Simple questions?

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Anyone aware of any runes or other artifacts cheaper than the Great Rune of Superior Enchantment (100cr) that will make an instrument permanent? Discovered that non-decay customization is not allowed...  :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited April 2017
    Rancoura said:
    Anyone aware of any runes or other artifacts cheaper than the Great Rune of Superior Enchantment (100cr) that will make an instrument permanent? Discovered that non-decay customization is not allowed...  :(
    The lesser damage-enhancing runes at 75cr each and can be attached to weapons I believe. :)

<span>******************************** ARTIFACT #156 *********************************<br>Cost:<br><br>   75 Credits<br><br>Artifact Description:<br><br>- Enhances asphyxiation Damage, 1/11<br><br>- Attach to any clothing, armour or weapon (including staff, athame, cudgel, symbol, etc.)<br><br>- Note: Affects damage from any source, not just the weapon it is attached to.<br><br>- Must be wielded or worn.<br><br> <br><br>Short Description: a Lesser Rune of Asphyxiation Enhancement<br><br>Dropped Description: A Lesser Rune of Asphyxiation Enhancement glitters on the ground.<br><br>Extended Description:<br><br>A Lesser Rune of Asphyxiation Enhancement is an ancient artifact that increases<br><br>asphyxiation damage. The rune is shaped like a sword that vibrates of its own<br><br>accord.<br><br> <br>Category: weaponry<br><br>Keywords: offense credits<br><br>********************************************************************************</span>

edited April 2017
    Aha, thanks, Selenity. Now to decide if making this instrument permanent is worth 75cr.  :/

Edit: Well, I forgot that instrument racks existed. Problem solved!

Before an earthly flight

• I dont know if this helps much but you can also make your instrument not decay by bonding it as a musician as long as you play it every now and then.
    That would have been the ideal way to do it, but I don't think Rancoura will become a bard anytime soon! :P

Before an earthly flight

• edited April 2017
    How do we browse player made goop skins, is there a shop syntax or not yet? Has anyone submitted anything yet? @Ianir ?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Changelog 721 says:
        - Active stance effects have been removed from base, twist and center
       stances (bonus effects still work)

Can someone tell me what that means exactly? Stances (according to the abs) have 'effects' and 'bonus effects'. Does it mean that everything under 'effects' has poofed? (Because I'm not sure what the "active effects" refers to. Some effects are rather passive, like resistances. So I'm unsure how to understand that. The abs still list everything too, not sure if they're up to date).

• edited April 2017
    Aesyra said:
    Changelog 721 says:
        - Active stance effects have been removed from base, twist and center
       stances (bonus effects still work)

Can someone tell me what that means exactly? Stances (according to the abs) have 'effects' and 'bonus effects'. Does it mean that everything under 'effects' has poofed? (Because I'm not sure what the "active effects" refers to. Some effects are rather passive, like resistances. So I'm unsure how to understand that. The abs still list everything too, not sure if they're up to date).

AB's should be up to date (ABBUG if not)

Stances gave two effects, the kata effect which is passive and these remain. The skillset specific advanced stances gave an active effect on entering that stance (like what happens with surge/killer stances). Those active effects have been removed, but the bonus effects remain (if you enter center stance 8 seconds after base, you get a bonus effect)  
  • Kalikai said:
    AB's should be up to date (ABBUG if not)

Stances gave two effects, the kata effect which is passive and these remain. The skillset specific advanced stances gave an active effect on entering that stance (like what happens with surge/killer stances). Those active effects have been removed, but the bonus effects remain (if you enter center stance 8 seconds after base, you get a bonus effect)  

Thanks! I think I get it. Since those 'advanced stances' are their own separate skill entries in Shofangi, are they gonna be replaced or removed? (They still state those effects after all but I guess simply don't work).

Annnd ABs are definitely not (entirely) up to date, at least for Shofangi (sorry! <3). Those last few changes from the changelog aren't in there (example: there's at least one kick in there that's still listed as being doable in the base stance - which it is not (stomp). The thing about no more active effects in stances is also not reflected. Min stance requirements for kicks is also incorrect since that change in the changelog) And then there's syntax missing, at least one skill that's bodypart targetted and the syntax for that is listed incorrectly. Also the 'header' with "syntax, kata, bodypart, stance" is inconsistent both in what is listed of those 4 categories and which information it contains. (ie stomp has a stance listed even if wrong, buck is missing that info entirely).

I'm too tired today to bug anything. But once monks aren't changed every second day and people figured out how they want hemoharrging to work, I can bug what I see and think is incorrect. I don't think there's much of a point before then though.

• Sorry to pester! ;)

One more question: Is classflexing as expensive as I think it is? 100-200 lessons to switch class + up to 150 to reactivate those class skills = 250-350 lessons for one full class flex, meaning about 50cr each time you want to switch? Unless you buy 1-2k cr arties to reduce that cost?

Do people actually classflex a lot?
  • Aesyra said:
    Sorry to pester! ;)

One more question: Is classflexing as expensive as I think it is? 100-200 lessons to switch class + up to 150 to reactivate those class skills = 250-350 lessons for one full class flex, meaning about 50cr each time you want to switch? Unless you buy 1-2k cr arties to reduce that cost?

Do people actually classflex a lot?

Yeah that's all correct, and it depends.

I've built up a collection of skills because of elite membership and so sometimes it's just like... "well they're there". If you have elite and aren't going to be switching more than once every couple months, you probably don't need the arti, especially if once you have all the skills.
  • Are there cabinets or racks or something that can keep shrunken heads on display?
  • Anita said:
    Are there cabinets or racks or something that can keep shrunken heads on display?
    No. There are trophies for city trackers, and you can plant shrunken heads on spikes (AB TRACKING HEADHUNTER for usage, AB ARTS WOODCRAFT for acquiring spikes). Serenwilde also has a head tree I believe, but I'm not sure how that would work.

