Show me your manse

As I am getting to a point where I want a manse, I've found myself rather stuck on inspiration as to how to shape it. Those of you who have one or perhaps even several manses, please inspire me by showcasing your manse and the things in it. You can post some descriptions, or just explain what it is about if it is rather big. Or do both.
You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Oo, oo. Have I got the room to show you when I get home!
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tacita said:
    NO. DANGER. DO NOT GO INTO THE CURIO LAG ROOM.
    Fixed

Point still stands!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I think that room was posted on the forums about a year ago.

The post is longer than the page size on my laptop.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I doodle and map out every space I build, and think about what my character's lifestyle would be like in the space and how it fits their personality (as well as allows for future growth). I think that's a good place to start with building your manse - who is living in it, what kind of living are they going to be doing in it, etc.

Taisgeal, the Ysav'rai estate, was initially a manor house atop a terraced hill (that merged both Taj's more hoarding crow-like aesthetics with Silf's refined tastes). Founders in the main house, and shared common space, and then future family members could have their own abodes on the terraces in a sort of aether-village-homestead-thing. 

Building a fresh cottage for Tajalli right now, Teallach, and it is a cottage in the middle of a wyrden wood, the stone structure becoming overtaken by roots and rose vines that become part of the architecture. 

My first manse (what Caoch started as before I repurposed it to a ship) was inspired off of birds nests and tunnel spiders, and was a twisting, woven structure that wound about itself kind of like a seashell, the upper floor being Taj's room and filled with all sorts of trinkets and shiny bits she'd hoarded. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    My aethership is supposed to be like an enormous sandstone Indonesian temple, and the overhead map is a mandala shape, but I don't know if it comes across like that. It doesn't help that I've still never finished the verbose descriptions for the outer rings.

The Shevat estate (only one room of which I designed) is basically a big Tudor manor with a library, bathhouse, two crystal gardens, several places for having tea and entertaining guests, labs for all the sciency types, studios for all the artsy types, a couple towers, some outbuildings for the sheep and cows. I love every room, but nothing about it is supposed to stretch the imagination.

One of the more unique concepts I've seen in a manse (keeping in mind that I haven't seen a whole lot of them) is Khydan's ship, inspired by yogic/lowmagic chakras. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have a courtyard (fulcrux room), leading out to a barren field (which has my leather manse gem) or north to a foyer. From there I have an Ouroborian chapel to the west(my throne room), or north to the caves (gem and metal mines), east to the parlor, up to the study, northwest to a few rooms I donated one of my kids (sitting room and bedroom). Leading off the parlor is a glass-walled conservatory (with my aethergarden) and Silvanus' throne room. North of the study is my bedchamber and a caldaria. Up from the study is a shadowy staircase, which opens up to a tower top. If you want any room descs, I'll happily oblige :)

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2014
    This was a manse I was working on once, never finished, and might scrap and repurpose:

Dream-touched hills.
    A dream-like mist washes over this scenic expanse, adding a certain heaviness to the air and only slightly subduing the sense of cheeriness. Enormous verdant hills roll for unimaginable distances, their surfaces sprinkled with the pale pink of fallen cherry blossoms. A pathway winds downward from this high peak towards the breathtaking valley below, bordered on each side by orchards of ever-blooming cherry and pear trees. With the passing of the wind, petals are sent hurtling into the air in a mesmerising dance, while songbirds take delight in joining this performance, singing their serenades of happiness and love. In the far distance, a crystal sea sparkles and gleams against the backdrop of a dusk-coloured sky, its surface placid and resplendent. The mist thickens as the hills descend and become more distant and only the uppermost branches of the tallest trees peek out and give reassurance that there is far more land to explore beyond the obscured outskirts. A floral fragrance occasionally rushes past the area before slowly dying down to a nearly imperceptible leafy scent.

and then the second room was meant to have a hobbit-inspired house you could go into:

Climbing down a flowery path.
    Covered lightly with a vibrant assortment of fallen petals, a beautiful pathway snakes through the verdant green hills for miles and miles until it disappears into the gradually thickening fog in the distance. Carved directly into the hillside is an impressive display of architecture, a humble dwelling built almost entirely out of polished mahogany wood. The exterior features a large, round wooden door at the front with a tiny peep-hole, a gleaming golden knob and a slightly faded engraving at the top that reads 'Home'. Upon the wooden walls are many small totemic carvings of woodland animals, drawn to give the impression that they are hanging from or playing upon the corners of the door and window sills. The house is flanked by bowed cherry trees, whose branches drape over the roof and litter pale pink petals upon the doorstep and front garden.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    This is the central room, of which the rest of the manse forms around.

