Buying your Aethergoop!

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
I'm seeking to purchase Aethergoop on a specific character, and only really need ten, to reskin a nose (200 credits?). Here's how it works:

You buy 200 credits on my character. I give you your credits from the purchase plus the ten percent I get from being a member, -plus- another 25 credits in a day or two when I get paid. If you're interested, pm me here.
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    I'm seeking to purchase Aethergoop on a specific character, and only really need ten, to reskin a nose (200 credits?). Here's how it works: You buy 200 credits on my character. I give you your credits from the purchase plus the ten percent I get from being a member, -plus- another 25 credits in a day or two when I get paid. If you're interested, pm me here.
    I'm pretty sure it says in the help file that you're not supposed to give the 10% to other people (they don't want one person to buy elite and everyone else to pile on that).  Just a word of caution!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've never read that, and I'm pretty sure that particular issue isn't going to happen anyway :|
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    This is the part that was sticking in my mind (it is discussing attaching other players' characters to your account so that they can share in the benefits specifically though, I just interpreted the credits as part of the rewards that should not be shared):

Seconds Abuse:
    Remember that we track characters if they are logged in at the same
    time from the same registration. So if you plan on switching all your
    friends to the same email addy, you will effectively be limiting them
    to never being able to play at the same time. Additionally, you will
    never be able to move them off the same registrations, which will give
    them the ability to change the registration info and effectively steal
    all your characters. Not to mention we will permanently block the
    accounts and characters of people found to be cheating.

In short, do not try to abuse this, we will find out pretty quickly.

Considering you can sell the 10% extra or give them away, I'm pretty sure that isn't what that part of HELP ELITE means :)
    Shaddus said:
    Considering you can sell the 10% extra or give them away, I'm pretty sure that isn't what that part of HELP ELITE means :)
    You can sell or give away the bonus from being a mentor too, but they really object to you giving those credits to the person who you have mentored (or at least they did, this was a big deal a number of years ago and they were pretty adamant that it was against the entire point).
  • Since this is supposed to be a one-off thing and not something systemic, I suspect they won't mind. Unless we keep arguing about it and force them to take notice and do Something Official.
    Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

You can sell or give away the bonus from being a mentor too, but they really object to you giving those credits to the person who you have mentored (or at least they did, this was a big deal a number of years ago and they were pretty adamant that it was against the entire point).

Mentor credits have been bound for a while though.

Apparently I actually need 30 goop. Offer still stands.
  • I had always thought the extra 10% credits were bound, just like membership credits, mentor credits, city credit sale credits and nearly every other source besides the credit market and buying them off the website.
    Nope