We've had a few requests for this as an artifact for personal display, and display cases in general might work well as furniture, so I'll talk to Estarra and the Charites, but no promises really.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited April 2017
    How can I make an aliases that will walk/tumble to random available exit? Is there a way to make mudlet pick one of the exits from gmcp.Room.Info.exits?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    @Ianir How difficult would it be to get the ARTIFACT LIST command to filter by keyword, similar to how ASHOP now works?  (For example ARTIFACT LIST DINGBAT to just list your dingbat artifacts)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2017
    What is the syntax for the shop ledger besides SHOPLEDGER for setting it to a shop?  The help file only lists SHOPLEDGER as syntax, but when I use that to try to find out other commands, it responds "You can only link your Ledger to a shop from within that shop or its stockroom.", same thing happens when you try to use any command prepended with SHOPLEDGER.

Disregard. It seems that you are still required to buy the SHOPLOG separately for each shop before you can look at the log with the artifact.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • @Saran Thank you! I was more thinking of hopping between classes when it floats my mind, but the price tag for that is a bit too hefty for me. I guess I'll stay monk (makes me super special anyhow, considering how few there are in Seren. :P ).
  • From the intro:
    In fact, you will never be obligated to make a purchase and many characters have successfully played Lusternia without ever having done so. We even encourage those who don't ever make a purchase to continue playing, because simply being a part of the game contributes to the world. However, while you are always free to decide whether or not to make a purchase, we hope you will consider getting the No Brainer Lesson Package which contains 1000 lessons at an extremely discounted price to help support the game and start your character off. This can be purchased at www.lusternia.com/credits. The No Brainer Lesson Packages is only offered to newbies and may only be purchased twice per character.

What level does a character become ineligible? Should I wait to level a character if I'm planning on buying the no-brainer but not quite yet?

• Unless it changed, I bought mine when I came back from my hiatus and I was definitely not a newbie then.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Did you create the character before or after no-brainers were created?
  • Before. I'm pretty old.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• You can buy them whenever. There's no age limit.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Cool, thanks for confirmation. :)
  • Hello! I feel like I must have missed a valuable piece of history regarding marriage. In particular, evidence to support or undermine a statement like "Marriage existed before cities existed" or "Marriage is a construct or byproduct of Civilization." I'm going to start making statements, and someone can tell me where I am wrong, since that is how forums work.

In the histories, I can find no mention directly of marriage, one case of husband and a few wives, all of which are in the Project Cosmic Hope Aethercasts (thus, post City) although the husband in wife in question are Gorgalial and Nifilhema. From context, given the chaos happening around them and the attempted explanatory tone of the Aethercast, it is not clear to me that this 'marriage' is anything more than mortals taking a concept and mapping it to the Holy Emanations, nor does it prove that their state of 'marriage' predates any particular point on the timeline.

In the real world, marriage is generally the point at which there is a transition between 'relationships that everyone is aware of in the social group' and 'relationships which are conferred and which themselves confer additional rights upon the parties.' It is the legal reification of a social construct which - even if it predates some 'cities' in some cultures - is dependent upon some form of understood legal hierarchy - thus, it requires a degree, at least, of civilization.

Please proceed with the wrong-proving.
  • Ejderha said:
    Hello! I feel like I must have missed a valuable piece of history regarding marriage. In particular, evidence to support or undermine a statement like "Marriage existed before cities existed" or "Marriage is a construct or byproduct of Civilization." I'm going to start making statements, and someone can tell me where I am wrong, since that is how forums work.

In the histories, I can find no mention directly of marriage, one case of husband and a few wives, all of which are in the Project Cosmic Hope Aethercasts (thus, post City) although the husband in wife in question are Gorgalial and Nifilhema. From context, given the chaos happening around them and the attempted explanatory tone of the Aethercast, it is not clear to me that this 'marriage' is anything more than mortals taking a concept and mapping it to the Holy Emanations, nor does it prove that their state of 'marriage' predates any particular point on the timeline.

In the real world, marriage is generally the point at which there is a transition between 'relationships that everyone is aware of in the social group' and 'relationships which are conferred and which themselves confer additional rights upon the parties.' It is the legal reification of a social construct which - even if it predates some 'cities' in some cultures - is dependent upon some form of understood legal hierarchy - thus, it requires a degree, at least, of civilization.

This is neither a question nor simple.
  • Tirah said:
    Ejderha said:
    Hello! I feel like I must have missed a valuable piece of history regarding marriage. In particular, evidence to support or undermine a statement like "Marriage existed before cities existed" or "Marriage is a construct or byproduct of Civilization." I'm going to start making statements, and someone can tell me where I am wrong, since that is how forums work.

This is neither a question nor simple.
    Thank you for your constructive response. How about this: When is the first record or mention of marriage?
  • @Ianir - could we get a breakdown of the proc chance of the various contents from divine crates?
  • The relatively benign cactus weed is desert-dwelling plant that may be harvested and smoked in a pipe.

This is a sprig of the leaves of the cactus weed plant. Small and jagged, the leaves are streaked with red.

Anyone know of a cactus that would most resemble this?

• Ianir said:

Anita said:
    Anyone know of a cactus that would most resemble this?

Closest to exactly resembling it is probably a schlumbergera (Christmas Cactus) that's been exposed to far too much sunlight. Several varieties of cryptanthus would also qualify, but they don't generally grow in desert. Aeonium Arborium probably would fit the bill if its leaves were jagged, but alas.

Somebody else might have more luck, but I don't think what we call cactus weed might have an exact RL representation. My personal headcanon is that it's some weird cryptanthus variety.

Thank you!! It'll work for what I want :)