Simple Ideas

Comments

• Bumping up my favourite one-man crusade, if possible can we have a MANSE CREATE EXIT <direction> <room> ONEWAY where a connection is made into the destination room but not out of it [to allow for easier non-traditional geometry and multiple exits from several rooms leading to one, a la escape hatches]. Would have to respect room limitations such that you couldn't create a oneway path into a room that isn't connected back to the Fulcrux. And I've already debated trap rooms to no end, this wouldn't make it any easier/harder to get trapped in a manse than it already can be with sigils/doors/perms. [Annoying that it is that something like that was even something to argue].

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Given the recent change with being no longer able to undeed manses/ships/clans from an Org, Steward Aides should gain the ability to transfer around deeded things. This would help immensely in Aetherflares and other situations
  • How about decreasing the time it takes to SCRUB yourself clean when you're gagging at your own stink? It takes like 6-10 scrubs of at least 15 seconds each, how about more like 5 scrubs at 5-10 seconds each?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Adowen said:
    How about decreasing the time it takes to SCRUB yourself clean when you're gagging at your own stink? It takes like 6-10 scrubs of at least 15 seconds each, how about more like 5 scrubs at 5-10 seconds each?
    Never seen it take longer than 2-3 scrubs in water... and if you want it to go faster, juts buy a cleanse enchant. Takes just one use and has a much lower balance loss.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Scrubbing has some big influences on combat, it's not just for people who stink!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Though typically, it's not the SCRUB base command that's useful!
    Enyalida said:
    Though typically, it's not the SCRUB base command that's useful!
    Fact remains there already exists a method to get rid of stink that doesn't require more than 1k gold to acquire.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    The fact also remains that it takes a very long time (without a cleanse) to remove stink with no real reason. 
    edited February 2013
    Rivers aren't exactly the epitome of cleanliness. That said, yes, it does take a while... and yes, people usually don't jump in rivers to scrub off things like mucous, ectoplasm, etc. Technically speaking, I really don't see a reason to keep the stink affliction in the first place. It's not like it does anything actually negative beyond spamming a bit either... or at least not that I've noticed. I'd say it might be a better idea to just get rid of it in the first place and forget about fixing the Lusternia washing... unless someone planned to introduce passive stink provided people didn't wash on a regular basis to add some flavor and realism. That said, let's start working on artisan bath tubs. After all, the porcelain throne exists already. :)

EDIT: Maybe even add a cleanliness level under STAT?

EDIT 2: Apparently, there IS a faster way to get clean from stink. Hop in a river and do BATHE rather than SCRUB. Takes something like 1.5s balance AND cleans the stink out in one go... either that or I got lucky, but still... definitely shorter balance.

• Doesn't stink stop you from being scented?  Or am I imagining things?
    Morshoth said:
    Doesn't stink stop you from being scented?  Or am I imagining things?
    You're thinking the Skunk spirit in Totems where you can spray the ground to throw trackers off and make the room impenetrable to scent.

• Stink is also used by trackers to... track you. I understand it is of limited use, but on paper, there is that.

• Elanorwen said:
    Rivers aren't exactly the epitome of cleanliness. That said, yes, it does take a while... and yes, people usually don't jump in rivers to scrub off things like mucous, ectoplasm, etc. Technically speaking, I really don't see a reason to keep the stink affliction in the first place. It's not like it does anything actually negative beyond spamming a bit either... or at least not that I've noticed. I'd say it might be a better idea to just get rid of it in the first place and forget about fixing the Lusternia washing... unless someone planned to introduce passive stink provided people didn't wash on a regular basis to add some flavor and realism. That said, let's start working on artisan bath tubs. After all, the porcelain throne exists already. :)

EDIT: Maybe even add a cleanliness level under STAT?

EDIT 2: Apparently, there IS a faster way to get clean from stink. Hop in a river and do BATHE rather than SCRUB. Takes something like 1.5s balance AND cleans the stink out in one go... either that or I got lucky, but still... definitely shorter balance.
    Nope.

That's from your golden soap.

BATHE is the same thing as SCRUB.

Try putting your golden soap in your backpack and then trying again. It takes 10 seconds of balance before balance modifiers I believe.
  • As with any idea of mine, this is not really necessary, but: I'd really like some sort of dedicated artifact storage system, like a special artifact rift, or a manse item/whatever which, when artifacts are inside of it, prevents those artifacts from resetting to owner. This isn't all that meaningful, except that it will make the inventory a little bit less spammy. I realize you could also just buy a second backpack and stick them all in there, but I really favor the idea of not keeping these four hundred things with me at all times.

