Simple questions?

Comments

• Aesyra said:
    HELP AETHERGOOP states that aethergoop "may also occasionally be obtained in-game as rewards for certain quests".

Ist this for real? If so which quests are meant?
    Generally tends to be promotional ones, but there is also the Treasure Map Curio (which we do count as a quest internally).
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • @Ianir Thank you!
  • It used to be that a weapon with great runes of the elite weaponsmith could have two instances of a given enhancement.  This does not appear to be true in practice.  Is it just me and my old, outdated items or has this changed?

• edited May 2017
    Eldanien said:
    It used to be that a weapon with great runes of the elite weaponsmith could have two instances of a given enhancement.  This does not appear to be true in practice.  Is it just me and my old, outdated items or has this changed?
    Certain enhancements can be doubled, certain ones cannot due to having no effect.

Check back in 5 minutes when I edit this forum post for a list of all doubleable effects.

EDIT: Charm and Influence may be doubled. Everything else has no effect and has been mechanically blocked.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    This was changed at some point but weapons that already had these enhancements were grandfathered.
  • Is there only one or two mortal reviewers for designs?

My designs have been rejected, fixed, and now they're sitting there a while - can't remember when I submitted them though.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A mortal reviewer can only review an item once, iirc.  So once they review and accept or reject, they cannot interact with it again.  It may also require multiple votes to approve, so if two people (note: I do not know exact numbers) say yes and then another says no, you get the return and have to fix it.  When you resubmit you then need 3 entirely new people to say yes.

Some people scrap the design entirely after a rejection and start a new one with the fixes so the mortal reviewers who went through it the first time can do so again.  Not sure how frowned upon that is, though, but the issue is less "just 1-2 mortal reviewers" and more "maybe somewhere around five really active ones and the system locks them out after they do their job one time, so now you have to wait for some less active folk".

It is something that could use some tweaks, but given how many other balls are being juggled it is probably not a high priority.  Depending on how long "a while" is (a couple of weeks vs. a couple of days), you can recreate it, message the Charites, etc.
  • Are things intentionally this way, or is there something weird going on with the order of operations? To be clear, I feel like I should be at 13/13 divinus, but I am at 12.

*****************************[ Bodyscan - Buffs ]******************************

Stat                  Effect                                     Value      Max

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Universal             Infused food                                   1        3

Universal             Kirigami charm                                 1        5

Universal             Earth pulse                                    2        8

Universal             Master of none                                 1       10

Universal             Blessed by the gods                            2       10

Universal             Lich                                          -1       -8

Total                                        6

Divinus               Curio                                          2        7

Divinus               Artifact rune                                  5       13

Total (including universal)                 12

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Mrak said:
    Are things intentionally this way, or is there something weird going on with the order of operations? To be clear, I feel like I should be at 13/13 divinus, but I am at 12.

*****************************[ Bodyscan - Buffs ]******************************

Stat                  Effect                                     Value      Max

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divinus               Curio                                          2        7

Divinus               Artifact rune                                  5       13

Total (including universal)                 12

As I understand it, the universal modifiers put you at 6/13.

Your curio won't buff you past 7, it's capped at 7 (that's what that Max number is). So that's 7/13.

Then the artifact rune gives you another five. 5 + 7 = 12.

12/13.
  • I don't think that can be the case, because when I switch to the soulless damage curio I get this (apologies for the formatting)

Excorable             Curio                                          2        7
                            Total (including universal)                  8
    If I understand your explanation correctly, I should have 7 on Excorable.

I do not think you read it correctly. You are not even close to 7/7 before you flip your curio on (most of your buffs go up to /8 or /10).  It goes through and adds up each level.

If you have four 1/3 buffs, you will be at 3/3 (the fourth is dropped because it takes you over its cap).  Then if you have eight 1/5 buffs you will be at 5/5.  Then if you have one 1/8 buff you will be at 6/8.  Then if you have two 1/10 buffs you will be at 8/10.
  • edited May 2017
    I believe the issue here is your lich debuff.

Debuffs factor in after all buffs. If you look at both without the debuff, divinus should be 13 and excoroable should be 9. The debuff subtracts one from each, leaving you at 12 and 8.
  • Mrak said:
    I don't think that can be the case, because when I switch to the soulless damage curio I get this (apologies for the formatting)

If I understand your explanation correctly, I should have 7 on Excorable.

As it was said above, it seems your universal is being counted as one buff, not 5-6.
  • Kalikai said:

Debuffs factor in after all buffs. If you look at both without the debuff, divinus should be 13 and excoroable should be 9. The debuff subtracts one from each, leaving you at 12 and 8.
    That was my guessed explanation, but I'm not psyched about it working this way. Here, the order of application actually matters - if debuffs were applied before buffs were, I would have been fine.

