gold

Please change it so that gathering gold is possible the undervault is great but it's way to risky please make it possible to hunt for gold again.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Bards and scholars, quests, basic hunting and turning in corpses.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • We already have way too much gold in circulation. Let's not make it easier to get it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    UV isn't risky. I could fall asleep gathering gold down there :/ Also there are tons of other gold sources.
  • Well i've tried to hunt down illithoid and mork gets me every single time... I guess I have to time it so he's not around.
  • There's many other options than the Undervault for gold making. Or just be more paranoid and get better at running if you don't want to deal with ganks.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Dysolis said:
    Well i've tried to hunt down illithoid and mork gets me every single time... I guess I have to time it so he's not around.
    That's not an UV problem, it's a common problem in many areas with many people.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Dysolis said:
     I guess I have to time it so he's not around.
    Good luck.

Also the Illithoid are not UV, they're GIP, totally different area. The UV is safe to bash.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Technically, the Undervault is the continent. The tunnels consist of four separate areas on that continent. The prison and the hives are all in the Undervault.

True, but when people talk about the UV they tend to refer to the tunnels. Either way the point is moot, there's plenty of gold out there in different areas.

Also side hint, if you want to try bashing in the GIP and not get caught, stop scrying me just before you go. Like you cannot make it any more obvious what you're about to do.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Begged Daughters on ethereal.  Don't think I hit all of them.  Made 20k.  Wewt.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Remember, gold accumulates so the longer a mob goes without being killed, the more gold it will have. So you can always try a different tactic and look for gold by killing mobs that are a bit lower on the difficulty, or harder to get to, because they will likely have more gold on them as they're bashed less frequently.

• What about making linked mobs drop x amount of gold? Doesn't have to be a high amount.
  • Getting gold in Lusternia is really not a problem for most people. In fact, it's ridiculously easy compared to other games.

No, no and absolutely no.

Have you seen the number of corpses you can generate in a short period of time on Astral?

I'll be blunt and repeat other people in this thread, there is more than enough gold generation in the game that we do not need to flood the economy with more. If anything we need more gold sinks to lower the excess amounts of wealth people currently hold.

• Morkarion said:

Have you seen the number of corpses you can generate in a short period of time on Astral?

I'll be blunt and repeat other people in this thread, there is more than enough gold generation in the game that we do not need to flood the economy with more. If anything we need more gold sinks to lower the excess amounts of wealth people currently hold.
    allow low cost artifact to be bought with gold. it was already defined how much a credit is worth in value of gold so really this cannot hurt the game anymore. I would say anything 100cr or less should also have a gold price to go along with it, that way, it does not fluctuate as the credit market does and you can make an educated decision, either use the credits to get the item or gold.

as for the whole gold thing.. it says anything I can consistently buy 5 credits from market every day at 25k each from what my shop alone brings in. And that is on a slower day. I made almost 600k in my shop the other day, I do not have a to lift a finger for that income. So I can say, work on your trade skills people! you do not have to have a shop but a desired trade skill will always bring you some amount of gold if you regularly offer it to people.

next, is just finding areas people may not think to hunt regularly. Maybe there is something flying above people forgot that are there, take a look, try scaling up in the mountains there are area's with stuff you could probably influence or kill if you really wanted. There are harder to reach places that the effort can pay off. Get out there and explore! Also, remember a LOT of things can be turned in for gold as well, it may be small amounts but every little bit adds up!

oh oh and quests, cannot forget quests! quests have a lump some payout, there are some relatively easy quests out there that have a nice little chunk of change for like 10 minutes of work and you can do them ever 45minutes to an hour.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

Arimisia said:
    Morkarion said:

allow low cost artifact to be bought with gold. it was already defined how much a credit is worth in value of gold so really this cannot hurt the game anymore. I would say anything 100cr or less should also have a gold price to go along with it, that way, it does not fluctuate as the credit market does and you can make an educated decision, either use the credits to get the item or gold.
    This. I've suggested this a few times now. Make Vial/Pipe runes purchasable, same with Lips, L1 cube runes and possibly L1 Life/Magic/Weapon runes.

