Simple Ideas

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2018
    I would love to see the ability to add restrictions beyond a 'password' to purchase from bins in a shop, such as restricting purchases to people under/over a particular circle.

I have been attempting to put basic items like scrolls of healing up for reasonably cheap so that novices can buy them without draining what little gold they have, but have more than once had a single individual buy the entire stock then flip it on their own shop for profit, leaving me with no option but to set a deny policy for that individual - a 'band-aid' fix at best.  It would be great if we could set a bin where, for example, only people under 50th circle or people over 80th circle could see that bin or purchase from it.

Bit of a moot point, Ianir mentioned on Discord that shop customisations are coming.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Lol @Xeii it appears i have made the exact same mistake, sorry all!
  • Is there anywhere that you can see the standard system aliases?

The message that always makes my heart sink is when I set a new alias and it tells me (but does not stop me) that I have overwritten an existing alias (typically IR)

But crucially not what it is I have overwritten

So if there were a list I could just whistle innocently and set it back to what it was
  • I don't know a list but you can CLEARALIAS IR or whatever and it'll clear your alias and it'll just go back to the system command.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kistan said:
    Is there anywhere that you can see the standard system aliases?

The message that always makes my heart sink is when I set a new alias and it tells me (but does not stop me) that I have overwritten an existing alias (typically IR)

But crucially not what it is I have overwritten

So if there were a list I could just whistle innocently and set it back to what it was
    Press the up arrow to go back to your previous command, change the alias name, press enter.  Then clearalias the bad one.

A list of system commands seems problematic because there are thousands of them, and everyone has different commands.  IR is a command provided by a skill (rift in planar), so every other skillset command will do the same thing... and never mind all the Admin Only commands that would need to be blocked off from the report.

Seems a lot easier to just fix your alias without needing any coding resources!
  • edited August 2018
    Thanks @Xenthos and @Dys - I thought clear alias would clear both!
    Kistan said:
    Thanks @Xenthos and @Dys - I thought clear alias would clear both!
    Ohhh.  I see your concern now.  Yeah, that would be a huge problem if it wiped out actual game-commands too.  Thankfully it just nixes your override.
  • Copy orghelp/clanhelp to secondary org/clanhelp
  • edited August 2018
    New Mount
    As I feel that there isn't really a mount that matches the Kephera, I figure they should sell a giant Scarab Beetle from someone down in the hive. Scarabs were big in Egyptian religion so it fits there and I can't see the Kephera riding anything fluffy or scaly, needs to be a bug, imho.
    Possibly something like Beast Empath as an inherent skill, seems very Psi to me. Burrowing is probably an obvious one. Also, IMHO we need more bodyguard beasts out there.
  • Perfect!
    Ah the things I have yet to see are legion...
  • An inferno beetle would be a great cosmic beast for Gaudiguch, just saying.

Seriously please do this. <3
  • Lavinya said:
    A way to see how you appear in a room! Ie stole/brooch/costumes etc. I know when you do a pose it shows up in STAT, could something similar be added for this? Especially for those of us who own multiple things it would be good to check what's showing.
    I'm honestly surprised artisans can't make mirrors.
  • Lavinya said:
    A way to see how you appear in a room! Ie stole/brooch/costumes etc. I know when you do a pose it shows up in STAT, could something similar be added for this? Especially for those of us who own multiple things it would be good to check what's showing.
    Yes please! You know, I was scratching my head for about 30 minutes when I popped my first fortune cookie brooch trying to figure out wtf I actually looked like. Was VERY surprised when I couldn't!
  • Ferries that get you to and from aetherbubbles. Not instantaneous (takes a few minutes) and not available during flares or to specific bubbles during associated domoths. I don't think these should be centralized and I think the ferrypeople should be hard to find or hard to persuade (relatively - not saying a quest or anything - still something a young player can utilize [i.e. not the aetherepic]). But it sure would be handy. 
  • With less than 5 lessons (IIRC) in Aethercraft you can activate a command module and fly out to each bubble! Just be sure to use SHIP STATUS to find a ship that says "Forcefield: on", that way you can just keep moving to avoid taking ship damage. The wiki has handy maps that can be used to find your way to any of the aetherbubbles!
  • Are you suggesting to just take someone else's ship that you have (for whatever reason) access to?
    Not a critique, just honestly asking. I know next to nothing about aetherships/space/bubbles/etc.
  • Yes.

The majority of characters do not have a personal ship, and many of the ships (particularly very big ones) are purchased by organizations and not individual players - with a few notable exceptions. You're not really intended to have a big personal ship, as it takes a crew to use one anyways. 

So for example, Serenwilde has 13 ships marked for public use. Seven of these are held publicly by the commune itself, with the other 7 being "private" ships that can be used. 
    Bairloch said:
    Are you suggesting to just take someone else's ship that you have (for whatever reason) access to?
    Not a critique, just honestly asking. I know next to nothing about aetherships/space/bubbles/etc.
    Above what Enyalida said, Glomdoring has a set of ships designated as travel ships, for general use.

There are rules regulating their usage (primarily: if you crash them, either fix the flashpoints or inform people who can do so).
  • edited September 2018
    Yeah we have our ships "classed" too, with specific instructions on what to do with them, where to leave them etc. I think we have three that are specifically for 'travel'.

Some are "academy" class ships that are intended for people to take out and practice on or tool around, but that must be left at the Prime Docks again afterwards - so they're pretty much always there to be used.
  • Bairloch said:
    Are you suggesting to just take someone else's ship that you have (for whatever reason) access to?
    You can ask around and find personal ships that can be loaned to you.

Carousel is the designated practice ship for Gaudiguchian citizens. While Gaudiguch has several ships (something like a dozen) most get setup for astral flares.

I think every player should consider using a ship set aside for general citizen use and just fly around a bit until you wind up blowing up. But if any player really wants to aetherhunt at least once, make it known. It may not happen right away, but be persistent without being a pest and there are those who will try to make it happen.
  • There really isnt much of a downside to flying around and blowing up a ship, unless the ship maybe has a ton of dust in its hold.

I'd ask someone if its ok to use their ship first for the sake of politeness but most of the time its pretty fine
  • *note to self* "steal" a ship and pretend to be a pirate, briefly.
  • Like with the Avenger arena having queues for events like wargames, freezetag, slippers etc, could there be a proper world Vengeance arena with a queue so people from all over the Basin can play Vengeance with each other?

Possibly reduce the queue numbers for all things down to 5 from 7, too?
  • The ability to add items to couture outfits  (gaudy glamrock).
    Something along the lines of COUTURE <slot> ADD <item>.
  • Can we have the ability to use master paint palettes to ink runestones? Please?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Can we have the ability to use master paint palettes to ink runestones? Please?
    alternatively, allow us to wield and throw them at an adventurer as a balanceless action, doing 100h damage
  • The last one you can do - POWERS CHOICES LOOKMSG (Num) 

Powers choices lookmsg 51
    Look message #51 (Magnagora).
    Look:
       Anita hovers in midair, borne upon a bank of sickly, coiling black smog.