A peaceful glade.
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Trees thrive here, encircling the wide glade, their immense trunks giving an impression of age and majesty. Only one tree grows within the glade itself-- a massive Ravenwood which stands proudly in the center, its branches thick and concealing. A carpet of soft grass covers most of the ground in the open space, though a few large rocks break the surface, their tops worn flat and smooth and kept meticulously clean. This affords ample space for one to rest and relax, choosing either the soft comfort of the grass or the smooth surface of the rocks depending upon personal taste. A small segment of the glade has been turned into a miniature garden, in which grows violet irises and well-tended rosebushes arranged in tidy rows. The fragrance of the flowers permeates the air with a heady aroma. A brilliant white rose, a vibrant sunflower, a cool tulip of dusk, an entrancing red rose, a striped orchid, a yellow lily, a purple tulip, a tiger lily, a delicate iris, a bright yellow rose, a bright red poppy, and an elegant pink rose blossom within a beautiful, lush garden.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Tacita's manse is primarily a forest made up of willow trees and ravenwoods. There is one giant weeping willow tree that dominates the centre of it, and a treehouse has been built within the branches of it (this is her bedroom). Off to the north is a cavern which has been turned into a library, whilst to the northeast is a small glade used for prayer and meditation which has a sort of 'shrine' to two Elders within it. The southeast has a natural pool which Ilistala likes splashing people in, and past that is the bit of woodland that belongs to Kethaera.

I've left it deliberately a bit vague so that I can expand on it however/whenever I like. There's no mention of borders or boundaries to anything, essentially, and the nature of the setting means I can easily extend out from pretty much anywhere (bar the treehouse, which was always going to be a sort of set piece).
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    My manse is an Escher drawing. I feel like it's a good way to keep it interesting in spite of being small.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I will post my manse name as I get home from work. :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Awesome, thanks for sharing, I am feeling inspired already. I think I am going to take some inspiration from @Nocht's temple, and have each room be a floating platform but with its own theme, with a central hub in the middle. Each platform will be a sort of area on its own dedicated to some aspect or role (sort of like @Lavinya's), and the layout will give me plenty of room to begin with. I will start each platform off as just one room and then maybe expand as I go along. I really love the Temple rooms where crystals and Wyrden nature merge, so I will put in plenty of that. Think I'll go reread all the Temple rooms soon for additional inspiration.

And yes, if anyone has a manse that is public and open for visit, do post. I'll come visit :D 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • My rather boring public manse is Exhibit. I made it to showcase the old curios; not sure how much it's visited these days though, but the curios are still there for everyone to see.
  • Here's my fail attempt at starting on a manse that Rykinia's dad gave to her (Literally my first time designing anything that wasn't equipment Q_Q) - It's her bedroom / regeneration room.

A concealed grove of twisted briars. (24344)
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A feeling of weight permeates this
    area, stemming from the combination of tightly twisted, packed together vines and low light
    conditions. The ground of the grove feels soft to the touch, an almost moss-like texture covering it
    whilst the ceiling looks as if the vines were trimmed to give it a smooth surface. Stray vines
    dangle from above, swaying idly back and forth and look to be connected with magically empowered
    stones, all varied in colour and providing the small amounts of light that illuminate the area. A
    soft padded rocker upholstered in black velvet rests here. A curtained four-poster bed fitted in
    rich sapphire blue stands here. Soft black velvet covers this low-lying couch, its plump cushions
    appearing quite inviting. Lying flat on the ground is a key-shaped sigil. A sigil in the shape of a
    small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
    You see a single exit leading out (closed door).
  • My manse is super private but I wanna share three rooms from it.
    First, the fulcrux, the manse is a series of cave systems in an active volcano.
    The Central Fire. (an aether manse) [31389]
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. Upon entering this cavern, one is struck by its magnitude. Widely spaced walls stretch up and in to form a high, rough ceiling, which is streaked with ash and cracks. The center of the room is dominated by a massive, ever-burning magma pool, which periodically bubbles and spews tall gouts of flame. Thin, dark tendrils of smoke rise from the pool and curl their way to the ceiling, eeking out through cracks. Tunnels have been carved into the sides of the room, while the walls are carved with small recesses to serve as benches.

Then, the throne room:
    A Mosaic Lined Throne Room. (an aether manse) [31606]
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. Upon exiting the tunnel, you find yourself standing in circular room, the ceiling and floor smoothed and polished. A bright mosaic covers the walls, portraying the defenders of Gaudiguch. Forming the front row of the Mosaic are the proud and tough Templars, their armor and weapons made with gleaming hematite. Standing along side them are the potent Pyromancers, dressed in red and wreathed in flames. Behind the front row, the Illuminati peer out over hordes of strange beasts from beneath their shadowy, hooded robes. Scattered throughout the ranks are the nimble and spirited Minstrels, strumming on their lyres and lutes, surrounded by illusions. The city of Gaudiguch towers above the figures in the mosaic, with the Grand Pyramid set in the very center. The Great Drachou sits atop it, glaring down at those who step into the room. A grand scorpion throne towers here, cut wholly from black jade. Floral, colourful and sweet-smelling, an attractive poppy throne has been erected here.

