Phlegmatic and curing order

ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
After a recent minor scuff on the Astral plane, I ended up noticing that aeon stuck way too long. Granted, I had asthma, anorexia and aeon, but when reviewing the log a bit later, I noticed that I had aeon... yet phlegmatic cured the shyness affliction first? I am not certain how that makes any sense on any level, but thought I'd ask.

Is shyness really at the top of the cure list for phlegmatic purgative, even above aeon?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

Best Answers

Answers

• Isn't what affliction a herb cures random if there are multiple afflictions it cures? Thats the point of stacking same-cure afflictions.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited June 2014
    Certain afflictions are at the top of the priority list - like anorexia is cured first by smoking coltsfoot. As it should be with aeon and phlegmatic as aeon is possibly the most debilitating affliction that is cured with that particular purgative.

EDIT: This is most certainly a recent change too, so I'm leaning toward it being unintended consequence of something else.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Iasmos said:
    Phlegmatic is, and always has been, random in what it cures.

Coltsfoot is, and always has been, random, except that insomnia is removed only if you have no afflictions for it to cure.
    Testing just now, phlegmatic cured aeon before shyness 2 out of 2 times. Now, unless I'm misinterpreting the RNG... or that aeon has a very high probability to be cured first and I just got an unlucky hit there... I have yet to see anything be cured by phlegmatic before aeon... because if that were the case, people would be doing their best to stack phlegmatic afflictions when they aeon, but I have yet to hear anyone even make a mention of such a tactic. Everything is about slit throat, anorexia or throat lock to try and prevent the phlegmatic sip as opposed to stacking shyness, void or weakness in an attempt to prevent the aeon from being cured going with that angle.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The chance of phlegmatic curing shyness before Aeon after doing it once already is just 1:2. Do it ten times and see how it cures.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Iasmos said:
    Phlegmatic is, and always has been, random in what it cures.

Coltsfoot is, and always has been, random, except that insomnia is removed only if you have no afflictions for it to cure.
    Testing just now, phlegmatic cured aeon before shyness 2 out of 2 times. Now, unless I'm misinterpreting the RNG... or that aeon has a very high probability to be cured first and I just got an unlucky hit there... I have yet to see anything be cured by phlegmatic before aeon... because if that were the case, people would be doing their best to stack phlegmatic afflictions when they aeon, but I have yet to hear anyone even make a mention of such a tactic. Everything is about slit throat, anorexia or throat lock to try and prevent the phlegmatic sip as opposed to stacking shyness, void or weakness in an attempt to prevent the aeon from being cured going with that angle.
    because two times is a totally valid sample size

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    I'm pointing out that your sample size isn't valid (albeit sarcastically) and it get's flagged.

The thing about stacking phlegmatic is that it's not the only aeon cure, you have reishi too, and it's not hard to leave a few outrifted to cure. 

This is also why it's all about anorexia/slitthroat/windpipe/throatlock whatever, because the only cures are edible ones and it blocks them all, in a guaranteed block way, not a random RNG way. and then blocking those cures makes it even better!

You continually talk and complain about things that you don't seem to actually understand fundamentally, so before running to the complain because your two tests didn't give you desired results (two tests that each had a 50/50 chance to cure aeon first), actually carry out legitimate testing. 
    Was your previous post productive? No. It wouldn't have been flagged if you had bothered to answer the question rather than simply posting for the sake of trying to annoy me.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    I'm pointing out that your sample size isn't valid (albeit sarcastically) and it get's flagged.

The thing about stacking phlegmatic is that it's not the only aeon cure, you have reishi too, and it's not hard to leave a few outrifted to cure. 

This is also why it's all about anorexia/slitthroat/windpipe/throatlock whatever, because the only cures are edible ones and it blocks them all, in a guaranteed block way, not a random RNG way. and then blocking those cures makes it even better!

You continually talk and complain about things that you don't seem to actually understand fundamentally, so before running to the complain because your two tests didn't give you desired results (two tests that each had a 50/50 chance to cure aeon first), actually carry out legitimate testing. 
    Was your previous post productive? No. It wouldn't have been flagged if you had bothered to answer the question rather than simply posting for the sake of trying to annoy me.
    Is it productive to make inconclusive tests and decide they actually have conclusions that matter? No, but I didn't flag your post, I pointed out the fallacy in your testing ;) 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    If I recall correct, passive cures like drink are not random either. Or at least that's what memory tells me. I vaguely recall some tests with bardic aurics and drink always curing the last applied. I assume the others work like that too.

Or I made this all up. I dunno.
  • For bardic auric afflictions power barbs is intended to cure last. I don't know of any other intentional cure order associated with them though.

In general, the order in which lusternian affliction are cured is random. There are some exceptions though.