CITY/COMMUNE ALIGMENTS (of course in d&d format)

13»

Comments

• Iytha said:
    Siam said:
    I summon thee, SPIRIT OCEAN. Do you guys think Ocean would be Old Man of the Deep or Grandmother Ocean? Or something else? 
    Female, obviously. Sarye is the closest thing Lusternia has to a universal ocean spirit, and both of the individual ocean spirits we know of (Lanikai in the Inner Sea; Jeitara of the Crystal Sea) are female. All kelpies appear to be female as well.

Isn't Sarye just another Water Elemental Lord? I was told she's the result of all the mortals who have died at Sea, just like the other elemental lords are the result of mortals leaving impressions on the elemental planes.

Though, looking at the responses... I think there is an issue with forcing the spirits into two specific genders, even in humans that's not how it works.

I mean, couldn't the spirit just as easily be something like this...

or maybe

I guess the thing is that they're not mortal, nor are they necessarily bound to their physical forms, so they're kinda free to just be a pure expression of whatever aspect of nature they represent.

The spirit of the stars perhaps?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's the White Hart of Princess Mononoke's night form. I do hope white hart doesn't actually look like the day form though, he's creepy.
  • edited October 2014
    I've seen pretty much all of the Ghibli movies, so yeah was looking specifically for it when I was thinking about it.

But yeah, it'd be pretty cool if Ocean was just an amorphous mass of seawater or a composite of everything that you might find in the Ocean. 

Especially if all the spirits were like that, because then well... if they all met you'd have a bunch of animals with wildly varying embodiments of nature floating around. Sure, some spirits might be humanoid but they would also be ideally really weird and strange and well... fae.

EDIT: Oh, and for slight correctness they're the spirit of the forest specifically, so more tied into nature and growth while less tied to a specific species.
  • Oh my. TOO MUC INFO!