Ascension 2015

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited February 2015
    I don't believe there's any kind of reduction, I seem to remember losing 'million's of essence previously.

(My experiance is skewed, I didn't die a whole lot the last two times, but I died a ton the previous few times before that)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:

I don't believe there's any kind of reduction, I seem to remember losing 'million's of essence previously.

(My experiance is skewed, I didn't die a whole lot the last two times, but I died a ton the previous few times before that)
    Death cost is as normal, I believe. 50k for dying, whatever for phoenix/praying/250k for reincarnate

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I've lost about 10 mil as a demi during these things
  • Daraius said:

Screw that. Kethuru can have the basin.

I keep saying we should just not reseal him and see what happens with Kethuru in control of everything.

Last year, as a  non-demi, I remember barely ever dying. I might have been killed once or twice, so that was what, 30% of a level? Then again, I don't think there was many people going after me because I probably wasn't seen as a threat.
  • Daraius said:

Ayisdra said:

Daraius said:

I keep saying we should just not reseal him and see what happens with Kethuru in control of everything.

Last year, as a  non-demi, I remember barely ever dying. I might have been killed once or twice, so that was what, 30% of a level? Then again, I don't think there was many people going after me because I probably wasn't seen as a threat.

Frankly, the statistics so far show that the Soulless actually treat their followers rather well. Look at the Ice Angels for Kethuru's sake!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If only we could talk the seal bearers into not participating. But then, inevitably, someone would betray us for level 101 and "winning" Lusternia.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'd be down with no xp loss but keep the timer. In fact, increase it!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Is there a way to see who is winning? Heh.

• Either of WG SCORE or WG STATUS or EVENT STATUS. We'll see. Can't remember exactly.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited February 2015
    Ah, it's been set up now, it is event status.

• Congrats Kelly.

That lag really sucks the fun right out of trying to actually compete and coordinate.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The lag hurt a lot.  I couldn't do much except pits.
  • edited February 2015
    Okay, this would be the first time I actually am involved in the Ascension fight and aware of what is going on...and I have to say im surprised with all the "fixing event to be more engaging" that the main event, Ascension, wasnt even brought up.

Really...the entire core of what Lusternia revolves around, the Ascension event....comes down to who can keep a Greater Pentagram up longest in their room (and apparently now about Staticfields which throw any possible people that leak in right out)? The entire basis of "Age of Ascension"....is preventing engagements from happening for easy wins?.....And no administration up there...no coder....thought that maybe, just -maybe- to try and make this event more engaging, that such a mechanic should be negated for the event....but rather, Avechna (whomever is controlling him this time, honestly...) declares that they decided only that Shrines will remain.., that's the basis of the brainstorming? Are you -trying- to shoot yourself in the foot constantly Lusternia? Well done on making the supposedly most important event of the year for your game, into a boring and uneventful concept because you're too busy to actually care to balance your abilities out. Bravo

The seal events were -far- more interesting. I do believe I wont bother with Ascension from now on. What a horror show...and not the good kind.

Bravo.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    At one point, I lagged as I typed a command to move, and only came back out of it well after being dead. I just spammed commands and hoped for the best. Really not fun to play with. Also, 5am start, ballllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzz.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2015
    Sojiro got in a couple of times with Reality, I was locked out of the room for about 8 minutes total due to reality & greatpent spam across a few different instances.

Edit: What I'm saying is, there are tons of skills that all can be deleterious.  If you're going to complain, might as well make a list.  Bonds stops rad, Pit stops all kinds of things, etc. etc.  Go all in.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    It's over!

:D
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • If Arcanis hates the game so much, I don't understand why he sticks around. And it's laughable that he thinks that he's the first person to feel disappointed when faced with superior numbers.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ascension has been like that every year, I'm told (one year, I think, I did actually try to participate, and promptly lagged out and lost my connection). It is what it is. I'm glad it's over, though, since it's my least favorite time of the year.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    I had to work, but I'm not a huge fan of Ascension either. It's usually one of the weaker storylines each year too, as everyone already knows the punchline and its resolution - not just all the admins running an event, like usual :P
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    My question, as always, is are the powers that be going to try to trace down what causes the lag, and see if it's possible to fix? Granted, I wasn't able to make it this year, work op.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    This is how Ascension is every year.

Last year and the year before I think were both cakewalks, someone had held the staff the entire time. This at least is progress.

And these type of skills are used during domoth/revolts or any other fight, and make them just as painful. Just because Ascension is like this every year, this is what almost every major fight bogs down to throughout the year or can degenerate down too.

It is just too easy to construct a fortress and defend that wall.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Arcanis said:

Maligorn said:

If Arcanis hates the game so much, I don't understand why he sticks around. And it's laughable that he thinks that he's the first person to feel disappointed when faced with superior numbers.

If you took the time to read, though I know that such a task is daunting to you, you'd notice it wasnt the numbers that was the issue, if anything we could handle it quite fine from the rare fights that took place with us wiping, it was in fact the capability to -not- allow fights, by sheer prevention of entering.

Bonds etc., is not the problem, those thwart summon/movements, im talking about being thwarted from even going in. If everyone is shooting Gpent after Gpent after Gpent, andthen on the -rare- occassion getting in to be -passively- knocked out by a staticfield, then the entire event become boredline pointless.

Edit: But honestly I dont know why im bothering to explain to you, or the possible admin that would care to read. It has clearly been shown for some time now the obvious hypocrisy going on with balance these days. Enjoy your mechanics that are supposedly promoting conflict? Oh wait...quite the opposite. Perhaps this is why we arent retaining players.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There is no -in anywhere in that name. I disapprove :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • And there wasn't a single mention of "fill in person" this year either. I was looking forward to that part...
  • She is starting a new trend with female ascendants. They have to have "man" in their name somewhere.