Demmonic bundle

edited December 2012 in Mechanic's Corner
Is it broken permanently/just not working with updates to Mudlet or LUA changes? I can't get the influencer to work. (and yes I've tried the standard reinstall/redownload/check for disabled triggers/etc)

Comments

• http://code.google.com/p/mudlet-packages/downloads/detail?name=Demonnic-v2.2.xml&can=2&q=

Try the newer version. If I get time this christmas to MUD some I'll make sure it's still working, as I haven't logged in for awhile. But it worked off of gmcp rather well when I was using it a few months back.
  • Tried the new version, the influencer didn't work.

Also, if we want to make a donation, send the credits to Cern?
  • Yes please. I'll try to log on later tonight and see what's blocking the influencer up. Are you getting any errors in the error console? What version of Mudlet are you using? 
  • Mudlet 2.0 test 4. And nothing about errors console. When influencing, it will use the first attack, then stop, for instance with influencing with praise. You'd have to manually tinf empower, which would hit the same target with the same influencing attack.

I'm not sure with others, but I also saw the influencing attacks go off later when playing elsewhere. For example while hunting, it would try to empower one of the Illithoids I was working on much earlier.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2012
    Isn't that an old, old version of Mudlet?  Isn't it up to test 7 now?

Upgrade thy Mudlet!
  • OK, I've just tested using mudlet 2.0 test7, all I have installed is m&m for sipping, and my bundle v2.2. I'm currently influencing through some mobs just fine. Have you tried using it in a mostly clean profile? We've done the usual checks to make gmcp is enabled and all that good stuff, right?

Hopefully I can figure out a way to reproduce the issue.
  • What do you mean by mostly clean profile? Going to update mudlet and try it out. Thanks again!
  • I mean you may want to install whatever sipper you use, so you don't get your ego shattered =)

• I downloaded test 8, same thing happened:

INFLUENCE 2348 WITH compliments
    You compliment a squat imp on his outstanding intellect and physique.
    A squat imp ponders your words, but then snorts arrogantly.
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    A squat imp demands of you, "So what do you want?"
    Your ego drains as you consider your response.
    minf empower
    A squat imp demands of you, "What are you saying?"
    Your ego drains as you consider your response.
    minf empower
    minf empower
  • And have you tried testing it in an empty profile as yet? I will try again with test8. I don't doubt it's happening to you, I'm just not able to reproduce it myself in order to be able to see what the matter may be.