Quests: pains and pleasure + Questions and comments.

2»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ugh, don't remind me of that.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Marcella said:
    My only problem with that quest was not being able to FIND all the items.
    Occasionally a dwarf can hold two items.

This makes begging extraordinarily inconvenient; as such, every time I've had to do the quest after discovering that I killed all of them for their goods and then got amnesty.
  • A field of sweetgrass.

Dreamy whorls of opalescent light twine across the ground, indicating a healing shrine of Hoaracle nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. Thick dreamy cotton clouds are spread across the firmament. A rattlesnake hides in the undergrowth. A plump red grouse coos softly here, combing through the vegetation.

You see exits leading northeast, west, and up.

You clutch a rusty scythe firmly, preparing to use it.

As your scythe swishes through the sweetgrass, the thin tender tips fall uselessly to the ground, not even enough for a small bundle.

What am I doing wrong here? I can't get any information from anyone in the area about a basket, gloves, or something else that would help me actually collect the sweetgrass :(

• There are lots of areas in the hills that might contain sweet grass but this time this one doesn't. The rp explanation here is that this sweet grass isn't mature enough. Wander round and keep using the scythe in different areas till you find the three bundles.
  • edited September 2014
    Dys said:
    There are lots of areas in the hills that might contain sweet grass but this time this one doesn't. The rp explanation here is that this sweet grass isn't mature enough. Wander round and keep using the scythe in different areas till you find the three bundles.
    @Dys Thank you.

:( Annoying.  I get a complete miss message on the other rooms that don't contain the word sweetgrass in them. I thought the room needed a sweetgrass in the description, but I guess not.
  • Daganev said:
    Dys said:
    There are lots of areas in the hills that might contain sweet grass but this time this one doesn't. The rp explanation here is that this sweet grass isn't mature enough. Wander round and keep using the scythe in different areas till you find the three bundles.
    Dys Thank you.

:( Annoying.  I get a complete miss message on the other rooms that don't contain the word sweetgrass in them. I thought the room needed a sweetgrass in the description, but I guess not.
    Nope. Just go around swinging that scythe in every room in the hills. Alternatively, this is one of the quests used for Dark Savant/Guardian Spirit (or whatever serenwilde's is), so if you're planning on doing it one day, you'll have to repeat it ^^
  • edited September 2014
    Arcanis said:
    Daganev said:
    Dys said:
    Dys Thank you.

Nope. Just go around swinging that scythe in every room in the hills. Alternatively, this is one of the quests used for Dark Savant/Guardian Spirit (or whatever serenwilde's is), so if you're planning on doing it one day, you'll have to repeat it ^^
    Wait I have to do these quests AFTER the complicated ritual? Just having the honours isn't enough?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    All the epic cycles require you to do the quests in a certain order, so yes.

• Daganev said:
    Arcanis said:
    Daganev said:
    Dys said:
    Dys Thank you.

Wait I have to do these quests AFTER the complicated ritual? Just having the honours isn't enough?
    These quests have a slight twist to them when you try to accomplish it for your org, it is the same for all of them really. Ship of the Dead and Gorgogs for Mag, Hifarae hills and Verasavir valley for Glomdoring and Serenwilde, and so forth. You can accomplish the quest both the normal way and the special way, but they dont count for each other.
  • Ok, I'm a bit confused now :) (It happens easily)

I've been working based on the following result for QUEST GLOMDORING

Name: Walking in the Shadows of the Wyrd (GLOMDORING)

Org: The Free Collective of Glomdoring

Type: UNLISTED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To those who have raised the Drums of the Dead, mighty Crow offers the

Way of the Wyrd. To walk upon it, first you must bring about the

vengeance of Kravch in Versavir Valley. Secondly, you must bring the

rattles of the Hifarae hag to glorious Crow, and at last, feed Crow the

blood of Night's daughters and restore the Shadow Glass.

For those who seek to serve Crow, they need only GROVEL before him.

Personal Completions: 0

Total Completions : 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been under the impression that this blurb is "complete" in the requirements.  Are there actually other quests I need to be doing before this one?

As a side note. How did the first questers learn about the order of these quests, because so far, the mobs have not been giving me an indication of these things?

The way it works is this:
    You need to summon Mother Night 5 times, doing the nai'Dorin (we have this written out somewhere, and people will help).  After that, you will GROVEL to Crow (as indicated in that snippet you pasted) and you will be given guidance on what to do next in visions from Him.

You must have completed the prerequisite in order to do the last part of it, though, because the final quests each have a stage where you have to give an item to Crow for a blessing before finishing the quest, and you can only get that blessing if you have done the steps leading up to it first.
  • edited September 2014
    Aha, so what I thought was the last step is actually the first step. Ok makes sense now. Thanks.
    How do I suggest that they mention the need to first complete the nai'Dorin in the quest description and move the Grovel line to the top instead of the bottom?

And we definitely need a "portable new moon" artifact... 
    Daganev said:
    Aha, so what I thought was the last step is actually the first step. Ok makes sense now. Thanks.
    How do I suggest that they mention the need to first complete the nai'Dorin in the quest description and move the Grovel line to the top instead of the bottom?

And we definitely need a "portable new moon" artifact... 
    They do mention it first: "To those who have raised the Drums of the Dead".  The Drums of the Dead quest is essentially the same as the summoning Mother Night quest (and the raising Crow from the dead quest), with some variations.  You get the same honours line progression for each of them, as they are part of the Dark Savant line.  They just kind of obfuscate it a bit by phrasing it the way they do.  But yes, you must be a Dark Savant of the Wyrden Mysteries to be able to do this quest line.

