Ubuntu Mushclient with wine questions

MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
Anyone familiar with Mush and Wine?

When I load Mushclient it says DDE error but doesn't seem to effect anything

And when I click 'save' I think i set the save point at the wrong place because it says the save state at home is impossible to do...so errors out for plugins

Otherwise everything is working quite great, these things are just annoying and I was wondering if there's a fix. 

Comments

• MUSHclient is incredibly old, in terms of software, and it still uses some old Windows functions, especially for file system stuff. Wine doesn't cover all of those functions completely, so you will notice issues like this on any version. Also, I hear that the text processing lags substantially with the extra layers of API.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited June 2014
    This is kinda what I'm stuck with for a few days I think. Is there a way to change the location of save state plugin? I can't figure it out. 

Also I don't notice the lag too hard. It happens if I hold the enter key down hard it piles up but if I do the normal steady enter it's fine. 70mb internet helps I guess? 
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    Soooo bump, because I still need to know how to MANUALLY move the savestate. I routed it when I first downloaded Mushclient and my system on accident, and I need to do it again, but can't figure it out for the life of me how to move it for what it want's internally. 
  • edited July 2014
    There is, strangely, no way to set this from within MUSHclient after it's been set. However, it can be changed, and since you're on Ubuntu, it should be far easier than otherwise. Close MUSHclient. Open a terminal and navigate to the directory the MUSHclient executable is in. There should be a file here called mushclient_prefs.sqlite. MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS! Type "sqlite3 mushclient_prefs.sqlite" (if it returns that there is no such command, type "sudo apt-get install sqlite3" and try again). This should give you a new prompt. Type the following:

UPDATE prefs SET value='/your/Directory/Here/' WHERE name='StateFilesDirectory';

(As a note, I would double-check the directory format, since I am unsure how WINE handles this in all honesty. You can do such before entering the previous command by typing SELECT * FROM prefs WHERE name='StateFilesDirectory'; )

Once you've updated the value, assuming you got no error, simply type '.quit' (without quotes) and start MUSHclient again. If something goes wrong, restore the backup and try again.

EDIT: If my instructions are difficult to follow or vague, tell me. Not exactly all here right now in my head, so I know I sometimes make no sense. If need be, I can rewrite them or upload a video tutorial on all of this.
  • Alright, walked Munsia through it properly, here's the full list of steps to fix the plugin state issue under WINE:

1. Close MUSHclient, open terminal
    2. cd /home/<your username here>/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)\MUSHclient\
    3. sudo apt-get install sqlite3
    4. sqlite3 mushclient_prefs.sqlite
    5. UPDATE prefs SET value='C:\Program Files (x86)\MUSHclient\worlds\plugins\state\' WHERE name='StateFilesDirectory';
    6. .quit
    7. Reopen MUSHclient. It should be fixed.
    8. Go kill some Celestians.