Fae language

TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
Anyone know of any big books o' Fae words that exist in any libraries?  Or heck, just have a list saved in a file?  I wouldn't mind starting to incorporate more into Tark's daily usage, but finding them is like pulling teeth.

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Rancoura had a list. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    PM sent, let's see if I get a bite. Worst case scenario, I start borrowing from Gaelic and sperethial and make it canon.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I'd be wary of doing that because there -is- canonical Fae out there, we just don't have access to it. I've been collecting bits and pieces of it for a long time now for a project, but I haven't got much that's concrete (for example I have pairs of words where I know the translation but I don't know which word is which!).
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    If anyone wants help decoding existing faetongue, I may be of some use.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    FYI the serenguard's guild emote is from old Gaelic and it is specifically said to not be the fae tongue.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Yeah, @Tarkenton. I saw Rancoura's list. I think it was in some clan, too. Is it not in the High Coven?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I am unable to edit my post from my phone for sone reason. Anyway, I remember it now. @Rancoura‌ had it in her journal!

#bringShikariback 

• Incidentally, I have said journal. Talk to me ICly. Though word of warning, the final page, which is arguably the "big list" may or may not be things Rancoura made up on her own. I'm fairly certain this journal came from a point a looooooong time ago when the SD's were trying to build a fae language. Like Taci said though, there is a pre-existing fae language (as fae words have come out in events and in interactions with gods), so probably I would suggest talking to a NPC of note (Rowena, Lhiannan, Maeve) or an actual God to get a hint on the word or words you're looking for, or a complete dead end, depending on your luck!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Ooooooh, that explains why I couldn't get hold of it when I tried! You may get multiple people bugging you >.>
    Rancoura showed it to us way, way, waaaaaaaaaay back. I vaguely recall her saying that the big list is partly improvised, but hopefully she logs in so we can verify this. :)

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura sent me her list, minus the "secret" parts. We really know so very, very little fae.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Everiine said:
    Rancoura sent me her list, minus the "secret" parts. We really know so very, very little fae.
    @Everiine... we love you...

Share with us?