Honouring our fallen heroes

Great Rockholm Gate. (road).

There are 2 eye sigils here. There are 2 key-shaped sigils here. A sigil in the shape of a small,

rectangular monolith is on the ground. There are 25 Sentinel Deputy Commissars here. There are 25

Guardians of the Dodecahedron here. Snarling and slavering, a massive dark violet rage worg with

wings of mist and shadow waits here. Primus Vivet Pavok is here. She wields an amethyst domothean

scalpel in her left hand. Orbiting around her head are several spinning crystals. A solstice dragon

lies coiled here, blowing puffs of red and green smoke. Emilia, Cadenza Harmonia is here. She wields

a wooden lute in her left hand. Her hands covering her eyes, the statue of a winged, crystal woman

bows her head here, weeping.

Ciaran kneels onto one knee, demonstrating his humility and respect.

Ciaran Pavok says, "I would like to first say thank you, to all the people that have gathered here today. To remember the heinous act of the newly ascended Karlach."

Ciaran Pavok says, "I am angry, I am spiteful, but I am here to remember those who perished for the collective."

Ciaran Pavok says, "Even one of my own died defending the gates of Rockholm."

Ciaran Pavok says, "Trillallalone Pavok, a proud Sentinel Deputy Commissar."

Ciaran Pavok says, "He was a humble servant of the collective, but he was more than that."

Ciaran Pavok says, "He was always a handsome young man, I remember seeing those bright green eyes taking in the world, ever vigilant."

Ciaran Pavok says, "He is survived by his now widowed wife, Evalena."

Ciaran Pavok says, "She is so stricken by grief that she cannot be here today."

Ciaran Pavok says, "We often forget that our actions have consequences."

Ciaran Pavok says, "We stride through the basin, casting off lives into the abyss."

Ciaran Pavok says, "We idolize, and reward such beasts as Karlach, who kill wantonly, and destroy families."

Ciaran Pavok says, "But Trillallalone! He was my kin! He was a baker! Never again will I taste his oatmeal cookies. Never again will he wink at me as he slips me some extra cookie dough."

You sniffle softly.

Ciaran Pavok shudders suddenly, as if all the energy had rushed from his bones.

Ciaran Pavok says, "I will not stand for this."

Ciaran Pavok says, "I will not forget."

Ciaran Pavok gets down on his hands and knees, planting a kiss on the blood caked ground.

Ciaran drops a tiger lily.

Arsalil takes a deep breath before beginning to speak.

Ciaran nods his head at you.

You say, "Volashin was one of my favourite guards, a proud Guardian of the Dodecahedron."

You say, "He was a huge seafood fan and loved to go crabbing in Toronado Tidal Flats on his days off. He could also throw an axe from 300 yards away and hit the target perfectly."

Vivet drops a cluster of snapdragons.

You say, "He leaves behind his wife of 13 years, Nelotra, and two young daughters."

You say, "May they find peace in knowing that he died defending a village for the city he loved the most."

You give a pained sigh.

Placing a flower on the ground, you whisper, "For the collective."

You drop a tiger lily.

Ciaran nods his head at Vivet.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Commissar Beton Whitewing was a discreet family friend, who managed documentation copying and transcription of company records for the Sentinels. His attention to detail and efficacy shall be missed."

Elanorwen clears her throat.

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "I'm usually not one for much words, as people know."

Ciaran Pavok says, "Very well, I don't hold any one member of the collective above another. I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but every member of this collective is valued. Trillallalone, Beton, Volashin, are only three among 35 that gave the ultimate sacrifice."

Ciaran drops a tiger lily.

Ciaran drops 31 purple tulips.

Ciaran nods his head at Elanorwen.

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "Lerana Featherplume was not well-known among the commissars. She always kept her head down and rarely put herself forward, except in combat, where she always tried to be at the front, to try and take or deflect the blows that were meant for her comrades."

You nod solemnly.

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "Perhaps it was her shy nature, or the fact that she was so selfless that drew my attention to her, and so I endeavoured to become her friend."

Showing that he understands, Ciaran nods his head slowly.

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "On the day before her demise, I spoke with her about food, and she mentioned that she simply loves deviled eggs... but that she can't eat them because they upset her stomach. I wish I had told her to indulge while she still could."

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "I did not bring a flower, but I did bring something that she will likely find holds more value to her. I hope that wherever she is now... she can have all the deviled eggs she resisted eating."

Elanorwen drops a platter of devilled eggs.

Elanorwen gives the world a smart salute.

Ciaran nods his head at Elanorwen.

Ciaran Pavok says, "I hope that I can give the Collective as much as these brave souls have. If there is no more left to be said, let us go, and do the work that is set before us."

With a flourish of his arm, Ciaran bows deeply.

Vivet nods solemnly.

Arsalil quickly wipes away the tears left in her eyes.

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hallifax, oh Hallifax, how I love you. I really need to infiltrate you more. Much love for this!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    Shocked that Someone's actually a nerd?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Don't blink!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Hang on a minute....

<picture removed for size>

:-O
    You slip into a crystal-beaded stole of rose quartz and violet velvet.
    As the velvet stole brushes against your shoulders, your very flesh pales and begins to crystallise; transformed, your skin shines as unblemished,  porcelain gemstone, held aloft by wings of unfurled stone. Thus sculpted by the hands of She Once Called Compassion, myriad sorrow, joy, and  rage suffuses your being; overwhelmed, your hands seek to veil your eyes, completing your transformation into a statue of a weeping angel.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daraius said:
    Shocked that Someone's actually a nerd?
    No, more that we've discovered Hallifax is truly the realm of all the strange strange creatures.

As the best dressed man in Hallifax, you clearly need a sonic Tahto.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• This is SO cute. I can't even stand it. :3