Simple Ideas

Comments

• Weaponprobe huh? Like I would ever guess that by myself.

Apparently you can't tune cudgels, who knew? I'm not hip on the tree thing. :(

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• Anti-theft is pretty much a moot point nowadays. People will not randomly try and steal from you... selfishness or not.

EDIT: Heck... I know someone who lost a backpack with 2.5mil gold, an enemy got a hold of it and it was still returned, gold included.

Was 2.8 :(  I had a fortuneeeeeeeee for a little while.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Gold sink: Ragnarok Online's Mammonite! :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SAY colour for emotes:
    Make anything between Apostrophes ( " ) coloured in the SAY colour, as defined by CONFIG COLOUR, when using the EMOTE command.

Prefix for emotes:
    Allow prefixes for emotes.

Example:
    EMOTE (Walking up to the next shelf and selecting a book at random,) files through it quickly before rolling her eyes and snapping the book shut.

Would give you:
    Walking up to the next shelf and selecting a book at random, Ryanne files through it quickly before rolling her eyes and snapping the book shut.

Gold sink:
    Make random curios available for gold instead of lessons. (Why is it lessons anyhow? Anyone know?). Might give gold an actual reason for existence. Right now, I know of only a single reason to hold onto a large amount of gold and that's to buy credits with.

• Is it ok to use emotes to mimic attack actions? Dramaturgy does it after all.

Simple idea:  Make dramaturgy and emotes be held in the same regard, either they can both mimic attacks or neither.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    @Ryanne - Travel curios can only be purchased with gold. The emotes idea has a thread of its own on this very board - http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/444/emoting-and-saying-improvements

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Malarious said:
    Is it ok to use emotes to mimic attack actions? Dramaturgy does it after all.

Simple idea:  Make dramaturgy and emotes be held in the same regard, either they can both mimic attacks or neither.
    Emotes are available to everyone, and are mainly for RP enhancement. Draumatury is a skill that Bards put lessons into  (and perhaps spend credits on) for combat and/or RP.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Elanorwen said:
    @Ryanne - Travel curios can only be purchased with gold. The emotes idea has a thread of its own on this very board - http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/444/emoting-and-saying-improvements
    Thanks! Liked it! :)

Malarious said:
    Is it ok to use emotes to mimic attack actions? Dramaturgy does it after all.

Why would you bother using emotes for attack actions? You'd not only waste a complete balance on the off-chance that someone has lousy triggers, you'd also gamble on the fact that they have never heard of colour triggers before. Emotes can be set to their own colour, thus making 'detecing' an them easycake.

• Emotes are not used as illusions not because they are not worth it, but because they are not allowed. The 1s emote balance is a token to prevent spamming, not to prevent emote usage as illusion.

After all, Illusions in Lusernia use balance as well. Psionic ones use psionic balance, and can thus be combo'd, and most of the combat applications of illusions from the Illusions/Glamours skillset are used as programmed ones. However, that doesn't change the fact that generic illusions, if someone wants to use them, do take balance. Illusions are used for a specific goal, generally speaking, to waste a resource that in turn gives you an advantage. The illusions used usually gives the user an advantage that off-sets the balance cost. An ecto illusion, if it works, will make the victim use 4s of eq time on cleansing if they do not have a soap artifact. That is easily worth the 1s emote cost.

As for colour emotes, this is a similar issue with the above: colour triggers being available is not the reason emotes have not been used as illusions. People don't think, "Oh, I shouldn't use emotes as an illusion because colour triggers would defeat it!" In fact, no one uses colour triggers even today, and STILL no one uses emotes as illusions. Emotes aren't used as illusions because they aren't allowed, simple as that.

• edited April 2013
    Ryanne said:
    SAY colour for emotes:
    Make anything between Apostrophes ( " ) coloured in the SAY colour, as defined by CONFIG COLOUR, when using the EMOTE command.

