July Promotion

Anyone get anything worthwhile from the coins?

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Coins are hit and miss. They're still okay, but they're much better if you're an otherwise low investment player and have lots of things to work on at once. Even better if you'll have lots of free time to bash (and the will to bash) for a few RL days.

Exp gain and gold are the most common results of the spins, and these aren't as nice for the higher level players since the essence you gain feels weak compared to the same gains at 80-90 (demi also crit more and can gain it faster otherwise). The next most common seem to be lesson gain, 24 hours of TF (stacks with previous spins), and 24 hours of crit bonus (again, stacks with previous spins). Lessons are always more enticing when you're missing key skills like focus mind and tumble, TF and crit bonus are better if you can actually be around to make use of them.

Then there's curio pieces (ambiguous value, likely can't be traded for credits to other players and will rub into a pittance of gold - will need to be patient and hold onto them in order to gain from them), small artifacts like the vial rune, pipe rune, lips, and dagger of reincarnation, and a divine present (which turns into another random chance for either really good stuff or a small handful of gold).

Besides that, I think there's just a chance to get even more coins for more spins? Can't recall if there's more offhand.

Hope that's helpful.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Honestly it's not as enticing a deal as it used to be. The wheel is pretty terrible these days.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The wheel is great if you are an active basher. Otherwise not really all that.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• 30 coins to spin and i got 16 credits and an artifact pipe rune and then about 6 true favours, 5 days of crit bonus, some money, some lessons, some curio pieces, some coins to re-spin.

• So that's disappointing.
  • There would be a lot more sales for these crates... I'm considering buying them now and coins aren't even great... I just like when I decide to bash to have some coins to ensure I have a TF / lucky clover. If they were put back to the way they were before... yeah, it wouldn't be a consideration any more.
  • I watched Vermilla spin the wheel 1,205 times in January 2013. The breakdown of her wins was:

Truefavour 18% of spins
    Clover 17%
    Gold 16%
    Lessons 12%
    Experience 11%
    Curios 10%
    Coins 5%
    Free credits, Bound credits, Dingbats 2% of total for each (2%+2%+2%)
    Artifact dagger, Glass rune, Pipe rune, Lips and Present 1% for each (1%+1%+1%+1%+1%)

The percentages might have changed again since then, and there's always randomness so those percentages might not work out for you.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2014
    Brona said:
    So that's disappointing.
    When the Wheel first came out, with minimal investment, I took a character from level 84 to level 100, omnitrans'd + all trade skills, with about four tradeskill artifacts, a level 3 magic rune, and about 18000 lessons left over. Trust me, it needed the nerf.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I heard someone traded in his cubix and used the credits to fund coin spins which eventually bought him a torus and a bunch of credits and lessons left over.
    At one point you could convert coins to dingbats, which is how the torus owners club doubled overnight.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    And thanks to that, we no longer have toruses for sale :(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Clearly toruses should be available with aethergoop.  And with a custom skin, too.
  • edited July 2014
    Sprinkled donut skinned torus plz.
  • edited July 2014
    @Xenthos I already suggested that and got shot down ;_;
    I still have a torus exit saved for future use, one day I'll find something for it. As is though most places can be reached through curio sets, there's very few locations that require manual travel.

I still have all 5 torus exits saved for future use... one day I will actually get around to setting them.
    edited July 2014
    I thought toruses have 6?

Though technically they should be able to accommodate 8. As they use N,E,S,W and NW at least. That leaves NE/SW/SE available.

Karlach said:
    I thought toruses have 6?
    I sure don't know, since I have never used any of them. :)
    Would help if the torus was on the HELP DINGBATS RETIRED list so we could reference!

• edited July 2014
    It's 6.

** Summary for Auction #8 **********************************************
    Title:                                                (Auction over)
         Transplanar Torus
    Winner:
         Steingrim
    Prize:
         a transplanar torus
    Current bid:
         2505 credits.
    Description:
         The transplanar torus is a remarkable device that expands
         upon the powers of a cubix. It travels to a unique room
         reachable only via that specific torus. This chamber leads onto
         the normal cubix room with an exit down. The unique room can be
         modified with up to six exits leading anywhere across Lusternia.
         The exit locations must be requested via issues and approved by
         the administration and are subject to certain restrictions.

Also the room description makes it quite clear that there are (can be) six exits.
  • Brona said:
    So that's disappointing.
    In a nutshell so far
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The poor wheel. I got a full set of level 2 warrior artifact runes with a small purchase when it first came out.
  • So, I keep pondering this and wondering what I'm missing, so maybe you guys can help me. I'm just not seeing much point in buying aethergoop with money. For example, a cubix. This one is pretty:

101   an effulgent stained-glass cubix          400    2000cr

400 Aethergoop. From the website:
    10 jars = 150 goop = $230
    6 jars = 90 goop = $140
    26 jars = 390 goop = $600

For $580 dollars, you can buy 2000 cr, but $600, you can't buy enough goop for a cubix? On top of that, you're missing out on your elite bonus, if you have that. Are the coins good enough to make up for it and the slightly higher cash expense for artifacts? I'm just surprised to see the promo this month is, for a limited time, all the artifacts cost -more-. Unless the coins are better than this thread lets on?
    The coins occasionally give pipe runes, vial runes, daggers, lips, dingbats and credits both bound and unbound.

Rarely they give presents.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I got two presents. Both had gold in them. Yay.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Acrune said:

So, I keep pondering this and wondering what I'm missing, so maybe you guys can help me. I'm just not seeing much point in buying aethergoop with money. For example, a cubix. This one is pretty:

6 jars = 90 goop = $140

For $580 dollars, you can buy 2000 cr, but $600, you can't buy enough goop for a cubix? On top of that, you're missing out on your elite bonus, if you have that. Are the coins good enough to make up for it and the slightly higher cash expense for artifacts? I'm just surprised to see the promo this month is, for a limited time, all the artifacts cost -more-. Unless the coins are better than this thread lets on?
    Been here, done that.

Why would the company have a promotion that would let you spend 600$ and get two cubixes?

To paraphrase Estarra, "people aren't buying that much Aethergoop just to buy those items. Aethergoop is meant as a bonus."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited July 2014
    Acrune said:
    So, I keep pondering this and wondering what I'm missing, so maybe you guys can help me. I'm just not seeing much point in buying aethergoop with money. For example, a cubix. This one is pretty:

6 jars = 90 goop = $140

Spend the 580, get the cubix, then spend 10 aethergoop to reskin it.. that should work right?

I believe the only thing you really need to buy goop for would be the censers and the tinderboxes

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2014
    Shaddus said:

6 jars = 90 goop = $140

Been here, done that. Why would the company have a promotion that would let you spend 600$ and get two cubixes? To paraphrase Estarra, "people aren't buying that much Aethergoop just to buy those items. Aethergoop is meant as a bonus."
    I don't think we're even talking about the same thing. I'm referring to buying aethergoop with cash, not as something extra when you buy credits (does that still happen this month?). Its not that I expect a two-fer deal on cubixes, I was just expecting more of the prices along the lines of the artifact packages in the past. For example, I think a cubix was bundled with a cameo(?) for $600. @Synkarin's suggestion makes the most sense to me, but doesn't really make sense in the scheme of a promo. Hence my wondering what I'm missing. I guess its just the coins. 
  • That was last month's promo. The coins aren't -terrible- you'll get a lot of lessons with 300 coins... lots of days / months of TFs / lucky clover crits... some credits, etc.