Influence Tattoos

Does anyone actually have +influence tattoos? I'm trying to get a feel if it's actually worth it and every last detail is hidden so it's impossible to actually determine if something is even working, let along how valueable it is. Last I heard Tau issued herself to ask, but I never heard anything back.

Thanks

Comments

• It's possible to get tattoos?
  • yep. As your friendly local monk clan. chances are -someone- is able to tattoo

is dead like the dodo
  • The way I've heard it is that if all you do is influence, then it might be worth putting 500 weight (assuming you want 100 of each tattoo type) towards influencing... but that's 500 out of 780'ish (can't remember the exact number). Not really awesome if you do other things and want DMP/damage boosts.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited June 2014
    It's not like you need a full compliment of resistance tattoos, you can afford to drop one or two for influence tattoos if they are worth it.

Really you just need Interference, Damage Boost, and a Fire resistance tat (assuming you are raja like every other warrior).

Edit: To Brona, you'll want at least Interference, Power, Excorable Damage boost, Divinus damage absorption
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I was referring to the lack of tattoo artists.
    That sounds like a personal problem.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited June 2014
    I have an empowering tattoo. I think every little bit helps, and I went with empowering as I do it most. I also have an empowering rune and my beast trained in it. Every bit counts :)

Ah poopsicles. The sad part is, I haven't even played any other IRE than Lusternia in a long time. I'm just brainwashed into thinking every Warrior/Knight is rajamalan (Aslaran).
  • Silvanus said:
    Ah poopsicles. The sad part is, I haven't even played any other IRE than Lusternia in a long time. I'm just brainwashed into thinking every Warrior/Knight is rajamalan (Aslaran).
    Lies!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I remember being told that a full weight influence tattoo is equal in effect to a rune of the same type. Whether or not that is worthwhile to you is another story.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You can always email support/issue yourself to find out!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Four or five tattoo artists right now in Ninjakari who're active. Could always try... I don't know... Asking them.

(For reference: Me, Nayl, Kaina, Rastamutti, Sahmiam can all do them. No artifact needle, though.)
  • I have tattoos.  Just pointing out that when I typically look for a ninjakari when I'm online there are none.  Maybe they really are ninjas and just that good at hiding?  Or maybe they are all on a different playing time availability than I am.  No idea.
  • edited July 2014
    Xeria is a tattoo artist. Her rates are quite reasonable.

24 000 gold for an hour of her time. This includes consultation on tattoos and commodity gathering.

So if you're organized, the price tag goes down. .

a full body session = 2 hours. 

a chest/back tattoo = 10 minutes = 4000 gold each of pure tattooing. 

No enemies or abominations.

on the southern alliance side, you can talk to @Hiriako but I hear his rates are higher than Xeria's
    is dead like the dodo
  • I've never charged for a tattoo on any of my three tattooing alts
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone have the artist and victim tattooing lines?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Applying:
    Rastamutti lays out his inks and scrubs the skin on your legs. Rubbing his hands together until his fingertips glow, Rastamutti picks up a needle and begins meticulously inking the outline of the tattoo.

Rastamutti continues to ink your tattoo, and the pain is so great that you find yourself gritting your teeth. (spam x zillion)

Rastamutti makes the final passes over the tattoo on your legs, and then lays his hands over the glistening ink. A sudden flash of light leaps from Rastamutti's hands into the tattoo, causing the inks to churn and waver before settling into the image of winding amaranths growing from under the skin.

Removing:
    Rastamutti scrubs the skin on your legs. Rubbing his hands together until his fingertips glow, Rastamutti picks up a small scalpel and syringe and begins meticulously scraping away the tattoo.

Rastamutti continues to scrape away at your tattoo, and the pain is so great that you find yourself gritting your teeth. (spam x zillion)

Rastamutti scrapes away the final edge of the tattoo on your legs, and then lays his hands over your bloody skin. A sudden flash of light leaps from Rastamutti's hands into your tattoo, causing the blood and inks to sizzle and smoke until the image of winding amaranths growing from under the skin fades completely away.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The messages are goofy, what is he doing the whole time you're being forced into pain, if all the work appears to happen in the last moment during the flash of light?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I think he takes off the top layers of skin, then draws the ink out from the base.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!