The other emote idea is golden, too, and so are all of the ones that Svorai suggested a little while back. But honestly, if we get nothing else, I would LOVE to have colored says in emotes. That one change would make such a difference.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Can we have a more organised and possibly sectioned ARTIFACT LIST please?

Having it spammed with curios all over the place and random vial and pipe runes in different places, it'd just be nice to be able to browse through something laid out as oppose to being a giant clusterf--

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ARTIFACT LIST VIAL

ARTIFACT LIST ALL BUT CURIO

ARTIFACT LIST WEAPONRY

ARTIFACT LIST CURIO

^ please
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Can we also have a count at the bottom?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would love the ability to ARTIFACT LIST !CURIO !PIPE !VIAL in order to filter out the spammy stuff.

Also, artifact counts? You just want to depress me. :(
    I'd personally love to see Curios not listed at all. There's other places that show you what completed curios you have, but even so, some form of organisation so everything isn't jumbled in a weird order, I was thinking of having it separated in sections akin to the relevant helpfiles, and then a section for dingbat items.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• To expand upon what @Shaddus suggested:

AB <skill> FULL -> gives you the full ab list, including the skills you do not yet have (coloured differently, for example grey)

AB <skill> RANKS -> shows you the skills list + rank at which the skills are gained: like so: 
    LollercoasterSkill 33% Mythical
    Awesomeness 0% Transcendent

Allow the AB <skill> <ability> information to be viewable for ANY ability in a skillset you possess, even if you have not learned that ability yet (would work well with the FULL command).

A command to see a.) how many lessons you have spent in a skillset total and b.) how many more you need to reach the next skillrank.

( Yes those ideas are mostly stolen from another IRE where they already exist. I still find them immensely useful though and would love to see this functionality in Lusternia. )

• Regarding item customization, I have a race hat that looks nothing like the suspicious fedora. It's great.

Also, I'm really tempted to customize a feather boa into a boa constrictor. Ruffle it and it spits out your items!
  • Skye said:
    Regarding item customization, I have a race hat that looks nothing like the suspicious fedora. It's great.

Also, I'm really tempted to customize a feather boa into a boa constrictor. Ruffle it and it spits out your items!
    You're welcome for the idea >.=.<

Still gunning for timestamps on CTELLS et cetera and one directional manse exits [or an artie to allow said maze like exits]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Please allow us to gain Inspiration faster, or show the percentage when we gain it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Shaddus said:
    Please allow us to gain Inspiration faster, or show the percentage when we gain it?
    It scales according to your dramatics skill; I know a few people who have had trouble gaining it very quickly because their dramatics is low. I can personally go from 0% to 100% in an hour of solid influencing, which feels absolutely fine to me, but of course I am a demigod buffed out the ears for influencing and can hit the highest level mobs that there are.

I'm aware this doesn't 'fix' your problem of it being slow, but I suspect it's deliberate that the skill requires a high lesson investment in both influence and dramatics.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited April 2013
    Have pipes show what herb they contain when lit or smoked

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

Synkarin said:
    Have pipes sure what herb they contain when lit or smoked
    If you mean "show," that would be very nice.
  • I think a clean-up of tailoring and clothing/jewelry layers code and a helpfile explaining them will be very nice. Even today, I sometimes get confused about what jewelry goes where, gets hidden by what clothing, and how many jewelry slots for a certain body part I have left. And don't ask me what clothing goes on top of what clothing, because I have zero idea.

I wish each of these posts had a counter on it so that the admin could click it and show how likely each idea was to be able to used.
    We should have a help file telling the rules of demigod powers if there isn't one right now. I managed to dig up the old special report post for someone but felt it should be there anyway.
    Rivius said:
    We should have a help file telling the rules of demigod powers if there isn't one right now. I managed to dig up the old special report post for someone but felt it should be there anyway.
    They have rules? oO

Well, what I mean is the changes made to ephemeral and supernumerary powers for those who are only just coming back.
    There are rules beyond "You cannot have more than 50/100/150 weight active at any given time, and to activate it costs 10% of the total"?