Those two I help is designing from Alary's ex-husband. This next room I did entirely myself and is her meditation/hiding room. The door perms are her alone.
    A Humble Meditation Chamber. (an aether manse) [36172]
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. This room has an air unlike any other of the rooms in the winding cavern. The feel of the room is mysterious, but calming. Opening the overhead down gives you a glimpse into the bowels of the room. Attached to the door is a wooden ladder, not very large, but also, not very small. The walls have been smoothed down perfectly, the room forming an orb like shape with a flattened bottom. The light from the door does not illuminate the entire room, but the feel lets one know the room is massive. Light, airy sounds can be heard, from sources unknown. The floor, smoothed down as well, is covered in a layer of fine sand. The finest sand one has ever seen, an unusual sand, of a deep crimson colour. Somehow, air moves within the cavern, but one cannot tell from which direction it hails. Symbols and footprints leave marks in the sand, but one cannot pinpoint their origin. Sometimes, a low moaning can be heard from within the walls. At other times, a high keening. Sound does not echo in this cavern, no, sound is muffled. Like some mysterious creature or formless beast dampens the very airwaves.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • edited March 2014
    I never saw the point of designing rooms in a manse if you're going to make it private anyway...Could various peoples enlighten me as to why?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Just because the manse isn't open to the general public doesn't mean you don't invite people into it. I love to use my parlor for general chitchat and meetings and such. And I've had Nadira (Morgfyre priest) drop in on me in my manse...would be odd to serve tea in a boring room that needs changing >_>

• For the e-peen. You make a perfectly beautiful sandcastle in the air and admire it for yourself. To be more crude, for masturbatory purposes.

• edited March 2014
    Because it is fun? It seems no different to me as people building something in a private game of Minecraft. Plus, you can then come to a thread like this and show off your writing :D I think it can also help in character building, as it will get you think about your character and what suits them.

Edit: Actually, I feel this goes for a lot of things in the game. Unlike a graphical game, people don't really see things -unless- they go looking for it, like say inspect what someone's description is or what tattoos they got visible or what outfit they have. So by that logic, you could just not bother with all of that. Yet people do. It's easy to play the game and never really look closely, I've not read the descriptions for most rooms, but they are there because someone may be interested in them.  
  • Marcella said:
    I never saw the point of designing rooms in a manse if you're going to make it private anyway...Could various peoples enlighten me as to why?
    Actually, for a lot of us it is a simple matter of roleplay-realism.

Walk into any room in your house. There's stuff there right? Paint on the walls, something on the floor, etc.  The rooms in a manse are the same thing. Your character 'lives' in that place. So it has decorations, it has a floor, etc etc. It's all a matter of flavor and texture in the game.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Mmmmm I guess I'll give a sneak peek of our project

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    What is it?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    An unfinished Aetherbasin? We're still drawing the map out. It takes a bit of time. Even what you see isn't finished yet.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Hope you're not planning to describe every room in there with a unique desc, that would just be pure insanity.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    edited March 2014
    Every single room is getting a unique desc and room title. (Estimated about 6mil gold I believe for project) however there are obviously main walkways which will have the same desc's, just like the highways in the actual basin.
  • Oh wow. I'm blown away by just the map.
  • Munsia said:
    Every single room is getting a unique desc and room title. (Estimated about 6mil gold I believe for project) however there are obviously main walkways which will have the same desc's, just like the highways in the actual basin.
    6 million just to describe and name rooms. we have put well over 70 million  into it already + quite a number of artifacts. Not sure if we are done with those yet or not.  would love to be able to get sub-shops to be able to rent out to people and stuff like that, actually achieve the aether city goal so many people have tried and not quite achieved int he past.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

edited March 2014
    Arimisia said:
    Munsia said:
    6 million just to describe and name rooms. we have put well over 70 million  into it already + quite a number of artifacts. Not sure if we are done with those yet or not.  would love to be able to get sub-shops to be able to rent out to people and stuff like that, actually achieve the aether city goal so many people have tried and not quite achieved int he past.
    Aether Basin. Deepnight was a 'city' this thing is larger than every single city in the game put together in the end.

However, no. We are not done with artifacts. If we're gonna toot our horn here, after we've finished allocating every single room, we're going to add in the correct terrains as well. I've contacted Divine in the past about this project and a handful at the time did say they would even have their Orders design the temples we are creating within. Every single Divine in the game (inactive and not) is being allocated 3 rooms in the proper areas. 

A side note, if any Divine are interested in that still if they could send me a message on the forums, I'd be delighted to add them to my list...otherwise we are going to either make generic rooms (Not wanting ruin the image of them) for said Divine, or in the case of inactive Divine, find prestigious past Order Members to design. (IE: Eventru, Elostian, etc)