More consistency with towelling stations please?

edited September 2014 in Ideas
I purchased some of the towelling stations that are available to be attached to rings and there seems to be FAR too much inconsistency with their lifespan, the decay chance seems to be completely random, they can last one battle or they can last 30+, making it quite a gamble, considering they sell for around 350 gold a piece.  I tested 11 towelling stations, my results were as follows:

Station 1:  4 applications
Station 2: 24 applications
Station 3: 22 applications
station 4: 8 applications
station 5: 1 application
station 6: 2 applications
station 7: 3 applications
station 8: 1 application
station 9: 6 applications
station 10: 37 applications!
station 11: 13 applications

Considering the VERY wide range of possible duration, it can be quite a gamble, I'd personally like to see something along the lines of other things that have a set number of uses (even if it is something like 10-15 uses per towelling station)
Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Most of the figurine items are random; brass knuckles can die quickly or last quite a while, as can the helmet, etc.  The RNG in this instance doesn't bother me too much, they are definitely worth their cost in figurine savings (you don't have to keep finding an enchanter to enchant more of the things).

I mean, it wouldn't bother me if it's made a fixed duration either, but it just does not seem like a big issue either way imo.
  • Sakaki said:
    I purchased some of the towelling stations that are available to be attached to rings and there seems to be FAR too much inconsistency with their lifespan, the decay chance seems to be completely random, they can last one battle or they can last 30+, making it quite a gamble, considering they sell for around 350 gold a piece.  I tested 11 towelling stations, my results were as follows:

Station 1:  4 applications
    Station 2: 24 applications
    Station 3: 22 applications
    station 4: 8 applications
    station 5: 1 application
    station 6: 2 applications
    station 7: 3 applications
    station 8: 1 application
    station 9: 6 applications
    station 10: 37 applications!
    station 11: 13 applications

Considering the VERY wide range of possible duration, it can be quite a gamble, I'd personally like to see something along the lines of other things that have a set number of uses (even if it is something like 10-15 uses per towelling station)
    Not really investing on if they're changed, but IIRC you don't even have to stop combat to use them. Even if you can't you can just add them before you start the fight.
  • edited September 2014
    Still means you need to buy more rather than less if you are mass-levelling a figurine from 1-40. I'd rather buy 20 towelling stations and know that I will get 200 applications out of them than have to buy 50 and wonder if I am going to get 70 applications or 700.

With that run, including outliers, I got an mean average of 11 applications per station, but could have ended up with anywhere between 11 and 400 total applications depending on how merciful/less the RNG decided to be.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."