Give the credit market a ceiling cap and a minimum value, while also letting people use their vast gold sinks for better purpose.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Ew, no. Buy credits like everyone else if you want the artifacts. They are a limited resource, gold is not.

Artifacts for gold available to the public would just raise the floor of entry to pk. No thanks.

• Maybe allow the renting of certain artifacts for gold. Or allow (or change?) certain one-time use artifacts to cost gold.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Protip: the solution to combat disparity between haves and have nots is not giving artifacts to everyone. When curios were sold, it got bananas really fast. SOMEHOW I think artifacts for gold will be the exact same situation.
    Curios went out of whack because they became a RL cash only commodity that gave powerful buffs.

It's not giving artifacts to everyone if you're limiting to the base level and lower priced ones, you're giving people an inroad to character progression without having to shell out a fortune in real life. People can earn progression in a way they can't currently in this broken, gold bloated economy.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Would be better to chuck half of the artifacts/curios/dingbat-thingies altogether. Can't keep raising the ceiling and then wonder why you need a ladder to reach it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Consider, artifacts are supposed to be an added perk, not a basic necessity. When only a handful of players have an artifact, it's something to drool over maybe, but most people don't have it so it's not so hard to still be competitive, with a handful of people having a little advantage. When suddenly the majority of players have said shiny thing, anyone that doesn't is severely disadvantaged. Things got out of hand with curios, and the wheel - the number of people spinning for ever and pulling out ridiculous amounts of credits/dingbats/presents and suddenly going from a few artifacts to being piled high with them, well that pushed the ceiling way up, very fast. Not to mention people were completely spinning their multi-trans artied characters out on the wheel and passing all those free credits, dingbats and presents to other people. Sometimes even one or two lucky people. Those poor people who didn't get near the wheel or have a friend that did? They're still sitting at the bottom of the ladder.

The answer isn't to give everyone a few boosts up the ladder. It's to stop the ceiling getting higher. Nerfing the wheel, while it sucks if you didn't get to benefit, is definitely a good thing. They had to stop selling toruses for goodness sake, because what was supposed to be the ultimate, rare hyper expensive artifact was practically being bought like cheap candy. All because of the wheel and the abused bug on trading in coins. That greed and glut made entry level that much harder to reach. While we can't go back and remove all that excess now, we can sure try and not let it happen again. If the wheel taught us anything, it's that the playerbase will abuse and game the system if they can and to hell with the entry level for being competative in combat. We can't self regulate, so let's not have the opportunity for said flooding to happen again.

If we WERE to ever sell artifacts for gold, I'd support it only for certain things, mostly disposable items like goldenlips, beast regents, perhaps glassworking runes and pipe runes and fesix backpacks (because who doesn't hate everything decaying?). Small things that aren't required at all and don't actually provide any real benefit outside of convenience.

Glassworking/Pipe/L1 cube runes and Fesix packs are all ones that once you have them, you struggle to remember life before them.

With the way the decay mechanics can be an absolute nightmare, they're not entirely essential but QoL goes through the roof with them.

• I don't understand how selling artifacts for gold would really impact availability. Right now, if someone wants to get an artifact with gold, they buy credits off the market and then buy the artifact. But then the gold just goes to someone else, and credit prices get higher as a result (since there are fewer credits, and that person just bought the cheapest ones). If the artifacts were available with gold, they buy the artifacts with gold, the gold is destroyed (taking it out of the economy), and the available supply of credits is unchanged, or maybe even increases if they sell credits to get the gold to buy the artifact.

I mean, I don't see this ever happening, but it seems to me like it'd have the potential to help solve some problems.
  • the thing is, they already gave the value of credits, indirectly through what they did with curious, you can by those packages with either gold or credits. Do the math, you can find out what the value of a credit is. There is no reason the same thing cannot be done to certain low cost artifacts.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Late into this but, Astral actually use to give gold per drops, it was removed BECAUSE it was overpowered. 
  • edited February 2014
    ^

Val and I, and many many others, would sit there all day permalinked. It was insane.