Simple Ideas

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Can we get a message for when genie blessings fade?
  • Rivius said:

Can we get a message for when genie blessings fade?

Genie blessings wear off at midnight each game day, no matter what time of day they started up.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited April 2015

Can we get the Wyrdling to accept more than one essence at a time? I know it's only a minor inconvenience, but having to hand them all over one at a time, then getting the conversion messages one at a time...it bothers me :C

THIS would be awesome. I"m pretty sure every org has this problem too.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tylwyth said:

Can we get the Wyrdling to accept more than one essence at a time? I know it's only a minor inconvenience, but having to hand them all over one at a time, then getting the conversion messages one at a time...it bothers me :C

THIS would be awesome. I"m pretty sure every org has this problem too.
    Fleshpots were taking 5 in one go at last check. Haven't really tried with spheres and it has never seemed like a big deal considering it doesn't happen too much and people are usually not congregating at either location.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited April 2015
    Would be really neat if doing that NexusWorld-entity-fleshpot thing gave karma at some point along the way - just like you get when handing in mobs for gold, or offering mobs.

Not sure how it is for the other orgs, but ditto for there too of course.
  • edited April 2015
    Fleshpots take up to the standard 50, Spheres should be the same unless shenanigans.

The Wyrdling is just awkward because it uses GIVE, not PUT, so grouping is just probably not possible. Clearly we should just also use PUT, and shove his mouth full of the stuff.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You can GIVE X THINGS to people though, so theoretically it should be possible to do it with NPCs.
  • Xenthos said:

You can GIVE X THINGS to people though, so theoretically it should be possible to do it with NPCs.

Should be, but they seem to have some awkward exception written in. It extends to all NPCs:

give 5 kirigami to crow
    You may not give more than one item at a time to that.

I imagine if they could all take multiples, it would make things weird for turn-in quests and the like (though GIVE 30 KROKANI TO SURTAMI would be a goddamn blessing, if she'd calculate and spit out the correct gold automagically). Still, let's just make the Wyrdling special.

Please.

Please.
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    EXHIBIT REMOVE PAINTING: remove a painting that has been exhibited. Masochism/no enemy territory restricted. Chance of failure (33%?), which destroys the painting and gives you a minor ego malus for destroying such a beautiful work of art haphazardly. Channeled skill. Chance of failure lessens with more skill in Arts.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    A fail-safe for people whose connection might not be the best, or at least their beasts! If someone doesn't QQ before they disappear from Lusternia (as in it doesn't receive the 'Tremula grows still and begins to pray for salvation blah blah' line), their beasts attempt to return to the stable one feed before lethal. Without realising my auto-beast feeder was off, I watched my nightmare the other day try and go back to the stables when it ran out of food, and it died instantly. If the line is there, there should be room for success maybe? Tired of my internet being a butt and disconnecting me for ages at a time, and logging in to a malnourished beast and another level gone. Sure it's easy to get back, but I'd like to not have to worry about it. ::::(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited May 2015
    Tremula said:

A fail-safe for people whose connection might not be the best, or at least their beasts! If someone doesn't QQ before they disappear from Lusternia (as in it doesn't receive the 'Tremula grows still and begins to pray for salvation blah blah' line), their beasts attempt to return to the stable one feed before lethal. Without realising my auto-beast feeder was off, I watched my nightmare the other day try and go back to the stables when it ran out of food, and it died instantly. If the line is there, there should be room for success maybe? Tired of my internet being a butt and disconnecting me for ages at a time, and logging in to a malnourished beast and another level gone. Sure it's easy to get back, but I'd like to not have to worry about it. ::::(

This would mean you can afk in your manse, or just close your client without QQing, and never have to worry about your beast dying. Sounds like it would ruin the point of beast hunger in the first place.

What I would prefer is the option to pay off the stablehands to give your beast a special priority, having them keep it from starving deaths maybe once per game month. If your tries to run back to the stables because you left it/disconnected/whatever, they save it for you at some cost.

STABLE GUARD <beast> or somethin'. Can only guard one of your beasts at a time, cost of 500g, expires at the end of the month if not triggered.
    DESIGN # SUBMIT INSURE:

Pay an extra 1k gold (1k total for public, 6k for private), and if your design is rejected due to minor spelling errors, the reviewers can fix it and accept it.

(Basically, it just allows them editing perms.)

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It isn't the reviewers' job to edit your designs, when you can just use a spell-checker...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A lot of people don't have access to or don't use a British English spellchecker, and spell checkers usually can't catch things like like double typing a word, or using a homophone in the wrong place, or used the wrong tense, or when you improperly conjugate certain words for the singular/plural/collective.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

It isn't the reviewers' job to edit your designs, when you can just use a spell-checker...

