The Grind

13»

Comments

• I do think either doing a new round of wiki editor recruitment and rework the current wiki, or a player starting a new wiki, would really help.

On the other hand I do feel that and have supported the suggestion in the past to simply make all AB files available to everyone + let you see what skills are upcoming in your skill tree and where they stand at. Would also make it more appealing to new players to see what goodies they can soon play with. New players who probably don't know about any wiki or anything.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Daganev said:
    I was talking about the targetable purchaseable curios. (magic item, damage enhancement, damage protection, travel, and cooking)
    As was I.
  • Riluna said:
    @Steingrim If those numbers are optimistic, would you say you're consistently able to assemble even one full curio from a 100 piece crate? Or not even that?

Leaving the view of if they’re needed or not aside.

A hundred pack of damage curios are 200cr. If the goal is a single curios I think the chances are high enough that someone would trade you one for say 100 credits that I would try that route first. The more packs someone would be willing to buy the odds of finishing one or more would go up.

I don’t remember off the top of my head how many rares you get in a hundred pack. If you get 10 that is better than your odds off pulling one in a quest (which seem to be one in 20 being a rare).

There are 19 non-quest damage curio sets. Even if you get 10 rares in a pack the odds are you won’t finish a single curio let alone the specific one you want.

You can complete one, but consider this, which one do you complete? You for the most part have no way to checking to see what pieces are available to trade, which pieces are in a glut, and even knowing if someone will trade with you.

That said patience will in all likelihood pay off, but expect it to take months (and months more if you’re not the type to twist arms and ask people to just give you stuff).

There are some people in game who tend to keep their extras pieces to help others, there’s just few who do and more who won’t give you a piece they don’t need unless you have something they want.

I’m not trying to be overly pessimistic here, if you have the time you can probably get any you need, with the exception of broken quests.

• How willing are people to sell a curio they've completed, having finished the assembly grind for it themselves? I've only heard of people trading/selling pieces.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Steingrim said:

There are some people in game who tend to keep their extras pieces...

Ohai.

Finished most everything I've ever wanted, still have 1000+ pieces, and 5-8/10 pieces or so for a lot of older curios I don't particularly want to bother with trying to assemble.

I'm not always available and am sometimes cranky from getting off of a long workday, but chances are pretty good if you notice me around and ask I'll comb through what I got and trade what you need for randoms.

• Riluna said:
    How willing are people to sell a curio they've completed, having finished the assembly grind for it themselves? I've only heard of people trading/selling pieces.
    I have bought a wig from a person.

Of my 100 curios I have 8 or 9 rares.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Riluna said:
    How willing are people to sell a curio they've completed, having finished the assembly grind for it themselves? I've only heard of people trading/selling pieces.
    So far I've sold like 3 complete curios and given away like 6-7, even though they cost me real world money to get. So it really depends what you're looking for!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Selenity said:
    Riluna said:
    So far I've sold like 3 complete curios and given away like 6-7, even though they cost me real world money to get. So it really depends what you're looking for!
    Yeah, it totally depends on the curio in question. When I've bothered to sell, they've gone from like 25-50cr, but it's not been big ticket items like vernal/soulless, etc. Those could go for way more.

• It would definitly help if you were able to put up curios you want to trade or allow a syntax for trading while someone is offline.
  • edited December 2014
    Well thanks, @Selenity, now I feel like a lot less of a charity case for the wig. ^^

I think I ought to have enough to post some preliminary figures tomorrow, even if I'm not very comfortable with some of the rates I'm working with. Thanks for the input, everybody. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited December 2014
    Daganev said:
    It would definitly help if you were able to put up curios you want to trade or allow a syntax for trading while someone is offline.
    Would you feel if this was added to the curio exchange site that it would help? Just like how you add pieces, being able to add a completed one to either a wanted or owned list? I'll probably give it its own page because the data structure would be a little different. But I already have the completed set names all in a table so it would not be too hard to make as far as I can see.

Edit: I realize this does not solve the problem of offline trading, but it would allow listing at least.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Daganev said:
    It would definitly help if you were able to put up curios you want to trade or allow a syntax for trading while someone is offline.
    Would you feel if this was added to the curio exchange site that it would help? Just like how you add pieces, being able to add a completed one to either a wanted or owned list? I'll probably give it its own page because the data structure would be a little different. But I already have the completed set names all in a table so it would not be too hard to make as far as I can see.

Edit: I realize this does not solve the problem of offline trading, but it would allow listing at least.
    I was actually thinking about how neat it would be if you could get access to an API that lets a trade happen from your site.

Full curios to list that are for sale would be a great addition also.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Selenity said:
    Riluna said:
    Plus there are just certain people you like, so if you see a curio that reminds you of them, it doesn't feel as bad grinding away to try and get it for them.

@Rialorm if you don't mind me saying, one thing I'd like to do is be able to see someone else's wanted/owned curios as well, that way I can know what they're looking for ahead of time, even if I don't have anything that they want to trade for now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    So if anyone happens to get an antennae hair curio....

• Daganev said:
    Rialorm said:
    Daganev said:

I was actually thinking about how neat it would be if you could get access to an API that lets a trade happen from your site.

Full curios to list that are for sale would be a great addition also.
    If only I'd be allowed to have such nice things. But ok, adding that to the wishlist then.

Tremula said:
    Selenity said:
    Riluna said:
    Plus there are just certain people you like, so if you see a curio that reminds you of them, it doesn't feel as bad grinding away to try and get it for them.

@Rialorm if you don't mind me saying, one thing I'd like to do is be able to see someone else's wanted/owned curios as well, that way I can know what they're looking for ahead of time, even if I don't have anything that they want to trade for now.
    I don't mind, that is a great suggestion. Also going on the wishlist. I'll have to set aside some time to implement both, soon.