dropbox host.
You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Does it really count Demi Essence? I'm tempted to use this so that when I enter in the mob I'm killing and I want 100m more essence it tells me to go kill 100,000,00 more mobs...and then I go cry in a corner.

Anyway how does this handle fluctuating numbers? I've seen a few mobs that change their output occasionally, mostly like Astral and stuff.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It tracks the essence you gained off your last kill and calculates your average per hour on every update, so if you spend essence or die, you may need to reset it so you aren't calculating the malus.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Wouldn't work for me, I'm unable to gain anything outside of the required 1 per. In any case it's more for others, how would this deal with fluctuating numbers of astral?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Mob by mob basis, least that's how it does mine. While the numbers are varied, you kill enough that it gives you a fair average of your gain/hour ratio.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It takes an average of the x number of last kills. If your last 5 kills were 5s, 4s, 10s, 2s and 3s it would be (5+4+10+2+3) divided by 5, thus average at 4.8 seconds. Also, if you spend 10 minutes afk, that will go into the average, until you make enough kills again that the outlier disappears from the history. For such times you might want to reset it when you come back and have it restart from the next mobs.

It's a prediction tool, not a real history, for that it would need to have a vastly greater history, but then how would it know if you are actively killing or not? I suppose it could be achieved by an on / off toggle, but people are bound to forget about that, so this seemed a far easier way to go about it. I have set it at 10 mobs myself and I will range on regular xp between 8-12% per hour, which tends to mean that after an hour I have just about gained 10%.

You could set it to 50 mobs if you know you will be bashing non-stop and it will be far more accurate. But on the flipside it will take far longer for outliers to vanish from the data. Right now, you need to edit the number in the code, I might eventually put a config in it, but with a little LUA knowledge it is easy to find (it's the line before the table.remove function).
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.