As for suggestions, you can always try an IDEA.  It may not work for a while, though.  You can also email support@lusternia.com if you think something is serious enough to warrant that.
  • edited September 2014
    Hmm are the quests still being slowly converted to this new system, or am I not understanding how to find these quest descriptions?

I had thought that line about the drums of the dead was just referring to members of the Glomdoring in general. ha!
    Daganev said:
    Hmm are the quests still being slowly converted to this new system, or am I not understanding how to find these quest descriptions?

I had thought that line about the drums of the dead was just referring to members of the Glomdoring in general. ha!
    Quests are very, very slowly being converted over to the new system.  Quite a few have made it at this point, but I do not think that all of them have.
  • Someone explain to me what you're actually supposed to do with the biscuits Radella gives you in the Dell questline? Dropping them in front of the boars as a naive reading of her instructions would suggest does not actually seem to do anything.
  • edited December 2014
    Resurrecting this thread to utilize it for an additional purpose of Quest concerns and opinions.

I generally stopped adding quests after I discovered most of the playerbase has the wonderful summary of almost all quests being passed around (except for recent ones).

GREY MOORS KEYSTONES QUEST:

For -sooome- time now, this quest has been broken, with the last gear (uncovered by utilizing the ponies and digging) being unfindable. I've attempted to locate it several times and came out with nothing. I believe the bug may be one of three reasons:

1- The gear is located within an IN, UP, DOWN, or OUT room, which we are unable to turn the ponies into (only compass directions).
    2- The gear never respawned and is floating in limbo
    3- Someone found the gear, tossed it in a stockroom, and it somehow worked.

ICEWYND FORSAKEN QUESTLINE:

Im just wondering here, but was it intentionally made that Icediggers drag you down into a pit of 10 icediggers and an icequeen, or is this some kind of coding bug that has put them all in one room? It just seems like a godly painful attempt to do the Forsaken Tasks, compared to the Ice Angel tasks which are rather doable solo. 10 Icediggers and an Ice Queen need at least 5 people to try and complete, not to mention having to kill at least 3 groups of them.

Additionally, with the Trills, Upon handing in items to the chief, we are given a note that: You can ask about your progress by saying "Am I in <blah>'s favor now?". Apparently when we actually ask this, we only seem to get the common response of them praising their Ice Angel.

MOUNT WEND AND ORPHANAGE:

The Quest for Frost Spite has just been a mess since the first days it was released. It is near impossible to complete since (Both sides) require you to prepare everyone for the ritual, yet one of the mobs wants you to slay all souls and capture them in a pendant, and the Frost-spite side wants you to influence weaken them so they are absorbed in the wind....Thus requiring you to become enemied to Frost Spite, then seek amnesty, then wait for the souls to return (and pray the mob hasnt reset) then weaken them. This not even counting that you have to first influence the children with begging/praise, and then frost spite wants you to weaken them...also requiring some waiting. Additionally, the head of the orphanage, Ratanele (or however you spell it) wont even assist you unless you are given the 'OK" from the child mob of the light-side.

That's all I have for now.

P.S: Yes I've submitted bugs in the past, they are gathering dust somewhere.
    The icediggers thing is intentional, I believe. It's  probably intended to be an obstacle to hunting the devils, and for the quests. People have evidently bashed them solo, but I'd wager that the average group of 5 would have trouble - especialy as one of them is likely to immediately die on entry.
  • Enyalida said:
    The icediggers thing is intentional, I believe. It's  probably intended to be an obstacle to hunting the devils, and for the quests. People have evidently bashed them solo, but I'd wager that the average group of 5 would have trouble - especialy as one of them is likely to immediately die on entry.
    but it seems imbalanced that the ice angel quests are much less a hassle and may be accomplished solo, while the Forsaken seems like a death sentence.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    use trees, solo ice queens, ....., profit

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    This kind of thing has been brought up a few times before, but in relation to the outputs of each quest (in curios).
  • Synkarin said:
    use trees, solo ice queens, ....., profit
    im going to need some expanding on this. Are you saying to put a forest terrain and swing up and down with hits? Because I'd still be taken out fairly quickly by the group, or do you mean something else?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Most the pits should already be treed unless some jerk removed them all

If you can last 1 round, you can use trees to solo queens.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Icepits are soloable by some even without trees (definitely don't need groups of 5!  Way back when these quests were new I did them solo).  With trees, you just need to take into account that the icediggers attack really slowly.  You can easily use that to your advantage, and that makes them much easier to slay by a wider range of people on their own (or in a group of even two).
  • With favourable Astrology, beast bodyguard, beers and a rune of absorption I could do ice pits at level 90 unless bleeding overtook me. (nerf astrology)
  • Xenthos said:
    Icepits are soloable by some even without trees (definitely don't need groups of 5!  Way back when these quests were new I did them solo).  With trees, you just need to take into account that the icediggers attack really slowly.  You can easily use that to your advantage, and that makes them much easier to slay by a wider range of people on their own (or in a group of even two).
    Is it slower than 4s? If so, I might become bold enough to finally give it a try.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Riluna said:
    Xenthos said:
    Is it slower than 4s? If so, I might become bold enough to finally give it a try.
    It's way slower than four seconds!  They hit hard, but so very slowly.  I feel that it is intentional, specifically to allow people to attempt a bit of tactics.