Simple Ideas

Comments

• Haezon said:
    On another topic, can we PLEASE make it so ministers of culture can rate the plays they watch? It's not like the org always rates plays 5 stars, so there wouldn't be any damage if a Minister did it to every one.

I am curious about the disagrees
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If every minister afks through every play and gives it five stars, across all the orgs, then is there really a point to having the extra points to begin with?

If all scores become scores + 5, I imagine it'd be simpler to just not have the +5.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited October 2014
    Haezon said:
    On another topic, can we PLEASE make it so ministers of culture can rate the plays they watch? It's not like the org always rates plays 5 stars, so there wouldn't be any damage if a Minister did it to every one.
    I'd assume insta bias is the reason. a free 5 star, since the job of the culture minister is also...culture score
  • Tarkenton said:
    If every minister afks through every play and gives it five stars, across all the orgs, then is there really a point to having the extra points to begin with?

If all scores become scores + 5, I imagine it'd be simpler to just not have the +5.
    Why would ministers do this, but not every person in the org?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The rating doesn't affect the score. It's just an indication of how "worth it" the play is to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing ratings abolished for no other reason than to see more of the play's title in STAGE LIST.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    The rating doesn't affect the score. It's just an indication of how "worth it" the play is to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing ratings abolished for no other reason than to see more of the play's title in STAGE LIST.
    If it doesn't then ministers should be able to rate. I do like the rating though, wouldn't do away with it. Maybe make the column smaller by making the rating a number rather than stars?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Ah, I was under the impression that rating correlated with score.  Shows how much I know about the culture system.

Regarding why would ministers do it, but not every person in the org, well, winning culture is a minister's job.  But, again, since rating has nothing to do with score, moot point.
  • it'd be nice to recieve a message about why you're snubbed, saves confusion
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Mimie said:
    it'd be nice to recieve a message about why you're snubbed, saves confusion
    Considering there is presently no requirement to provide a reason for snubbing? I'd say review your most recent interaction with the individual and figure it out.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • literally all that happened was, I took them to Shallach and they dc'd half way through
  • Mimie said:
    literally all that happened was, I took them to Shallach and they dc'd half way through
    Is it possible to typo snub someone?
    I'd love if discern could be the all in one enemy status checker. Configurable to show one or more of health, mana, ego, wounds, time warp, temporary insanity and power.
  • Can there be a way for the IDEA command to tell you how many characters you are allowed to use? I find I get cut off, but since it won't tell me where, I don't know where to pick up and resubmit.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Mimie said:
    Maybe not a reason.. But a confirm would be nice.

Snub Lavinya

Are you sure you want to snub Lavinya? SNUB CONFIRM to snub this person.

Since it seems like a lot of the time these days people just snub to end arguments or get the last word, so I dunno. A confirm makes it seem kinda like you have to put more thought into it.

• Crazy and likely not so simple idea here:
    Make it easy for two or more people to influence together. 

Influencing can get lonely.

Even if it's just "Is mob being influenced? Is mob being influenced by member of squad? Yes, go to next one."
  • Pectus said:
    Mimie said:
    Maybe not a reason.. But a confirm would be nice.

Snub Lavinya

Are you sure you want to snub Lavinya? SNUB CONFIRM to snub this person.

Since it seems like a lot of the time these days people just snub to end arguments or get the last word, so I dunno. A confirm makes it seem kinda like you have to put more thought into it.
    Or they think it's something temporary and light you can do instead of turning off tells. Perhaps when you want to snub someone, give a reminder 'You will not be able to unsnub this person for so and so amount of time, and any attempts to get around it will be issuable. Are you sure you want to?'

Just so people know it is meant to be a serious thing used for harassment.
    Retired.
    edited October 2014
    Racial spec for kata-using lobos because KATA IS A LOBOSHIGARU ART THERE I SAID IT
    I used to make cakes.

• Haezon said:

Just so people know it is meant to be a serious thing used for harassment.
    People can keep saying this, but snub is from anything on up from I don't want to play wif you. SNUB exists to reduce the number of disputes staff needs to get involved in as well as to keep from driving off players who find someone irritating.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited October 2014
    Daraius said:
    Racial spec for kata-using lobos because KATA IS A LOBOSHIGARU ART THERE I SAID IT
    Didn't they just steal learn it from the Kephera?

/hides
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    The jury is still out on that.
    I used to make cakes.

• Would it be possible to make true favours work like karmic blessings so they only tick down when you're logged in? Thus if people aren\t aware they get a TF and end up not logging in for a while it's not wasted.
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:
    Would it be possible to make true favours work like karmic blessings so they only tick down when you're logged in? Thus if people aren\t aware they get a TF and end up not logging in for a while it's not wasted.
    Please no. The inequity over favours and their impact on things not strictly RP is enough of a problem as is. Not everyone has a reasonable opportunity to get them while others can get weeks of TF's at a time. Punishing people for sticking with inactive gods is not awesome.

• Llandros said:
    Haezon said:
    Would it be possible to make true favours work like karmic blessings so they only tick down when you're logged in? Thus if people aren\t aware they get a TF and end up not logging in for a while it's not wasted.
    Please no. The inequity over favours and their impact on things not strictly RP is enough of a problem as is. Not everyone has a reasonable opportunity to get them while others can get weeks of TF's at a time. Punishing people for sticking with inactive gods is not awesome.
    Easily solved by making favors automated.
  • Daganev said:
    Llandros said:
    Haezon said:
    Easily solved by making favors automated.
    I think the Gods above all else would love that. Freedom from having to cover their org's members.
    That'd be interesting.  Once a X, lil' script runs that checks essence offered and assigns favors based on essence offerings.  Allow gods to set the thresholds and the favors take care of themselves.  Alternatively, you just get favored at X, next level of favor at Y, then Z, etc, capping out at truefavor that gets refreshed every time you hit A essence offered.

Obviously, gods could still disfavor/favor as they wish, but it would get rid of one bit of tedium for them.
  • It would, however, make favours incredibly gameable, and some people would run around with multiple TFs constantly. Even assuming the gods only give out favours to the org they patron, it'd still be a minimum of three (Glom, Celest, Hallifax) while some would get four (Gaudiguch, Mag) and even five (Serenwilde).

Note that I'm not saying "OMG the idea is awful". I can see where it's coming from, I really can, but I have to wonder if this is the right solution to that problem. Frankly, I'd rather see favours mean less mechanically (removing the damage reduction for one).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited October 2014
    Just make auto-favours for Order members only, that way people that stick to an inactive order can still get favours, and if you want to work for multiple favours (which only really stack with stats, and majority of people max their primary stats anyway, so no biggie) the god can then favor at his/her/their discretion

Edit: I was all against TF changes as long as people could get coins from curios and spin for TF's but that's no longer the case, so something can be done.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I would expect you could only get favours from a god you have joined an org for. cult or order whatever the term is now.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I miss the days when getting a truefavour meant more than the fact that you offered sometimes. Morgfyre still holds to that, I don't think I've ever been favoured for offering, and I've dropped some giant esteem bombs His way. It means it's actually a bit special to get one! I'd hate to see that go in favour of auto TFs for offerings. Maybe a nerf is more in order than making them gameable for everyone.