(Could I instead buy un-resetting customization?)
  • I'd like the opposite of that. A command that immediately returns all artifacts to your inventory, whether you accidentally put them in the nexus or lent it out and need it back urgently. Runed cubes and kegs that have been cubetapped/kegtapped to stay in a shop should be the only exceptions to this command. I'm a grabby, feely kind of guy, I want what's mine to be near me all the time, and with a collar and a chain attached to it at all times when it's not beside me. Please!

• Skye said:
    As with any idea of mine, this is not really necessary, but: I'd really like some sort of dedicated artifact storage system, like a special artifact rift, or a manse item/whatever which, when artifacts are inside of it, prevents those artifacts from resetting to owner. This isn't all that meaningful, except that it will make the inventory a little bit less spammy. I realize you could also just buy a second backpack and stick them all in there, but I really favor the idea of not keeping these four hundred things with me at all times.

(Could I instead buy un-resetting customization?)
    That idea has all sorts off abusive possibilities to be honest. Steal a guy's artied item in combat and shove it in the box so he has to issue to get it back.
  • Well, the idea is that the "closet" is an artifact of its own, able to store only its owners' items. Also, were Lerad's idea put in, problem solved.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Hmm, two things on the artifact resetting bit:

- Artifacts don't reset to owner without using a command like ARTIFACT RECALL <number>/ALL. The current 'resetting' power would be changed to instead allow use of this command on the artifact in question. Essentially @Lerad's suggestion, but with the ability to specify or not specify dependent on needs.

- Artifacts can be lent out for a specified amount of time, from 1-90 minutes (just throwing out a random cap), with ARTIFACT LEND <number> TO <person> <time>. If an item is given rather than specifically lent, will reset normally on tic.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Being able to recall artifacts would be great.  Really, really great.  Please let us do this.

They're pretty unlikely to ever make artifacts not reset though, since you can just permanently loan your things out.
    edited February 2013
    Xenthos said:
    They're pretty unlikely to ever make artifacts not reset though, since you can just permanently loan your things out.

Yeah, that's what led me to the second one...hmm. Still not completely fine with either of them, but too tired to think more.

:thefaceimakewhenican'tfigureoutanyemoticons:

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • (Erm, there's a smiley dropdown on the upper right of the comment box.)
  • edited February 2013
    Are there situations wherein people can steal/reuse/abuse artifact recall? Like using a pet to send someone a cubix then recall as soon as they use it (or an ice wand or whatever else)? What about situations where someone has an artifact taken, via theft or disarm (I feel like this was changed except maybe for Raziela) - do you think in those situations it would be unfair for someone to instantly recall it?

I've always wondered what kind of negative/"abusive" results could come about from instantly resetting all of your artifacts.

What about situations wherein you give someone an item like a bubblix, force them to use it, then instantly recall it - stranding them on the bubble?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Implement an hour cooldown on artifact recalling?  As far as something like a bubblix, just make using one not forceable?
  • Or make the artifact recall a timed/channeled action, with a warning message to the target (e.g. "<artifact> begins to grow warm in your hands, pulling against your grip.")
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I suppose I could 'grief' someone by giving them trade artifacts and then immediately recalling them, but... why would I want to? :/
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    I suppose I could 'grief' someone by giving them trade artifacts and then immediately recalling them, but... why would I want to? :/
    Because you're a griefer. We all saw you grief the timeline Xenthos, DON'T DENY IT!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Valen said:
    (Erm, there's a smiley dropdown on the upper right of the comment box.)
    Yeah, I've been told that before...but still don't see it :C

-

It's in line with the second editing bar, the one that starts with bold, but includes strikethrough and the highlighting functions. It's all the way to the right, near the edge of the white box. It's grey on off-white, might be hard to see?
    Enyalida said:
    It's in line with the second editing bar, the one that starts with bold, but includes strikethrough and the highlighting functions. It's all the way to the right, near the edge of the white box. It's grey on off-white, might be hard to see?
    Nuffin. It's likely just my POS laptop, it likes to keep me from seeing certain things.

-

• When creating a design, or requesting a pattern, rather, can you be forced to set the pattern to public or private then, rather than that being something set after you've requested the pattern? I have a horrible tendency to forget this step, making private things public by default. :-( Would love it if you had a command like this: DESIGN REQUEST PATTERN XXXXX CARTELNAME PRIVATE | PUBLIC or whatever it is.

Re: artifact resetting. If you have a reputation of resetting your artifacts and making people grumpy about it, then people just won't borrow them from you. :-/