Are we limited to sheep wool?

DakhamunzuDakhamunzu Member Posts: 52 Capable
When designing things like tapestries are we limited to wool that came from a sheep?

Or can we use yarn made from alpacas, goats and even rabbits as well?

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman Member Posts: 4,384 Transcendent
    I see no reason you couldn't use alternate wools.
  • DakhamunzuDakhamunzu Member Posts: 52 Capable
    It's just I've never seen an alpaca in any of the villages so I wasn't sure if they existed in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,880 Transcendent
    I haven't seen an alpaca, sorry.
    Bob Junior says, "I had a party hook onnce. Lost it iNsiDee of soMe buxsm dracnari maiden, I thiik."
  • SsalissSsaliss Member Posts: 3,575 Transcendent
    There are plenty of rabbits, goats, mammoths and other stuff though.
  • XeriaXeria Member Posts: 633 Gifted
    here's a full list off the top of my head

Forest creatures
    deer
    rabbit (no angora)

Riding beasts
    Goat
    horse/pegasi/nightmare (if they don't turn out all metallic and such)
    mammoth
    dogs

MISC.
    racoons
    squirrel

is dead like the dodo
  • KazelKazel Member Posts: 107 Adept
    Hrm, cotton too, right?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink Member Posts: 1,717 Transcendent
    Do we actually have cotton? Because I'm not sure if I've seen it anywhere...

@Mysrai has cotton strands in Their realm I think, but gods can also make chocolate so there is that :|
  • DakhamunzuDakhamunzu Member Posts: 52 Capable
    No angora rabbits? I mean, I know there are rabbits so I thought I could just pretend that some of them were fluffy monstrosities.
    I would use angora and just put rabbits as commodity
  • SsalissSsaliss Member Posts: 3,575 Transcendent
    As for cotton:

540   srs             a delicately embroidered viridian cotton slip                                          2    150gp
    540   srs             an elegant heliotrope-coloured cotton petticoat                                        1    250gp
    921   Umbra           expertly knotted robes of pristine cotton                                              1   6500gp
    1007  Lambency        an off-shoulder, honey-gold cotton dress                                               2   1600gp
    1007  Lambency        a short, violet cotton sun dress                                                       1   1500gp
    1007  Lambency        beribboned, low-slung trousers of pale cotton                                          1   1700gp
    1188  Dc              pristine cotton robes of interwoven layering                                           1  15550gp
    1188  Dc              expertly knotted robes of pristine cotton                                              1  15750gp
    1188  Dc              simple cotton boxers                                                                   1   1000gp

So there's definitely precedence for using cotton in designs. Not sure which comm to use though, although I'd guess cloth.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.Member Posts: 7,880 Transcendent
    Yeah, you'll want to use cloth for cotton. If you want to use down for blankets/beds, use a duck >.<
    Bob Junior says, "I had a party hook onnce. Lost it iNsiDee of soMe buxsm dracnari maiden, I thiik."
  • PectusPectus Member Posts: 546 Mythical
    I was told that if you want a weird fabric, just list it under thread and make sure it fits into the mechanics lusternia has. You can't have nylon, and factory made synthetics , but you can have a lot of shit  stuff