When my design is returned three times for reviewers arguing amongst themselves on whether or not it should be have or have not, I just want to see it through. My shield recently got returned saying, "Please change line 11 to 'nightingales' rather than 'nightingale'." when it was already nightingales. Giving reviewers light edit perms will keep that sort of thing from happening.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited May 2015
    Tremula said:

It isn't the reviewers' job to edit your designs, when you can just use a spell-checker...

When my design is returned three times for reviewers arguing amongst themselves on whether or not it should be have or have not, I just want to see it through. My shield recently got returned saying, "Please change line 11 to 'nightingales' rather than 'nightingale'." when it was already nightingales. Giving reviewers light edit perms will keep that sort of thing from happening.
    It probably wouldn't, though, because the tendency of some reviewers to 1) disagree and 2) be wrong is still there. If your design is rejected for something that it shouldn't be rejected for (especially when conflicting reviewers are involved), you should flag it for divine review. Giving reviewers editing privs would lead to Bad Things imo, because we're not infallible.

Also, because I'm sure the admin wouldn't want people just changing and committing other players' designs, it would probably require divine say-so after the fact anyways. This would fix no more or less than just flagging for divine review and waiting.
    Luce said:

A lot of people don't have access to or don't use a British English spellchecker, and spell checkers usually can't catch things like like double typing a word, or using a homophone in the wrong place, or used the wrong tense, or when you improperly conjugate certain words for the singular/plural/collective.

You'll note that Shaddus specifically said 'minor spelling errors', so the homophone/tense/conjugation really wasn't part of my advising. While the onus is still on both designer and reviewer to make sure that's also all in check, at the very least running through a spell-checker (spellcheck.net is my crutch, and yes, it does British English) will help the process avoid some of those bumps. It's not malicious advice or looking down my nose, it's just advice!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Eh. Anything that can be fixed via copyediting that doesn't involve changing the wording of something is a minor change for me. "To, too, two", "their, there, they're", and similar errors are just a subset of spelling errors, and often the difference with pluralisation is just an s that needs to either be there or not. My big issue with flagging for divine review is that it A) puts an unfair burden on the admin, forcing them to step in to settle what's essentially squabbling, and B) it takes longer than a re-review, and much longer than an initial review.

Ideally, Divine reviews should probably be reserved for things that require Divine sign-off, like tapestries that show as-yet unreleased canon (meaning they depict something you want to be canon that isn't in-game yet), or something featuring a God(dess) or His/Her symbols.
  • edited May 2015
    Luce said:

Eh. Anything that can be fixed via copyediting that doesn't involve changing the wording of something is a minor change for me. "To, too, two", "their, there, they're", and similar errors are just a subset of spelling errors, and often the difference with pluralisation is just an s that needs to either be there or not. My big issue with flagging for divine review is that it A) puts an unfair burden on the admin, forcing them to step in to settle what's essentially squabbling, and B) it takes longer than a re-review, and much longer than an initial review.

I disagree on the point of unfair burden, because the divine overseeing the design system do so specifically for that purpose. Sure, I don't like to annoy them myself either, but when problems become apparent through bounced reviews and re-re-reviews, it needs to be addressed because it clogs the whole system up - this is not only annoying to designers, but reviewers as well. The divine would still need to check over any copyediting made, because that level of control is presently not given to reviewers for Reasons. Personally, I don't feel potential benefit would outweigh potential risk and migraines.

You also have to understand more of how the system works to see why things sometimes happen. When a design is rejected, the reviewers who gave the rejections are not able to see the design again in the queue. Ever. So if it's rejected a second time, it's by an entirely different pair/group of reviewers. A lot of people are also unaware that those comments left behind by the first rejection are -the only indication- for reviewer group B that it has been rejected - protip, don't ever, EVER clear those comments while a design is still in submission. That leads to the biggest number of re-re-re-review 'squabbles'.
    Half of my designs are done on my phone at work, and I recently had a design sit in queue for a week before it was rejected because "desiccated" was misspelled.
  • I don't deny that editing perms for reviewers would be a benefit in some cases, but what I'm saying is that the problems likely to come from it will shoot down its uses.
  • I'd love if the "Gaudiguch Gossip" items were actually readable!

If I have to bring them to citizens and they RIOT because of what is written there... why can't -I- read it? *sadface* ... :(
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It was an actual regular publication (by Iytha, if I'm not mistaken), but those kinds of things can get tough to keep up after a while.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • A new ability in planar that will veil your location when you talk on any aether channel, for subtlety/convenience reasons. Could be associated with a slight mana drain when used.

Example:

PLANAR MUFFLE ON/OFF

' You begin to weave a planar veil around your telepathic communications, hiding their point of origin from prying eyes. '
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2015
    Allow a beast with the swimming ability to be able to leap over water, much like we can totem leap with waterwalk up.
  • CLANS ON/OFF to control all clans at once?
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    FAMILY TREE <whatever> ACTIVE, shows the family tree but only who actively counts as being in the family for honour/whatever purposes.
  • I've been learning the ukulele IRL and I wish that those were an option for bard instruments :)