I guess the answer to my original question ("is it supposed to work this way") is yes then.
    Yes, that design was intended by Roark when the system got switched over.  The reasoning is that he always wanted debuffs to have an effect (most debuffs are applied by other people, lich is one of the few exceptions).  Spending power to drop a sphere on someone to debuff them (one example) that does no debuffing because they stacked up a lot of stuff would cause a fair bit of consternation, too.  You could basically buy total immunity to certain effects.
  • Xenthos said:
    A mortal reviewer can only review an item once, iirc.  So once they review and accept or reject, they cannot interact with it again.  It may also require multiple votes to approve, so if two people (note: I do not know exact numbers) say yes and then another says no, you get the return and have to fix it.  When you resubmit you then need 3 entirely new people to say yes.

Some people scrap the design entirely after a rejection and start a new one with the fixes so the mortal reviewers who went through it the first time can do so again.  Not sure how frowned upon that is, though, but the issue is less "just 1-2 mortal reviewers" and more "maybe somewhere around five really active ones and the system locks them out after they do their job one time, so now you have to wait for some less active folk".

It is something that could use some tweaks, but given how many other balls are being juggled it is probably not a high priority.  Depending on how long "a while" is (a couple of weeks vs. a couple of days), you can recreate it, message the Charites, etc.
    Thanks for the answer! I actually didn't know it worked like that, I knew that once a reviewer had rejected it, it goes back into the queue, but I never knew several had to give a 'yes' to it, too! Good to  know! I don't think it's gone to the weeks yet, so I'll wait a little while longer before pushing them, and I don't want to get told off for doing a whole new version (just in case)

• Anita said:
    Xenthos said:

Thanks for the answer! I actually didn't know it worked like that, I knew that once a reviewer had rejected it, it goes back into the queue, but I never knew several had to give a 'yes' to it, too! Good to  know! I don't think it's gone to the weeks yet, so I'll wait a little while longer before pushing them, and I don't want to get told off for doing a whole new version (just in case)

Yeah actually I thought I had read that they don't like it when we resubmit a design because it starts the process over and takes even longer or something. I could be remembering wrong.
  • If you prevent a payment for your elite membership (say you change CC #'s or cancel the subscription on paypal), is there a window of time after the membership needs to be charged that you can reinstate the payment and not loose the stacked perks that take several months to build up (like the 5 additional credits each month)?
    edited May 2017
    I ran into this issue in February (for slightly different reasons).  You have 30 days to reactivate the membership before the benefit stack resets.

For those curious, my membership renews on the 29th.  Oddly, February 29th was unable to be billed so Lusternia informed me that the process failed and the membership would lapse in thirty days on Feb. 28th.

... Then the next day it automatically fixed itself.
  • edited May 2017
    Foehn said:
    If you prevent a payment for your elite membership (say you change CC #'s or cancel the subscription on paypal), is there a window of time after the membership needs to be charged that you can reinstate the payment and not loose the stacked perks that take several months to build up (like the 5 additional credits each month)?
    30 days, but be careful. If you let membership lapse and purchase anything else, membership will auto-renew with that purchase. If you are ok with that, you will need to issue yourself for the bonus credits from your purchase as Elite won't apply to the purchase making it. If you aren't, you need to contact IRE admin directly. Elite is a bit odd and not especially overseen since it's mostly an automated setup - this means you can get weird situations (I was banned for a bit and being charged monthly for Elite), but ISSUE ME tends to work well to sort out the exceptions.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Mrak said:
    Kalikai said:

That was my guessed explanation, but I'm not psyched about it working this way. Here, the order of application actually matters - if debuffs were applied before buffs were, I would have been fine.

I guess the answer to my original question ("is it supposed to work this way") is yes then.
    Other people have said things, but I wanted to chime in to re clarify that order of application does not in the slightest matter. All buffs are calculated up, then all debuffs. One oddity that this leaves in the system is that there's no way to counter regenerations that won't also cause damage over time. (ie: You can't make a debuff that would bring a 13/13 health warrior to 0/13 that wouldn't take a 0/0 novice to -13/-13.)
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Negative regeneration is the same as 0 regeneration.
  • Huh. Maybe they should cause damage. Thanks for the idea!
    Ianir said:
    Huh. Maybe they should cause damage. Thanks for the idea!
    I feel like Roark and I discussed that and he was quite adamant that it was not supposed to cause damage, because I had the same concern back when we were doing the transition.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ianir said:
    I feel like Roark and I discussed that and he was quite adamant that it was not supposed to cause damage, because I had the same concern back when we were doing the transition.
    Xynthin, I think Ianir was facetious with that comment.

... I hope  :*

Orti said:
    Xenthos said:
    Ianir said:
    Xynthin, I think Ianir was facetious with that comment.

... I hope  :*
    Something I've learned: 99% odds of one thing means 1% odds of being wrong.  See: Well, there are lots of things recently where odds have demonstrated this.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    When Nirvana was introduced, I found out about how dubuffs work specifically because while I was Weaving I started losing vitals (ego, I think) from the Regen suppression. That might've been fixed in the interim though.
  • BraemBraem Kentucky
    edited May 2017
    What artifacts are the best for hunting to demigod?

What artifacts are useful to have just in general?
  • edited May 2017
    Braem said:
    What artifacts are the best for hunting to demigod?

What artifacts are useful to have just in general?
    A divinus whip, vial runes, a pipe rune, potentially health runes and runes to buff your new divinus damage.