Squad-Targetting Trigger/Alias-ness

So, I can't seem to figure out how to make the squad triggers that everyone I know of uses...

Like, if you're following (which I usually am) and your target calls out a specific enemy number, and then everyone else automatically attacks that enemy and keeps attacking it until the leader calls out a different target. In addition, how does one do that as a leader? To me, it seems that they call it out as soon as they enter the room, so I don't know how that works, either....

I'm rather new to using Lua, and as such, I don't know hardly...anything...about coding. I use MUSH, so I'm trying to figure that out, but it's...difficult. 

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Some people have scripts that read the GMCP list of creatures in that room and have code to attack in a priority order, when they do so they have a trigger to call out their target, other people have a trigger to capture that line and target the number (which is set as a variable.)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Hey Jasted - This should get you started.  This is the trigger shell, with the trigger line for numeric target calls.  I don't know how your system sets targets so I have left the body of the trigger empty.  Happy to help you get it going next time we are both on.

http://pastebin.com/nuETJVga

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!