Comments

• I have no idea. I just do.
  • it's just /slightly/ addicting
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    90% RP, 10% watching numbers go up.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited February 2014

• Mostly, I enjoy the extremely immersive atmosphere that this game provides. It's like being in a big ol' fantasy book that's continually being written, and where you can make yourself one of the main characters in its saga.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tavon said:
    I have no idea. I just do.
    I'm kind of here too. Since November now, I've been regularly working six (sometimes seven) days a week, 50-60 hours a week, but I still find time to pop in on mornings and evenings because... well, because.

A lot of it is just habit, but the lore and all forms of mixed up genre infusions did a lot for early establishment. Player connections new and old are probably the most potent force for maintaining interest.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I play for the lore and RP, especially the lore. I love watching worlds being built and unfolding before me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I have played since a few months after the game was initially launched. I have played several other text base and graphical games but always seem to come back to Lusternia. Right now, Lusternia is my only game. I think part of it has to do with the overall story (really wish some of it was filled in better though!), the fact that I can be successful in whatever I want to do really, and the community.

I do think some players have issues but don't we all? It not overly toxic which I have been running into in other games lately. Plus, there are a lot of cool people here I still gotta meet!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• To tell people why the things they wrote are wrong.
  • Because I'm bored.

Also, roleplaying.
  • Certain people are worth the time.
  • I don't really play that much, but when I do, its either because of the people who keep dragging me back, or because I'm horribly addicted to coding, and if work doesn't scratch the itch for a while, playing with lua code does :P
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    It's therapeutic for me, in many ways, and that's why I can't stop playing this game!

I've met a lot of great people who have characters in all orgs, people who are genuinely nice and decent and caring. I don't have many people in my off-computer experiences like this who haven't either moved on with life or been pulled from direct interaction. But when I log in to the game, there are people waiting to greet me, if not my character as well.

Additionally, through Zouviqil, I've been allowed to experience happiness at little things, things in the real world that would make me equally as happy as my character. Things that, given my location and residence, I cannot experience off-computer for many, many reasons, amongst them salvaging what tiny ego I have left.

Of course, the lore, the leveling, the quests, they're all great, too. For me, at the end of the day it's being able to be something closer to the myself I wish I could be, through a textual skin. As long as good-hearted people play this game, I'll come back time and time again, even should my ability to express myself in the off-computer world changes.

That said, much love to the many Lusternians I've met online and in person, thank you for being friendly, nice, and considerate people.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2014
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was first sucked in by the roleplay, and it's what keeps drawing me back. There are so many possibilities that are supported by the histories, lore, and very different orgs and people. I love two people in the same guild can still have unique roleplay and characters, because there is room to have different interpretations of things, for example within the nihilists, my character has been shaped by being a Viscanti serving Nifilhema and Morgfyre, side by side with a mugwump serving Baalphegar and Fain. United in city/guild, yet still very different. I love that there are ways other than being a top combatant to make your mark on the world (books, plays, orders, ministrys, etc).

I love that I can design my own unique items or buy other people's amazing designs, and know that it's all of a high quality thanks to the review system (which can be frustrating to some, but I love the high standard in all of the game writing, from histories to room descriptions to designs.

I love that I can spend the day and feel productive, even if I don't speak to anyone (if I do a lot of hunting or influencing), or even if I do nothing but converse with people.

I ultimately play for the rich, diverse roleplay, and tend to wander away when to me it feels lacking (or maybe I'm just not motivated to make it happen). Good roleplay can be found in lots of places, arguably I feel some games have much better pure roleplay, but none I find compare to the opportunities in Lusternia. It really has the best history and lore of any game I've ever played.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2014
    All trolling aside, I play Lusternia because of the infinite possibilities it holds. The game is much like a Choose Your Own Adventure book with millions of pages you can write yourself. At any point, I can go back to the front of the book and start over, or return to a different version of the book. It's all up to me, and I enjoy every aspect of it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I (used to) play for the combat.

Now I do it out of habit and family ;_;
  • I don't.

I still check back on the forums and sometimes log in though because there are lots of really cool people that play this game.

(Started playing for combat)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited January 2014
    (mudsex)

I suppose I play for breaking quests horribly, exploring, killing things, lore, atmosphere, gods, history, killing things, min/maxing, killing things, having fun chatting with all sorts of people, getting my class nerfed 50+ times, meeting lovely fellow nerds from Lusternia IRL, and also for killing things.
  • I play Lusternia for the fun and the many avenues you can take with it with your character's rp and how the character relate/respond and the interactions that come with it. I personally think that Lusternia has really good potential in the enjoyment of it, but after all, its not fun if no one around you will enjoy it with you as often times, my character remains the lone wolf as he usually is. Though, simply put....I find stimulating is mixing the rp with politics and conflicting pk.

Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."