Brewing recipes

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited November 2012 in Q&A
Ok, this is kind of 2 questions in one go.

1. Unless I'm mistaken new brews/wines/spirits recipes can be made for brewmeisters as long as they are submitted as a public design through a cooking cartel, since a brewmeister can not join a cartel, correct?

If so - 2. With regards to wines, would such terms as Pinot or Chardonnay be accepted in wine names?  (I don't know if such things would be considered to "exist" in the basin)
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Well, we have Delport, so you can argue that everything French exists...

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Both Pinot and Chardonnay refer to a kind of grape, not a place, anyways. I'm also fairly sure that champagne is in wide use in Lusternia, and that IS a french place-name! So I see no issues with either of those.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Hmmm true, I should try submitting one, worst thing that can happen is it gets turned down.  Not many wines available for brewmeisters so I figured it might be worth trying to make some more if they are able to be submitted.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2012
    This is a question directed towards the divine - What are the chances of Brewmeisters being given the ability to brew cartel specific wines and spirits? I have seen a number of decent designs around - and would also like to be able to design some private ones, but as it is private designs can only be made by cooks.

I know it seems a little irrelevant but I feel brewmeisters could use some kind of perk, currently Lorecrafters get to make a lot of neat stuff (and have a number of curatives that only they can craft) - it would be nice to have a little more flexibility with beers, wines and spirits. to make up for that fact.  Currently Lorecrafters can make 17 different things, all of which are desired by people wandering the basin as they are required to cure something, while Brewmeisters can only make 8 things - 6 of which are in regular demand and even then it is rather situational (the only teas I have ever seen get regular use are green tea and recently black tea now that it helps against blackouts)  They do have 2 passive abilities, added resistance to gut wounds and blackout resistance, but I think gut wound resistance tends to be incredibly situational, as most blade users tend to aim for the head to try to get a behead as fast as they can.

• Fountains produce cognac as well.  There are a few other things whose names originally referred to a real-world place, though I can't think of them at the moment.