Coding, Combat, and the Works!

edited December 2013 in Q&A
So, I'm returning to Lusternia after a long ways away (never work at McDonald's, mind you all) and I've got a couple common, though personally important questions for all you answer-hounders.

1.) I have always dreamed of being able to do combat. The last time I was able to actually survive in combat for more than two seconds and actually be a part of it was as my level 80 Tahtetso monk; for personal reasons, I'm on an alt and shan't be playing him for awhile. So. I know a combatant needs to probably be around level 70 or so before they're actually termed useful and able to survive in an in-depth raid or whatnot. However, a huge part of being able to keep up with fighting are triggers and alias' and whatnot, so I need to learn how to code. I use MUSHClient, and I'm not very partial to change, so I need a good place to learn Lua. And I need simple terms. The few sites I've browsed literally just start out in coding and don't explain what all the symbols, the way things are spaced and how the actual language works; which, for someone who's a complete idiot with programming, makes it very difficult and very trying to even attempt to follow. 

2.) Secondly, I need good bashing spots. Spots that aren't hunted out constantly. I've been influencing in Tosha, doing Spectres, and Shallach. I've been contemplating doing the UV and running around killing Fisher's and whatnot. Any other spots anyone can think of? I know a few people say to do Duum and the Broadcasting Center, or the Asylum, but I've no idea how to get to either one of those, or even if they're a good option.

3.) Random question. Why on earth do emotes cost balance? Has always made no sense to me, as they're simply for RP purposes.

Ah, yes, and you'll be wanting my stats, I suppose. 

I'm a level 60 (I know, low leveled) human Nihilist, being Mythical in Nihilism, and therefore able to use my Symbol (Gorgulu ftw!) 

Best Answer